Not open for further replies.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Too much controversy

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
its saving grace is that its very low miles and has a bigger blower. I don't think its unreasonable.

Recon

Established Member
Sounds alright. Lot of money for a Condor though. It's definitely nice.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Hak5.0

Established Member
i know its modded, but does it actually have the option svt performance package? cause those are the base wheels.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
With 13/14 GT500s getting into low 50s and high 40s, the car posted by OP is not a 40k imo.

Around $35k would be my offer or even less.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
With 13/14 GT500s getting into low 50s and high 40s, the car posted by OP is not a 40k imo.

Around $35k would be my offer or even less.

^^^Yes, I have a friend who sent me pictures of a 2013 this past week, 2000 original miles, SVTPP and Trac-Pac, the darker Red color, white stripes, nice car (no glass roof) for $49K. So the 662 cars are coming down in $$$. <<For less than $10K, you are buying 2 years newer, 5.8L plus all of the Ford production updates that came along with the 2013/14 GT500's............That is something to think about.....

Of course if a person's budget is around $40K, then the $49K is out of the question.

R

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
---------------

Last edited:

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
I dont know about a "no brainer" but if that's your budget and you've looked good at the carfax and know it doesn't have a branded title I'd say go for it. I in the last 4 years got bought an 03 cobra with a washed title that was branded but the dealer was able to cover it up. Could have lead to a lawsuit but it was a couple states away that I bought it. Just do your research make sure it's accident free and actual miles and if you can come up with the extra for a 13/14 then I'd say it's a good deal. I'd say a no brainer would be around 32-34

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Seller just sent me email that he agreed to my earlier offer of $36k (which he initially refused). I have not yet accepted. What do you guys think about $36k? Does that make it anywhere near a 'no-brainer'?

Thanks very much, Dave F.

If it is the car you want, color, options, etc. I would say go for it. They aren't making any more 2011 GT500's, so the ones for sale are the ones to pick from. Yes, there may be lesser expensive ones for sale..............but the question is...........Are they exactly what you are looking for? or are you just buying for a cheaper price. To me, if I found one that was "exactly" what I was looking for I would pull the trigger and spend a little more money for what I want instead of settling on another one and then wishing it had other options or a different color that I wanted to start with. <<But that is just my opinion.

BTW - The guy I was talking about, the one who sent me the link to the dark Red 2013..............He bought a 2011 about 2 years ago, and now has the itch to move from 550 to 662 and he did not back then, and does not now, want someone else's modded (possibly abused) toy, so he is looking for original, and then he will add mods as he chooses.

R

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
If it is the car you want, color, options, etc. I would say go for it. They aren't making any more 2011 GT500's, so the ones for sale are the ones to pick from. Yes, there may be lesser expensive ones for sale..............but the question is...........Are they exactly what you are looking for? or are you just buying for a cheaper price. To me, if I found one that was "exactly" what I was looking for I would pull the trigger and spend a little more money for what I want instead of settling on another one and then wishing it had other options or a different color that I wanted to start with. <<But that is just my opinion.

BTW - The guy I was talking about, the one who sent me the link to the dark Red 2013..............He bought a 2011 about 2 years ago, and now has the itch to move from 550 to 662 and he did not back then, and does not now, want someone else's modded (possibly abused) toy, so he is looking for original, and then he will add mods as he chooses.....

This is great advice, thanks very much. :cool: This particular car is not my favorite color, but I like everything else, especially that big Whipple and the ultra-low miles. I'm kind of in a quandary, I think it's a 'fair' deal at $36k, but it's certainly not my all-time favorite GT500. But then again, it's almost impossible to find that 'perfect' car. But at least with this one, I know I don't need to spend a bunch of money on mods. There's really nothing else I would want to do.

Thanks again...... ;)

Islandcat

Established Member
I think it's a good deal. I mean you can haggle him down some more if you want, but if you like it and are willing to pay 36,000 then pull the trigger. Trust me, once you floor it for the first time you not gonna be worried that you could have possibly gotten it for 2,000 cheaper lol

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
This is great advice, thanks very much. :cool: This particular car is not my favorite color, but I like everything else, especially that big Whipple and the ultra-low miles. I'm kind of in a quandary, I think it's a 'fair' deal at $36k, but it's certainly not my all-time favorite GT500. But then again, it's almost impossible to find that 'perfect' car. But at least with this one, I know I don't need to spend a bunch of money on mods. There's really nothing else I would want to do.

