Is my Yamaha R6 motor stolen?

kcpgt2002

Established Member
I aquired a 2003 yamaha R6 motor and want to put it in my old dunebuggy.
I tried searching to see if I can run the serial number but have gotten mixed answers.
Is the motor traceable and is there a way to find history? Like a carfax website?

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
You "acquired" how exactly?

Sounds like JJ from Good Times "finding" stuff.

I smell fish.

Monster Mach

Established Member
I aquired a 2003 yamaha R6 motor and want to put it in my old dunebuggy.
I tried searching to see if I can run the serial number but have gotten mixed answers.
Is the motor traceable and is there a way to find history? Like a carfax website?

Yea take it to the police and have them run it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
so. lets see if we all understand what you are saying.

you "aquire" a stolen motor, you want to put it in your dunebuggy and basically are asking what are your chances of getting caught or being discovered.

i would say, pretty good right now.

this isnt our first rodeo.

but to answer your question. yes motors have serial numbers. yes they can be tracked. good luck.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Had a similar incident happen with the Monterey PD years ago.

I bought a bike at their police auction that was missing an engine. Back then Kawasaki had the same serial number on the frame as on the engine. The engine was the only thing that was reported stolen.
Bought another Z-1 that had been smashed in a traffic accident and the only good part was the engine. Put the two together.

A year later I got pulled over (speeding, of course) and more and more police cars started arriving.
The Monterey PD had never specified that only the engine had been reported to be stolen. Luckily for me I had kept ALL the paperwork from the police auction showing that I had legally bought the rolling frame and the bike wasn't stolen. And the cops still wanted to arrest me and keep the bike. I suggested that they call the Monterey PD and verify that the bike was legit, they did and I was finally let go. And they didn't even write me for speeding.

So even if the engine you bought is legit the rest of the bike may be in the computer as stolen. Better check with the DMV and verify that everything is OK before you spend any more money.

adtp337

Established Member
Had my buddy who is a cop run the serial number and and it came up fine.

Why wouldn't you ask him in the first place? Smells like Paris Hilton's vag in here.

celebrities-warning06.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread