I've been RIPPED OFF! Don't you be fooled too!

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Bad business. Sorta like when you call them to order parts and they dont tell you that 1 of them is on back order and ship a partial order. Problem is you cant install the rest of the parts without that 1 piece.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
a lawsuit pending?:fm:

x2 man id really stick it to their ass. i looked at theirs first before i came to your site and ended up ordering one from you. im really really really glad i did.

i got your email and thanks for the great customer service. if i somehow happen to get both of them i will send one back. ive got a stamp waiting.

please for your sake nail them on this do not let it slide

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
thats crazy, mark at LFP is a great guy to deal with, i would never think they would do something like this. I would wait to here back from them, mark will have a good answer. No disrepect to you Ray.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Ray, this really sucks when these things happen, but it seems to be very prolific in the Mustang community - just look at UPR! I'm surprised they weren't the first to copy it! Anyway, it's a shame when nice people like yourself, just trying to make a few sheckles for coming up with a unique product get so blatantly ripped off!:cuss: I remember a year, or so ago I was having issues with my boost gauge (which the previous owner installed), and you were kind enough to mail me the full instructions, so that I could re-calibrate it, and I wasn't even a direct customer of yours! LFP should be really ashamed of themselves!:bash:

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
i dont believe you sent me a Boost Overlay so i can check them out.....lol....
JUST KIDDING.....damn man that sucks and thanks for lettin us know

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Ray, this really sucks when these things happen, but it seems to be very prolific in the Mustang community - just look at UPR! I'm surprised they weren't the first to copy it! Anyway, it's a shame when nice people like yourself, just trying to make a few sheckles for coming up with a unique product get so blatantly ripped off!:cuss: I remember a year, or so ago I was having issues with my boost gauge (which the previous owner installed), and you were kind enough to mail me the full instructions, so that I could re-calibrate it, and I wasn't even a direct customer of yours! LFP should be really ashamed of themselves!:bash:

UPR = Unauthorized Product Reproduction

Ray is one of the good guys! :beer:

Last edited:

convert03cobra

Established Member
That is some shaddy she oit right there! Hopefully LFP will man up and make a formal appology. I'm really sorry to hear about this!

JymBart

Established Member
LFP Not For Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray, what a bummer!! LFP has been ripping off designs for years. I'd never buy anything from Mark at LFP. He's not a honest person, ........ lied to me many years ago when I first got my Cobra and wanted a heat exchanger with fans. After buying one, I was told by Mark I'd get the fans within a few months. That was 7 years ago, and I'm betting his "fans" where gonna be a some "Gords Ford" rip off. Never got the fans or any answer from Mark.

Glad this is out in the open, ................ hope you're in a positions to take them to court.

JymBart

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Sorry to hear that Ray, though not suprised. Heard several negative things about them. Ordered mine straight off your site years ago.

The 03/04 Cobras need to be renamed from "Terminator" to "Drama Magnet." Between ported blowers and now this..... feels like I'm back in high school.....

Yeah this has no legit ground, just simple drama. :rollseyes:

Bad business. Sorta like when you call them to order parts and they dont tell you that 1 of them is on back order and ship a partial order. Problem is you cant install the rest of the parts without that 1 piece.

Same thing happened to a local buddy. Ordered a ton of parts through them and was shipped a completely different MAF, one they didn't even have on their site. When he called to complain he was told to be happy as the one he was shipped was better anyway. After insisting he get the one he ordered as his tuner preferred that MAF for his setup they wanted to charge him a restocking fee!!! It took him telling them he shipped it back immediately and let them know he expects the MAF he ordered with no additional costs or he'll just have his credit card company charge back the whole order.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
What aboutthe "LFP lower". That is really a metco replica and did the same thing with the instructions.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah this has no legit ground, just simple drama. :rollseyes:

I wasn't referring to this post being drama, but the fact that someone is making a faux product while blatantly ripping off the real deal and advertising it as such.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately to patent a product there has to be some kind of unique technology involved... a good idea is not enough. LFP has done nothing wrong other than using Ray's pics to represent their product :nonono: But there is nothing stopping a competitor from copying (or attempting to copy) your products.

Ultimately you guys decide whose products succeed by purchasing them ;-)

bubblehead93

Established Member
What aboutthe "LFP lower". That is really a metco replica and did the same thing with the instructions.

I would say it is more than a METCO replica, I ordered one and the idler bracket actually says METCO on it. It looks like it was simply repackaged. That being said I have had good service from them to date, they are cheaper than the competition on many items. However, nothing has happened with regards to an order which has tested their customer service either.

While I agree this is drama and that legally there is little to be done, I would also say there is often little connection between what is legal and what is right or fair. What LFP did in regards to the overlay is wrong and I'm done with them.

:bash:

quikcobra

Established Member
Copy and paste this on all the forums (modular fords, ect....) pass it around and shut them down. It would be great for you to also show a side by side of theirs and yours to show their bad copy.

It would be different if they offered you an amount of $$$ for the design.

slow98cobra

Established Member
I actually had one of their boost overlays on my last cobra, and you are exactly right about the font. It didn't match worth a crap and I actually thought it was your design. Plus their pulley hub was incorrect and it took forever to get that straightened out. I left several messages and no one would return my call. Finally, after consistent calling I got someone on the phone and got it straightened out after 5 weeks. Sorry about the luck, but I won't buy anything from them again.:(

Users who are viewing this thread