Thanks again...... ;)

As time goes by, the ultra low mile examples will change hands, and the number of ultra low mile cars will get smaller and smaller, so grabbing one with ultra low miles now, is a plus for sure.

R

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it's a very nice car and has some really low mileage.
The 2 things that bother me are that it's not a SVT PP and that it has mods. Mostly the mods part. I'm always weary about the mods on a car, especcially a used car like the Shelby, Hellcat or C7. You get my point. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck!!

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I think it's a very nice car and has some really low mileage.
The 2 things that bother me are that it's not a SVT PP and that it has mods. Mostly the mods part. I'm always weary about the mods on a car, especcially a used car like the Shelby, Hellcat or C7. You get my point. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck!!

What's the 'advantage' of the SVT option?

And I totally understand about the mods. My other thought was to buy a 2015 GT, and then throw PD blower on it, and then of course, it would need plenty of other mods just to stay together. So then I'd still have heavily modded car.

I don't think you're overthinking it at all, but I know I am, LOL. It's kinda fun anyway, I am enjoying the buying process..... Thanks

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
And I totally understand about the mods. My other thought was to buy a 2015 GT, and then throw PD blower on it, and then of course, it would need plenty of other mods just to stay together. So then I'd still have heavily modded car.
I don't think you're overthinking it at all, but I know I am, LOL. It's kinda fun anyway, I am enjoying the buying process..... Thanks
If you can afford a '15 GT, get the '15 and throw a PD and enjoy it.
There are plenty of those cars running around with stock suspension/trans and so on with a nice Whipple stage 2 on it. Plus, the '15 is more modern and would probably be still under warranty until the blower goes on. LOL

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
What's the 'advantage' of the SVT option?

Here is an overview description of the "new for 2011" GT500 SVTPP............

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1042365_2011-shelby-gt500-svt-performance-package-details

^^^^^At an additional original cost of about $3500 for the SVTPP option, I can see why some 2011's are $40K and some are closer to $35K and then other options like glass roof, etc. That would definitely swing the price widely on these cars in the used car market.

I just looked up the cost of the glass roof, it was $2000, so just those two options (SVTPP and Glass Roof) could shoot the original cost of a 2011 up by $5K, wasn't there also an Electronics Pkg. option?

R

Last edited:

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I dont know about a "no brainer" but if that's your budget and you've looked good at the carfax and know it doesn't have a branded title I'd say go for it. I in the last 4 years got bought an 03 cobra with a washed title that was branded but the dealer was able to cover it up. Could have lead to a lawsuit but it was a couple states away that I bought it. Just do your research make sure it's accident free and actual miles and if you can come up with the extra for a 13/14 then I'd say it's a good deal. I'd say a no brainer would be around 32-34

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Not to sound dumb but what is a branded and/or washed title? Is that not illegal?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Here is an overview description of the "new for 2011" GT500 SVTPP............

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1042365_2011-shelby-gt500-svt-performance-package-details

^^^^^At an additional original cost of about $3500 for the SVTPP option, I can see why some 2011's are $40K and some are closer to $35K and then other options like glass roof, etc. That would definitely swing the price widely on these cars in the used car market.

R

Thanks for link. Are most casual buyers wanting the SVT package (I'm thinking resale here)? I can certainly understand the desire if tracking the car, but for just driving and enjoying it seems like the SVT might make the ride quality suffer a bit. For me, I'd prefer non-SVT, I'm getting old, hahahaaaa.......

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thanks for link. Are most casual buyers wanting the SVT package (I'm thinking resale here)? I can certainly understand the desire if tracking the car, but for just driving and enjoying it seems like the SVT might make the ride quality suffer a bit. For me, I'd prefer non-SVT, I'm getting old, hahahaaaa.......

Performance car, performance guy? I would say yes in most cases.

Options are always desirable.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread