It's about time !

Izzy51o

Established Member
So I ordered some goodies for my 04 cobra red fire about two months ago and I was patient to get everything set to get it installed and have it dyno out, parts on the car are

*jlt high boost intake
*camber / caster plates
*subframe connectors
*IRS diff brace
*17x10.5 with 315's
*h&r springs
*MGW shifter
*KB boost a pump

whats being installed

*2.9 whipple
*accufabe single blade throttle body
*BA3000
*ID1000 injectors
*dyno after :) ( goal is to run a safe tune )

*** goal later when I save up is to run a return less fuel system from lethal performance when I get the funds
*** and yes I'm in the process in saving up for a rxt clutch as well

After waiting a month to get the parts together I called up borelli motor sports here in California to have them install the new parts and they set me up a appointment for July 14 which is today, so I dropped my baby off, and yes I wanted AED to do the work but with my crazy work hours being a welder at tesla is hard to get a day off, with this setup what numbers am I going to see ? BTW this car is only a weekend warrior not my daily.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
You gonna switch to E85 down the road? those injectors are way big for the lack of pumps...but hey better to be overbuilt then underbuilt lol. With just a BAP I'd say your limited to 600rwhp on 93...maybe 620-640 depending on the dyno....a lot of money invested there to be relying on a BAP.

Zemedici

Established Member
nice build

I woulda went with 60s or 80s and spend the money saved from the expensive ID1000s for a nice aeromotive 340 or something.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Strange combo. You'll likely run out of pump. But as long as you have a big pulley for the 2.9 to keep the boost down it should work. Not sure what it will put down. Somewhere between 550-600, but no guess beyond that.

Izzy51o

Established Member
Well when I called both AED and Borelli they both recommended the ID1000 they said it's the easiest to use to tune the vehicle, and later my goal is to run E85 with the dual 465 pumps from lethal performance.... Also I'm using 91 octane cause that what's mostly around but hey this is just the beginning of the build so give me slack lol

Tractionless1

Established Member
Well when I called both AED and Borelli they both recommended the ID1000 they said it's the easiest to use to tune the vehicle, and later my goal is to run E85 with the dual 465 pumps from lethal performance.... Also I'm using 91 octane cause that what's mostly around but hey this is just the beginning of the build so give me slack lol

It's not about giving you slack, it's about saving you $$ on s*it you don't need! What say does AED and Borelli have in your car? Did they sell you the injectors? There's E85 return Cobra's in the mid 9's on 80's that are daily drivers. I currently have a "get it on the trailer to get to the dyno" E85 tune in my return E85'd with 80's that drives like OE.

Return or sell the ID's and get a $350 set of used 80's, send to http://www.proflowtech.com and have tested for $8/ea. and run with it.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
Good mods and good plan. Keep the ID1000's and run them, they are some of the best you can buy. When you make the switch to e85 you will be fine.

Izzy51o

Established Member
Got my car back already made 587 hp and 489 tq

Here the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrShIY5OdV4&feature=youtu.be

Users who are viewing this thread