Is this 2011 GT500 worth $40K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I think I must be old fashioned, but if a guy offered me 36k and I accepted his offer and then he came back with a lower offer, I would ignore him. I would just figure he was one of those guys who love to dicker, but never actually buy.

The time to figure out what is a fair price for the car is BEFORE you make an offer.

50stangpower

Established Member
Wait a minute, you offered him 36k for his car right? He said yes... it's a done deal if your a man of your word. This is the problem with selling stuff these days. Don't make an offer if your not ready to commit.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I think I must be old fashioned, but if a guy offered me 36k and I accepted his offer and then he came back with a lower offer, I would ignore him. I would just figure he was one of those guys who love to dicker, but never actually buy.

The time to figure out what is a fair price for the car is BEFORE you make an offer.

Wait a minute, you offered him 36k for his car right? He said yes... it's a done deal if your a man of your word. This is the problem with selling stuff these days. Don't make an offer if your not ready to commit.

OMG....... NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I did NOT do as you guys think! :eek: I offered him $36k, and he countered that he was absolutely dead-set on $40k, so we ended it there. The deal was dead, or so I thought.

Then a few hours later he emails me and says he thought it over and he would now be willing to accept the $36k offer.

So my offer of $36k was flat-out rejected, and that's when I posted this thread to see if anyone thought I would be crazy to pay his price of $40k. And I think it would be crazy to pay $40k.

But now my enthusiasm has waned and I don't even want to pay the $36k, LOL. I could buy a brand new GT for that number and have an infinitely nicer car with the only sacrifice being power, but that could easily be fixed with a Whipple! :cool:

The dilemma for Mustang buyers (and sellers) is that the newer Mustangs keep getting better and nicer in almost every way, and this REALLY hurts resale on these cars. JMHO, of course.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
^....you wont FIX the power issue with "just a whipple" on a GT dude; but that's another topic post for another day

My opinion is that $40k is not unreasonable for this car.
No matter what gets asked around on the forums you will always get answers of 6 one way, half a dozen the other......your money do with it what you want

Last edited:

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
But now my enthusiasm has waned and I don't even want to pay the $36k, LOL. I could buy a brand new GT for that number and have an infinitely nicer car with the only sacrifice being power, but that could easily be fixed with a Whipple! :cool:

Yeah, no. New GT + Whipple does not equal a 2011 GT500 with Whipple, Kooks, MGW, BMR, etc. Plus, this GT500 is basically brand new anyway. 2700 miles is nothing. I have 28,000 on my 2012.

And... here's what your whipple "fix" will cost on your new GT:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...upercharged-power-pack-with-whipple-2-9l.html

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
....My opinion is that $40k is not unreasonable for this car.
No matter what gets asked around on the forums you will always get answers of 6 one way, half a dozen the other......your money do with it what you want

Yes, I totally concur. However, I always try to get a few opinions before making any substantial life decisions, and I am appreciative of the diversity, which helps get my mind open. Sometimes when you focus on one subject for too long you become myopic, so it's good to have other folks help expand the field of view. Thanks very much............ ;)

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member

builttodrive

Established Member
I guess after owning GT's and now my Shelby I would have a very hard time going back to just a GT model. Partly for depreciation reasons and also once you've owned one having a lesser model car even being newer and so called "better" just wouldn't appeal to me.

If I were looking at either buying a GT500 or a 2015+ GT model I would look at it more like do I want a manual or an Auto. I think anyone who chooses a GT over a GT500 and picks a manual did it wrong.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
I still see some 07-09s cracking 30k so I think for an 11, with those mods and the mileage 36 is very fair. If I was in the market I'd jump on that one for 36k but everyone's taste and price range is different!

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
That's a great deal. To say your not so much interested after he went down is crap dude. You better jump on that offer. Good luck in your decision.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
He accepted your 36k offer within hours, not days or weeks.

A man of his word acts and buys at that point.

Plus with the mileage and amazing mods that's an AWESOME deal in my region of the country.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
He accepted your 36k offer within hours, not days or weeks.

A man of his word acts and buys at that point......

Dude, I don't like, nor do I deserve the "man of his word" insult. The seller did not accept my highest offer of $36k. The seller said "no way". He totally, flat-out, 100% refused it. The deal was dead. We did not discuss anything like "let's think about it" or whatever. The deal was freakin' dead. It was sooooo dead, that I threw it out of my mind and got lost for the afternoon. I mentally packed it in. Due to the seller's actions, I gave up on the car at that point. What else was I supposed to do?

Then, a few hours later, he tries to revive the deal. At that point, it's a new deal.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
OMG....... NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I did NOT do as you guys think! :eek: I offered him $36k, and he countered that he was absolutely dead-set on $40k, so we ended it there. The deal was dead, or so I thought.

Then a few hours later he emails me and says he thought it over and he would now be willing to accept the $36k offer.

So my offer of $36k was flat-out rejected, and that's when I posted this thread to see if anyone thought I would be crazy to pay his price of $40k. And I think it would be crazy to pay $40k.

The dilemma for Mustang buyers (and sellers) is that the newer Mustangs keep getting better and nicer in almost every way, and this REALLY hurts resale on these cars. JMHO, of course.

If your enthusiasm waned after a few hours, you were never serious to begin with. There will always be a nicer newer mustang over the hill.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Dude, I don't like, nor do I deserve the "man of his word" insult. The seller did not accept my highest offer of $36k. The seller said "no way". He totally, flat-out, 100% refused it. The deal was dead. We did not discuss anything like "let's think about it" or whatever. The deal was freakin' dead. It was sooooo dead, that I threw it out of my mind and got lost for the afternoon. I mentally packed it in. Due to the seller's actions, I gave up on the car at that point. What else was I supposed to do?

Then, a few hours later, he tries to revive the deal. At that point, it's a new deal.

And you suck at negotiation. He was probably seeing if you would split the difference at 38k. When you stuck firm the buyer had to decide if that was fair, he did decide it was fair and ran into a waffler.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I think the $40k is not unreasonable and the $36k is a steal. Yes it's not SVTPP, however around here 13/14 are still above $50k. Given the mods I would definitely get it checked out, compression and leakdown and boroscope. 20# of boost is a lot, and if you don't live in an area where 100 is readily available you will probably want to dial is back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread