Is price of gas effecting driving habits yet?

trendkilllx

Established Member
$2.75 per gal here now for prem, find myself driving easy to safe gas, just wondering if effecting anyone else? Anyhow hopefully it will cycle back down.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
It is for me, I used to drive 3 hours to see my family & friends every other weekend or so. Now i don't go for a 3weeks to a month. It's boring as crap here so that's why I go home, but shit it's to damn expensive to go down there now. Since I'm living on campus I have made a half a tank of gas last 3 weeks by just driving to the store or to get some food. But in the meantime gas prices went up over 30 cents in that time. :cuss:

It's now 2.39 for premium. Was 2.29 for 3 days and went up 10 cents of course on the day I buy gas. But I just can't let myself get on the freeway sometimes with just giving it some gas. :burnout:

04torchred

Established Member
F@$* no. Gas in Canada is $0.95 cents per litre for 91 octane so don't get too worked up about $2.75 a gallon. Drive the car and have fun, you live once and can't take the money to the grave.

maddrabitt

Established Member
Not yet. When I bought my cobra I decided I was an ass wipe if I ever wanted to snivel about gas prices. If the cost of gas was important to me, I would have stayed with my old Accord

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Its hurting me i have trouble paying for the car, now gas is killing me. being 19 and going to school and not working to much doesn't help any. lets just say i havn't used the boost in about 2 months. (well maybe a little) :)

ks_04SVT

Established Member
It effected me, I traded my Lightning for a 04 Cobra. Much better gas milage, and now the smile on my face is even bigger.

TK Doom

Established Member
Not really, as long as sales are up, I don't mind...(company gas card).

If sales were down, then I'd feel guilty when the blower kicks in. :-D

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Hell yea it has... I dont get on it as often anymore, I dont feel like dumping all this money into gas, and I find myself driving my breater more often now :(

whippleblown03

Established Member
i traded my lightning for my cobra last april. cobra is way easier on gas. i just bought my wife a 05 toyota prius and she doesnt work so i am driving it most of the time and saving the cobra for our weekends and the drags. some day we will all be driving hydrogen cobras!

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
The bike is getting a lot more daily use now that it is getting warmer and not to mention the big difference in MPG. Its great to get the same performance as the Cobra and sip down 36 MPG....

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
04cobratorchred said:
Its hurting me i have trouble paying for the car, now gas is killing me. being 19 and going to school and not working to much doesn't help any. lets just say i havn't used the boost in about 2 months. (well maybe a little) :)

i feel ya!
but school is almost out and i plan to be bankin' again this summer. i'd like to get the cobra paid off before i come back to school in august, we'll see.....
but honestly, i'd rather be the 19yr old watching his bank account, paying for his own 04 cobra and ALL expenses that go along with it.....and keeping a good GPA, than the other 19+yr olds i know that are just worried about trying to figure out how they can get cash back at the grocerie store so they can go buy beer on their parent's dime without them knowing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread