Issue with new neighbor

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
So about the neighbors- I'm guessing their mid to late twenties. The dude is a hipster twat with a man bun and his wife has acid green hair. So I feel like trying to talk with them will be pointless.

But I have spoke with him once or twice. Around Christmas time one of thier dad's knocked on my door late on a Friday and said their heat wasn't working and wanted to know if I'd look at it. I fixed it and refused payment and said I only wanted a handshake.

The dog is a great Pyrenees I'm guessing. It's a great big ass white dog that weighs 110 pounds I'd say. And it has a bark that big too. It is only out when they are home from what I can tell. They let it out between 5 and 6 in the afternoon and bring it in between 10 and 11 at night through the week. On the weekends it's pretty much outside from morning until midnight or so. I can't believe it's barking doesn't bother them. I can't believe they don't bring it in. We have a little Boston terrier (I think). It's never outside longer than fifteen minutes and if I hear it barking I bring it in and tell it how stupid it is and how I wanted a pitbull and how much I don't like it.

I'm torn between confronting them and just filing complaints. I don't want to have tension between us to where we stare each other down every time we see each other.

I'd feel like a ****face calling the police to complain about a dog barking but it's either that or poison it which I'm awful close to doing.

I live outside the city limits so I don't know if the county has a timeframe where noise ordinances are enforced. It's a pretty small town and I'm afraid they're going to tell me to pound sand.

Their grandparents used to be my neighbors until the man passed away and they moved in. I had no idea how nice it was to have elderly neighbors.

Sorry for the novel. Tried to answer everyone in one post instead of having a bunch of quotes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I've got two similar breed dogs. They're working dogs and believe anything in view is their turf. Mine don't bark at everything, but they do alert me to anyone that drives by or comes into the driveway. Good luck.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I was referring to calling the LEO / animal control / police…..
You good, fam?

Who got the brain damage? LOL
Glad you cleared that up.

backpedal-dog.gif

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
As I mentioned, talk to the neighbors first. Besides, first thing animal control/police are going to ask is, "Did you talk to them about this issue?"

That'll give you credibility to start with and in the long run.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Calling the police is bitch shit.

Talk to him like a man

if that fails go on a ninja mission and plant a couple of these near his yard

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

jessie_sanders

Established Member
This quote hits really really really hard.

I have this relationship with all 4 of my wifes indoor cats, and all 15-30 (depending on season) outdoor ones.

Does your wife yell at you when you tell it that you want it to dig itself a hole and bury itself in it?
Dude. Holy shit balls that's a lot of ****ing cats.

As much as I hate to admit it I didn't like the dog at first but now he'll leave her to follow me around or harass me to lay under the blanket with me. I still don't like the bug eyed little bastard though. I'll never admit to liking it. She gets pissed when I tell him to go direct traffic or when he's barking during a thunderstorm and I'm yelling **** you lightning

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Dude. Holy shit balls that's a lot of ****ing cats.

As much as I hate to admit it I didn't like the dog at first but now he'll leave her to follow me around or harass me to lay under the blanket with me. I still don't like the bug eyed little bastard though. I'll never admit to liking it. She gets pissed when I tell him to go direct traffic or when he's barking during a thunderstorm and I'm yelling **** you lightning

I’ve never used the phrase “go direct traffic”, but it’s now saved in my file for expressing displeasure with something living’s existence in my life.

Thank you.

snakecharmer

Established Member
They should be given the opportunity to address the problem, but in turn it should be firmly made clear to them that you DO expect it to be resolved. Had to do this once many years ago, and it was resolved quickly.

Reaper14

Established Member
take video / pics and report his ass.
I would if he wasn't a LEO. They would probably start pulling me over in my mustang at random & harassing me. The week they moved in, my other neighbor came over to talk to me. Cool old man in his 70s or 80s. He claimed he was sitting outside on his deck & 2 police cruisers showed up around 3 am & went through all my outside cars running the tags on all of them. Probably his buddies trying to see whom he moved in next to. As much as I would happily go & talk to him about his dogs if he was an ordinary citizen, I know better than to mess with cops.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
**** dude.....my neighbors (renters), decided to do dog boarding out of their 2 car garage using the Rover App etc.
My wife approached her and that worked.

Told my wife, if I talk to them the convo gonna start like this, "Hey, I don't remember buying a house next to a Humane Society."

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would if he wasn't a LEO. They would probably start pulling me over in my mustang at random & harassing me. The week they moved in, my other neighbor came over to talk to me. Cool old man in his 70s or 80s. He claimed he was sitting outside on his deck & 2 police cruisers showed up around 3 am & went through all my outside cars running the tags on all of them. Probably his buddies trying to see whom he moved in next to. As much as I would happily go & talk to him about his dogs if he was an ordinary citizen, I know better than to mess with cops.

I understand. It could definitely be a mess. I dont blame you for being cautious. id personally go talk to him and have him prove himself a shit bag….. id just be real cautious and record all interactions.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
This is a horrible situation, I have been faced with similar, and also helped others.

Here is what I learned, human nature is that people are defensive, so it's all about how you handle the first encounter. If he is LEO, he has no fear of sound complaints or any other nonsense. So, try to reason with him, man to man, and explain how it's impacting you, etc etc.

If you do your best to have a conversation and he does not listen, then look up your noise ordinance for the city or county. Normally they have something on the books, this is important because you need something to lean on to stop the noise. Call the city or county code enforcement, but it's key to try and build a relationship with the code enforcement officer, if you do, they are more willing to help. Hopefully they will issue a warning, or a citation and that's as far as it goes.

Worst case, after all other paths have failed, bite the bullett and hire a lawyer. It's key to make sure you take all steps possible to try to resolve in a non legal manner and document everything. Your lawyer can send a demand letter, and then finally file suit if necessary. I personally had to do this once before, and it worked itself out, but it took me hiring an attorney to resolve the issue.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I understand. It could definitely be a mess. I dont blame you for being cautious. id personally go talk to him and have him prove himself a shit bag….. id just be real cautious and record all interactions. Document and build a case so you may bring it higher up the chain of command. Sucks but good luck!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
In my experience, these sorts of people don't typically reason worth a damn and that's what creates these situations in the first place. But if you want to try, go for it. Once you've spoken with him, it doesn't work and you're now left with the same barking dog AND a newfound animosity going both directions, you can try something like we did as kids. My buddy across the street and I would put our amps in the windows and point them into his backyard and play for the neighbors. If you start tearing off Kirk Hammett solos at 3am, your point will get made. QUICKLY. Even if they like Metallica. Fight fire with fire. (Pun intended)

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Its so comical to me when people Call the Law while Breaking it. LOL. Thats some two faced Bitch shit right there.

Statue 7655666764323.4433 subsection who gives a ****: It is illegal as **** to feed a dog meat/food known to make it shit all over the place.

Me: your honor, I had no idea meat was bad. I was just trying to make friends with this **** dog to get it to shut the **** up.

Users who are viewing this thread