Issues with Samsung?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Holy crap! Is it really only 26.5 cu? It looks pretty damn big for only being 26.5

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...black-stainless-steel/5119009.p?skuId=5119009

This is the one I got, it was on sale at the time for $1,800 4-5 months ago and they dropped it down another $300 for delivering issues. Almost 1k off the original price. No big complaints other than the slow ice maker and very small tray. Also got it in stainless black, huge investment for kids.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I never thought Bosch electronics were any good before. I own a Bosch dryer and a washer and been great. Drys up very fast and clothes are never left too wet from the washer.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Is it a side by side? Price and description sounds like it's the one I bought in August. The third door for drinks is awesome.

Never had any issues with my phones, but my Samsung soundbar died at about two years.
Yeah pretty sure that is the one we have. Side by side showcase fridge

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone I know with a Samsung fridge has had it go out at least once. I've never heard anything good about them.

That said, our TV is a Samsung plasma from 2008/2009 era. Have never had a single issue with it. We are looking to replace it sometime soon, probably going to go with another Samsung from Costco. At least if it craps out I can go through Costco rather than dealing with Samsung directly.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
That's the route we went as well. We bought the 800 series @40 db because we wanted a very quite unit. You can pretty much be standing next to it and not know it's running. Expensive but worth it to us.

I believe this is the one we bought:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bosch-8...asher-stainless-steel/3511708.p?skuId=3511708

Yeah, they are so stupid quiet it puts a red light onto the floor when running just so ya know. I pulled a perfectly fine Kenmore out of our new house the week we moved in for a Bosch. Just way better.

Edit:. I did just replace a 10 year old Sony SXRD tv with a Samsung ks8000. I never would have strayed from Sony but their equivalent TV has major issues with firmware causing bad response time in 4k/hdr mode, and it doesn't seem like a fix is likely. No problems so far with the ks8000. I do know both the Samsung tablets I had got real slow after about a year, and one will reset any time the battery is under about 25 percent.

Last edited:

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Damm! I finally get a new smart tv and pick Samsung. No issues yet but you guys are scaring me.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Damm! I finally get a new smart tv and pick Samsung. No issues yet but you guys are scaring me.

Don't be scared. Samsung has had some issues with certain panels and circuit boards on their TV's for over 10 years now. I own 7 Samsung LCD/LED Smart TV's from the last 10 years or so including a 65, 60, 2-55's, 2-46's and a 32. I have had zero issues with any of them. The 65 and the 60 inch are most recent in the last 5 years and have been great. I have learned much over at the AVS forum about all Samsung TV panels and which ones to stay away from. Plus if you think its just Samsung having issues with their TV's go over to AVS and you will see that all the manufacturers have some issues with their TV's. Its not just Samsung. Its just like buying a new car. Most of the time you get great ones but there will always be lemons in the bunch. I have been lucky so far.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That said, our TV is a Samsung plasma from 2008/2009 era. Have never had a single issue with it. We are looking to replace it sometime soon, probably going to go with another Samsung from Costco. At least if it craps out I can go through Costco rather than dealing with Samsung directly.

Costco will only accept returns up to 90 days from purchase. After that, you have to deal with Samsung.

EDIT: You can, of course, pay for an extended warranty through Costco. And from what I read, their service is above average.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well damn it anyways! Looking to replace a fridge in the near future and my wife saw a Samsung that she likes, hmm.
And this is why it saddens me that we don't make appliances, TVs, etc. in the United States any longer.

Black2010

Established Member

I wouldn't be. Replace this company with nearly any other electronics vendor for TV's, Fridge, dishwasher, etc and you'll get the same responses.

With a few exceptions, the quality of products are getting worse across the board.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone I know with a Samsung fridge has had it go out at least once. I've never heard anything good about them.

make sure you look at the specs on those, thats where I bought my Vizio and the Samsungs there were already obsolete (maybe not all but the ones I looked at). I dont care about 4k content right now but I tend to keep my stuff until it dies so I might later, same with the ultra high def stuff

Costco will only accept returns up to 90 days from purchase. After that, you have to deal with Samsung.

EDIT: You can, of course, pay for an extended warranty through Costco. And from what I read, their service is above average.

they all come with costco 2 year concierge service now standard. My roommate used them and they were great (that was 2-3 years ago)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's the route we went as well. We bought the 800 series @40 db because we wanted a very quite unit. You can pretty much be standing next to it and not know it's running. Expensive but worth it to us.
We bought a Bosch dishwasher (same series for the same reason) and I like it a lot. Only minor downside to Bosch is that they use hot air instead of a heating coil to dry the dishes, so unless you use a liquid additive, you get some wet glasses and dishes. Using the additive, we only usually get 2 or 3 wet glasses/dishes. Not a big deal, although some dislike Bosch's drying system. It's a great brand and their products are top notch IMO. And our dishwasher is really so quiet you don't even know it's on. No exaggeration!

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
We bought a Samsung washer and dryer from Lowes in 2012. Bought the extended warranty for both. We have had service on the damn washer Eight separate times. Then they have a recall on it saying that lids were exploding off. So the last time I called for service I couldn't get it fixed until the recall was done. Samsung was generous enough to offer me $40 towards a new washer if I decided not to do the recall o_O. I did the recall and will keep the washer until the first time it breaks out of warranty. Won't be buying another Samsung washer.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I was thinking about buying a samsung washer and dryer...

Not one of the expensive ones, but the exchange on base had a decent price on what appeared to be a decent set...

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Actually Whirlpool has a large plant in Ohio where they manufacture appliances.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

^^^This. Most all of my appliances are Whirlpool. They have been very reliable. The Stainless/Black fridge is about 10 years old and no issues. Have a dryer and washing machine about that age and they have been workhorses. I do have a Frigidaire electric convection range oven and it has not been great. Two of the 5 elements have burned out recently and need to be replaced. Thankfully they are easy to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread