Isnt it fun when....

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
You get to take someone out for a ride that hasnt had much seat time in fast cars? I brought the cobra to work today for one of the first times since i had the whipple installed.

Took a buddy out to lunch and he was busy looking for the Oh-Sh*t handle when i did a 2nd gear punch from 30-35mph and left a cloud of smoke and feathered it fishtailing up to the top of the gear. (you can tell i didnt pay much attention to the speedo.. tach is where its at!)

I got new tires going on tonight so its a little easier to blow the bald ones off, but still.

He rode in it before it went to the shop (a year ago), and thought it was fast back then... but now he calls it "Just sick!"

Gotta love the 03/04! Terminator Cobras FTMFW!:rockon:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Couldn't agree more. All my family/friends say, "You are making your car even faster?"
I took my neighbor out for a spin the other day and did a few 40 Roll punches and, he was like, "*** Damn, this thing is unreal. It pulls so hard!"
I couldn't stop smiling as this was a huge compliment as he has had every car in the book from a StingRay to a Shelby GT500 and said he never experienced something like that.

Terminated03

Established Member
I have a line of people at work waiting for a ride. I think I enjoy seeing their reaction as much as they enjoy the ride. Too bad I notice that the car is slower because I'm hauling them around.

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
LOL i took my dad out for the first time and all he did was "chuckle chuckle ok ok chuckle" and repeat. my mom, "ok thats enough gaspgasp ok i said thats enough"

03snakeminated

Established Member
Lol, that's an encouraging compliment (been there done that), reminds me of this vid, ck'it out
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa6_mO3NAO8"]YouTube- HPF turbo M3 dads first reactions[/nomedia]

divided

Established Member
I miss that part for sure. I loved taking people for rides who had no idea what a fast car feels like.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
hahaha, yea those occassions are all great! Im not sure what he would have enjoyed more.. the bald tires just smokin with each touch of the throttle or the new drags i got on this evening that even threw my head back cause i didnt expect it. lol

wjk

Established Member
Thats how it was for me when my buddy took me for a ride in his 750rwhp 5.0! I just couldn't how fast it was! The fastest thing I had been in previously was probably a 2006 stock GT. All I can say is WOW!

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I have a line of people at work waiting for a ride. I think I enjoy seeing their reaction as much as they enjoy the ride. Too bad I notice that the car is slower because I'm hauling them around.

I can agree with this. I gave a 250lb friend a ride last week and I could notice the difference..plus I was on a full tank. Oh well he still liked it.

Ironhand

Banned
I did that twice. Once the blower was ported with the lower then again once the spray went on. I went though 2 bottles of N20 just giving people rides..

I had a blast though and cant wait to get a new Cobra to do it all over again

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yup,so true.Took a bud for a ride and did a 2nd gear pull on one off the on ramps of I-75,he was screaming like a bitch,and i think he put indent in the dash he was grasping it so tight.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
These cars are great. Its like what happened to me last Saturday coming back from a car show. A big C2500 cut me off about 5 miles form the house. I mean close enough for my wife to gasp and hold on. Well the truck takes off. So I give him a little distance and get on it. Right up behind him in a flash. Well he proceeds to speed up. During this time and guy in a Nissan Titan decides to ride my butt. I said what in the world does he think he is trying to do. Well downshift to 4th and nail it. Went from 60 to 100+. I got over in the right lane and I see the guy slowly coming up as fast as he can and gets in behind me. I said enough of this about a mile later. I downshifted and took off again until my exit came up. My daughter is like WOW dad lets do that again. I then had to explain that you only did that to get some where safe when idiots attack. But it is great to have enough power to just run away from people.

Black Sex

Established Member
I took a buddy for a little ride for the 1st time since installing the whipple and 4.10's. The last time he rode in it, it was stock with a catback and CAI. I droped it in 3rd @ 50 and set the car sideways, fishtailing all the way to the top of 3rd, then went to the top of 4th. He had a death grip on the door, his left hand was pushed hard into the roof, and his feet pushed into the floor. He said a few choice words when the car was sideways at about 80. All this time I had grin from ear to ear......classic

04svtsnke

Established Member
yeah i had an experience with my friend like that and he got sick. i havent even gotten tuned for the spray yet, i can only imagine.....

Users who are viewing this thread