Is there going to be a Roush/Saleen Shelby gt350?

bluestang41505

Established Member
As the title states, will there be a Roush or Saleen gt350? I know the 03/04 Cobras had a handful of Roush/Saleen vin cars. And those cars are unicorns in there own right, especially after that one roush cobra was totaled. Anyway, just a thought.....

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I doubt those companies have the tech to top what the GT350 already has. I just dont see what they could expand on besides appearance and power. Appearance is subjective and big power gains could pose warranty issues.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Doubt it. Not cost effective and Not enough of them going around for Roush/Saleen to get their hands on since it's all by dealer allocation. Roush/Saleen would need to buy them from individual dealers first of all. That might entail paying cost or maybe more. The initial price of the car plus Then the R/D would drive the cost up and make it hard to absorb since they wouldn't make many examples. Like others said I don't think the end result would be much better than what Ford already made.

I could see them developing a package you send your car over to have put on after purchase, but by that time you would better off getting an R with an ADM. When it comes down to it we all just want an R anyway

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
The introduction of the 03-04 Cobra, Mach 1, Boss 302, GT500, and GT350 made Roush/Saleen irrevalant.

In the 1990's the Saleen S351R was the equivalent of the GT500 or 03-04 cobra. There is no need for their services anymore unless they can engineer a better mustang.

I doubt they will because it would be too expensive, and most people would just ignore them.

CO Mack

Established Member
There have been a couple of fun ones since the 04; the Parnelli Jones Saleen was really cool, and the blown Extreme version too, the Roush P-51 was pretty neat, but for the most part I agree...don't really get why people spend the price for these.

Helmet

Established Member
Roush Moded Mustangs are covered under Ford Warranty(If the car was bought new from Roush) from what I understand

Last edited:

smrtasp

Established Member
I would agree that it is highly unlikely due to the low production volume of the GT350. If by some miracle the production numbers climb it might be something we see. Much like Callaway does with the Z06 Corvette. That said, my brother picked up his 2015 yellow label (715 HP) last November and its actually very well built. There is a market for these cars as most people want something above a standard GT but refuse to pay dealer markups up the 350's. Case in point - there is a dealer back in Ohio (Lebanon Ford) that is selling 2016 GT's with the Roush phase 2 SC making 727 HP for 39,995. This is a dealer installed option but the point is components from both Saleen and Roush might also start showing up on mustangs without a full blown package which leaves a little bit of market for GT350 upgrades in the future.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The GT350 level of technical sophistication would be a hard act for Roush or Saleen to improve on which would require lots of R&D and most likely result in little improvement over the factory car. I don't think you will see much aftermarket stuff for it due to it's level of refinement and level of tune.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
probably end up being a decal package and some bling wheels. i sure don't want one. roush does make some good dealer installed upgrade packages for the gt that come with warrenty too!

Users who are viewing this thread