Its Official--2013 Shelby On Order!

Marc

Established Member
First off, thanks to Farmboy90 for hooking me up on a great lead! I tried more than 20 dealers and couldn't get one at MSRP. People said it couldn't be done, but I am here to tell you, it can. :rockon: I had to go out of state to Kansas to get the car, but for a $400 "Courtesy Delivery Fee", it will be delivered right to my local dealer here in Utah. Much cheaper than me flying there and driving back 20 hours. Matter of fact, my buddy that works at the Ford Dealership here will personally take delivery of the car for me and get it prepped.

Dealer called and confirmed my order and build date.

Car will be built the week of 10 September. Now, I am not holding my breath on this as a lot of orders have got bumped back.

Delivery would be in October sometime. This is good news since I just found out there is a good chance I will be deploying to Germany in November. Still waiting for the specifics and confirmation on that one.

I should get the Vin # next week and should be able to track the car from there. We will do all the paperwork next week with me sending him a deposit.
Here are the Specs:

Grabber Blue with Black Stripes
Performance Package
Electronics Package

Can't wait! At least I got a allocation after trying for months to find one. :) :banana:

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A September 10 build will take place within the week of the 10th..

Best case scenario, it would be built that week. What will probably happen is it will get pushed back a week. I think looking for an October delivery date may be a little on the premature side. I wouldn't expect it any sooner than the middle to end of November.

I HOPE I'm wrong and your car gets built on the 10th and delivered the beginning of September.

farmboy90

Established Member
Marc, awesome dude!! Congrats!!

By the way, I sent you a couple leads. One was for an unused allocation. Can I assume that is still available? (since it sounds like you took over the existing order that I sent you).

Let me know, because I can then post the details of the other allocation that is available. Maybe I can help someone else. :)

Marc

Established Member
A September 10 build will take place within the week of the 10th..

Best case scenario, it would be built that week. What will probably happen is it will get pushed back a week. I think looking for an October delivery date may be a little on the premature side. I wouldn't expect it any sooner than the middle to end of November.

I HOPE I'm wrong and your car gets built on the 10th and delivered the beginning of September.

Yea, I hear you. I know how that goes. I just hope it is delivered before I deploy to Germany which will be in November from what I am hearing right now.

Marc

Established Member
Marc, awesome dude!! Congrats!!

By the way, I sent you a couple leads. One was for an unused allocation. Can I assume that is still available? (since it sounds like you took over the existing order that I sent you).

Let me know, because I can then post the details of the other allocation that is available. Maybe I can help someone else. :)

Yes, I took over the existing "superman car" and had it changed to my specs. So, there probably is another allocation out there, but you would have to check with Randy to firm that up.

farmboy90

Established Member
Yes, I took over the existing "superman car" and had it changed to my specs. So, there probably is another allocation out there, but you would have to check with Randy to firm that up.

Cool, I'll confirm and then post those details for folks. A couple people have PM'ed me wanting to place an order, so hopefully this will help one of them.

reason4treason

Established Member
always glad to hear when someone can find an allocation, especially 'cause that's more and more becoming quite a chore to accomplish

congrats and i hope your timing goes easy

farmboy90

Established Member
Some good news I just found out, I won't deploy now. So, I should be here to accept delivery. :)

You are one lucky dude. :beer:

By the way, my estimate for your car being delivered is October 9th. You heard it here first. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread