Is this for real?

Coiled03

Established Member
You're not understanding me.

Him spitting does not warrant a professional assaulting him. Spit can be considered assault, but it does not warrant her attacking him like that. He's restrained multiple times, and in a stretcher headed for an evaluation, which leads someone to believe he's got some mental issues going on.

As stated above, she would still be employed, and not facing criminal charges, had she just let the LEO that were right there do their jobs.....

crazy concept, I know, this 'Logic' thing. Seems to escape most people nowadays.

I don't think it's a logic issue. If someone spits on you, I'd wager it's pretty hard to contain the emotional reactions that follow, and maybe the physical ones as well. I've never been spit on, so I'm not speaking from experience, though.

jaxbusa

Established Member
Would it change anyone’s mind if the kid knowingly had AIDS and a bloody mouth before spitting?

Also, if my child spat on a health care worker, I’d be too embarrassed to do an interview because I know I failed as a parent.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Are you ****ing kidding me?

He spit, so you go all Floyd Mayweather on him?

Kid gonna get paid, and she deserves a long jail sentence.

Only in Atlanta.

EMT seen on video beating restrained 17-year-old boy
The officer in this situation is correct. In the field of first responders, expect anything. The child was already restrained.

I'm not going to say a butt kicking was not deserved, it just was not warranted in this scenario.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, what would you do if someone spit on you?
If you spit on me, I'm knocking your teeth out.

This situation is different because:
1. The patient is a minor.
2. The patient was fully restrained.
3. The spit assisted victim is a trained professional that has to expect stupid behavior as part of the job.

I could not be an EMT.

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't see the issue here. You spit on me, you would be leveled. Who knows what diseases you have and i wouldn't play games with some stranger who does something like that.

Give him a vicious talking-to.

Good thing you're not an EMT, or you'd be facing charges.

As @Revvv said, this is literally part of the job. Ask any EMT friends you have, I've got 4, and 3 of them have been spit on more than once. The last one just got certified last year.

Its part of the job. Its like complaining about working with shit, when you work as a plumber.

First responders will deal with bodily fluids, and the scum of the earth. Its a fact. They should know this going into the job........

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I don't think it's a logic issue. If someone spits on you, I'd wager it's pretty hard to contain the emotional reactions that follow, and maybe the physical ones as well. I've never been spit on, so I'm not speaking from experience, though.

I've been spit on dead between the eyes. I blacked tf out and I'll leave it at that.

To me, spitting on me is probably the most disrespectful thing you can do to me. I'd rather you punch me cause you're getting the same reaction either way.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
@Revvv and @Zemedici

Spot on responses.

When I ran EMT calls for my FD I dealt with all kinds of bodily fluids. It's part of the job, that's what you're trained to deal with and given PPE for. You have to have a certain level of compassion and understanding whilst doing the job. You're interacting with people at their worst and you never know the state of mind someone is in.

Machdup1

Established Member
Absolutely, but spit =/= assault

Legally, intentionally spitting on another person is simple criminal assault.

I believe it became so during the AIDS crisis, IIRC.

Not worth the risk of imprisonment for beating someone's ass for the offense, especially someone who is restrained. Just throw the hood on the person and cart them off to jail.

However, in a perfect world, that level of disrespect would result in a quick tazing.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Legally, intentionally spitting on another person is simple criminal assault.

I believe it became so during the AIDS crisis, IIRC.

Not worth the risk of imprisonment for beating someone's ass for the offense, especially someone who is restrained. Just throw the hood on the person and cart them off to jail.

However, in a perfect world, that level of disrespect would result in a quick tazing.
I'm all for tazing people. I don't like to be taxed, but it is entertaining when you taze someone else.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
As a professional, her response should have been to let the law handle it. THAT is the repercussion. Not "go Mayweather" on someone who's completely restrained. What she did is absolutely assault and battery and should be punished as such.

or just waited till the ambulance drove off....out of sight

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
It comes with the job.
No, it doesn't. The fact that you would even say something like that is absurd.
I don' remember seeing "being spit on"in my job description. If it was, a lot of people would be unable to afford anything healthcare related.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
As a professional, her response should have been to let the law handle it. THAT is the repercussion. Not "go Mayweather" on someone who's completely restrained. What she did is absolutely assault and battery and should be punished as such.
I was "in fear for my life." Dont know if the kid has Hepatitis, HIV or worse.

Zemedici

Established Member
No, it doesn't. The fact that you would even say something like that is absurd.
I don' remember seeing "being spit on"in my job description. If it was, a lot of people would be unable to afford anything healthcare related.

So someone spits on you and you’re going to go postal on them. Got it.

Your job description didn’t say ‘may come into contact with bodily fluids’?

Who do you rescue, zombies?

You guys can argue til you’re blue in the face. She was in the wrong and that’s why she got some shiny bracelets and a quick trip to the front of the unemployment line. Truths in the pudding.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
So someone spits on you and you’re going to go postal on them. Got it.
Never said "postal"...read my first post...#4 in this thread I think.
Oops...sorry your face hit the wall with that hood over your face....
Either that or I would refuse treatment of said individual.

Zemedici

Established Member
Never said "postal"...read my first post...#4 in this thread I think.
Oops...sorry your face hit the wall with that hood over your face....
Either that or I would refuse treatment of said individual.

I feel like I'm speaking Greek and you only understand French.

So lets start from the top.

Your job description mentions NOTHING about coming into contact with bodily fluids?

Simple Yes / No answers will suffice.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel like I'm speaking Greek and you only understand French.

So lets start from the top.

Your job description mentions NOTHING about coming into contact with bodily

Simple Yes / No answers will suffice.
It does mention blood/ body fluids. It does not say anything about assault.
Since you like simple....a RN/EMT/Physician has the right to refuse treatment to a patient if they are concerned about possible bodily injury.
Just cause you feel you know how healthcare works cause "you have friends" doesnt mean you know anything about how it works.
Administration works on a different set of rules but if they want to keep their staff (shortages) they are very aggressive at staff retention.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh, I forgot to make it simple for you, my bad.
You piss off your staff...no one to keep the hospital open.

Users who are viewing this thread