It was a madhouse at the gun store today.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Where as it isn't gonna be as drastic or as fast as people think it is I bought a nice Remington 870 police edition to go along with my Cavalry Arms AR15 and 9mm Glock. I planned to get a good shotgun anyhow. Still waiting for someone to break in:bored:-Shane

I'm planning on buying an 870 Tactical soon, mind if I ask where you got yours and how much you paid?

hb712

Established Member
I went in yesterday to look at an AR15 and an AK47, the owner told me that all the distributors are out of assault rifles. Apparently, what you see is what you get right now. I left, came back an hour later and, he had already sold the AK I was looking at. I now have a new AR and a nicer new AK sitting in my house.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
My brother owns armsofamerica.com (online gun company) and hes seen about $200,000 worth of sales since tuesday. That is what he does in a few months normally. Its insane for him.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Last week I spent 1500.00 on two firearms (glock 22 (0.40cal) and a Bersa .380) and a home defense shotgun (remington), and lots of ammo. I dont know about everyone here, but I just dont have a good feeling about things. I think the first few years may show things to be looking up, but this will not end as nicely.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I may be landing a vector arms full auto mini uzi in the near future......:rockon:

Hey dude. Did you hear anythin about vector arms gettin out of the uzi bussiness? I needed to get a small part for my imi from them and I read something about it on uzitalk.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Luckily I've got friends with plenty of ARs and handguns but I'd really like to get some of my own. I need to find a way to make more money!

03DOHC

Established Member
wish I would have copied the link but the other day the little news clips when you get on yahoo said that since obama got elected it has caused a gun buying freenzy.
Here's one. ABC news. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=10583887&ch=4226720&src=news

wish I had the cash to pick up a couple of firearms. been meaning to buy a pistol for a long time. then eventually shotgun and probably ar-15.
Good luck. The vid says there are no ar-15 and ak-47's available anywhere. They've sold out coast to coast.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Monday my 870 tactical should be in, I'm also having the gunsmith equip it with a pressure light, red dot scope, telescoping shoulder stock with pistol grip and spare shell holder which bolts onto the gun stock.

I recently purchased a Remington 700 7mm magnum with a 9x scope. I didn't like the wood grain stock so I had the gunsmith order a black composite stock with a thumb hole and a bi-pod. This gun is leathal at 400-500 yards, If you can hit your target.

My next purchase is going to be a Remington 1100 tactical with all the works. I had no idea those Remington 1100's could hold 9 shells, pretty impressive.

With the advent of all these new guns I figured I better purchase a locking gun cabinet too. I didn't want to drop $600 bucks on a safe, I was able to find a nice locking metal cabinet with a 16 long gun capacity with double doors made by Stack-On for $300.

My final purchase before B.O. is put into the White House will be some variant of an AR-15 or AK, haven't made up my mind yet.

By the way, the gun shops here in Maryland are selling out of everything as well.:uh oh:

Have a nice day.:)

Last edited:

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
just one more reason to buy my guns online and have them shipped to my ffl here in town. Damn reminds me I need to pick up another AR and an 870 so many guns too little money

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Here's a good site to buy for those of you looking for good pricing online.

www.budsgunshop.com
Do NOT NOT NOT buy from buds they have arbitrarilly raised prices on November 5th

There's still a a lot of good vendors available that aren't out to rape the customer. ARFCOM has a listing of them.
Here is a link to the Arfcom list for those wanting it http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=783339
Here's one. ABC news. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=10583887&ch=4226720&src=news
Good luck. The vid says there are no ar-15 and ak-47's available anywhere. They've sold out coast to coast.
The vid is wrong, there are still quite a few to go around, just not in local stores, you just have to find an FFL in your area to do the transfer, Magul P-Mags are another story all together backordered almost everywhere.
the value of my gun collection just went from $60,000 to $100,000 in the last month......
been picking up some NFA Items have we? :) post pics or uhhhh else

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I went to a national gun store today and about died. Went looking for a shotgun $1,200.00 + and the one I had my eye on until I saw the price was $1,699.00 marked down from $2,099.00. Almost all of them were that way. Then my wife and I both went to the counter to buy us each one and the guy says 2 picture id's with address. I said here is my CCL and my DL. He said not good enough. Said both had to be government issued with pictures and street addresses, no post office boxes. Well my DL is 4 years old and they did not require street addresses then. Nor do they now.
I said how in the heck am I supposed to do that. He said there was also a 72 hour waiting period from the time the background check was approved and I paid for it until I could pick it up. I said that was alright considering I had just drove 80 miles one way. BUT then he told me about the id so I told my wife to come on they did not need my business that bad. People were walking out of that store with crap loads of guns. I could not believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread