Is this bullitt worth the asking price?

spectreman

Established Member
Speaking as a former Bullitt owner (folks who are generally infatuated w/their cars,) I'll offer that the car is worth whatever the seller & owner agree on the price. $15g's? To me, not a chance- don't care it's got 8k on the odo. Maybe, MAYBE a $10g car if the buyer really wants a quasi-unique ride.
Lee

Sluggie24

Established Member
When I was shopping for mustangs last summer I found Mach 1's for less than that and Terminators for just a few thousand more. IMHO it's overpriced.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I was shopping for mustangs last summer I found Mach 1's for less than that and Terminators for just a few thousand more. IMHO it's overpriced.

You didn't find Terminators with 8k miles for a few thousand more. Comparing apples to oranges.

At the end of the day, the Bullitt is just a green Mustang GT with a few visual upgrades. No, it is not worth $15k. I'd bet some one would pay upper $12k's for it though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm going to agree with Nick that someone who really wants a low mileage Bullitt might pay in the $12K range. But it would have to be someone who REALLY wants it. Otherwise, maybe $10K range.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
So the dealer gives military discounts , after they Jack the price to the sky .
5 piston calipers same as on cobra ?
I would stay away from these guys .

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I really wanted a Bullitt.. and the most I wanted to spend was 6k haha

You could make a case for spending 10 on that one though, If cared for it's ready to go for 100,000 miles +. Anything you buy in the 4-6k range you're most likely going to spend more $ in work and gonna be well into or near 100k miles. Ask me how I know :eek:

jaxbusa

Established Member
You could make a case for spending 10 on that one though, If cared for it's ready to go for 100,000 miles +. Anything you buy in the 4-6k range you're most likely going to spend more $ in work and gonna be well into or near 100k miles. Ask me how I know :eek:

Same here. Ask me how I know. Make a list of what you want the finished car to be. Add all of the parts and labor to get it to that point with the cost of the vehicle. Proceed to throw up. Then just buy the newest, cleanest vehicle you can afford.

Last edited:

StrayBullitt

Established Member
^ haha, agreed.. thrown up a couple times. Pains me sometimes to think what kind of car I could have with all the $ I have wrapped up into this one, but then I remember that I do <3 my Bullitt.

Sluggie24

Established Member
Or take your time and look for a car that already has some of the mods that you would want to do. I lucked out and found an 04 GT that already had $7800 worth of mods that I would have done myself anyway. Car was only $9k. Basically paid for the mods and got the car for $1200.

Users who are viewing this thread