I've been RIPPED OFF! Don't you be fooled too!

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
LFP has sucked salty balls for years and frankly, I can't believe they're still in business.

I've had one or Ray's overlays since he first started doing them. Easy install and still looks perfect like the day it was installed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ray, it was great talking to you on the phone. I definitely recommend that you post a photo (if possible) of the actual LFP overlay next to yours. The people need to see visually what the differences are. Can you do it?

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks Bob. I appreciate the support. I have not been able to upload a pic to this site before. However I've had others do it for me on occasion. I'm in the process of trying to get that figured out and I will make every attempt to do so soon.
Again thanks to all who have shown a sign of support on this matter.

Ray H.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
thats crazy, mark at LFP is a great guy to deal with, i would never think they would do something like this. I would wait to here back from them, mark will have a good answer. No disrepect to you Ray.

Mark is probably a good guy. When it comes to ordering from LFP and so on...they're not the best. I've ordered twice from them and never will again. Shouldn't take weeks to get a response and a month to get a part in the mail.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Im done with LFP as well. about 3-4 months ago i was given a defective part...well i sent it back and they said it would be a few weeks before they could send me another part since they had to send it off to be "tested" for being defective. well i needed my car running so i couldnt wait that long..so i ordered another and sent that one back. well they were supposed to send me a check for the first one when it got back from being "tested". well 4 months later STILL NO CHECK...ive called them countless times and they keep saying ill get the check in the mail but they are obviously lieing...im done with them.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Hate to hear a great vendor is getting ripped up the back. I hope all goes well for you and they either make amends or are made to make amends. Good luck. I had always heard the saying...Don't deal with LFP. Now I know for sure not to.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I have not been able to upload a pic to this site before.
You can't upload a pic to SVTP, the pic has to be hosted already (you could use photobucket.com) and then you use the "Insert Image" button (paste the pic's address/link) to have the pic appear in your post.

I am also very interested to see what the overlays look like side by side.

Defknotzero

Established Member
Taken Directly from the LFP site.

LFP_Cobra_Overlay.jpg

lightning-overlay-installed.jpg

RAY HILTON:

cobra-overlay-installed.jpg

lightning-overlay-installed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Its hard to tell in that picture. It would be better to have them both side by side. Those pics were taken at different times and with a different camera. Need to be up close too.

I think the biggest complaint is that the directions and the hard work done by one was just "copy and paste" for a lack of better term. It seems a misrepresntation has occured because LFP's website makes it look as if you are buying the "Ray Hilton" overlay.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Its hard to tell in that picture. It would be better to have them both side by side. Those pics were taken at different times and with a different camera. Need to be up close too.
Um, no they weren't. They are the same pics, LFP basically copy and pasted Ray's pics onto their site.

sweet88gt

Established Member
Um, no they weren't. They are the same pics, LFP basically copy and pasted Ray's pics onto their site.

The shading on the pictures is different, looks as if they were taken at different times. I agree with you about the "copy and paste".

Really what I wanted to get out of the above statement is if Ray has LFP's version with the incorrect font and his version side by side it would be "the smoking gun".

sweet88gt

Established Member
<-----Ray Hilton supporter here too...since Ray first came out with the overlay.

I dont have a boost overlay but have thought about it many times.

I just think its getting to be a problem when the laziness of a few hurts the pocketbook of the hardworking many.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Unfortunately to patent a product there has to be some kind of unique technology involved... a good idea is not enough. LFP has done nothing wrong other than using Ray's pics to represent their product :nonono: But there is nothing stopping a competitor from copying (or attempting to copy) your products.

Ultimately you guys decide whose products succeed by purchasing them ;-)

yep. that's it right there. but the bad part is the blatant usage of his pictures and instructions for God's sake :nono:

i'm voting them off the island...

:lol:

no patent on the product?

patents are extraordinarily expensive to obtain. you need a patent attorney to help guide you through the hoops. OP would have to sell 10,000,000 of these things to make up for the cost of the patent. just not worth it. which is why many companies dont patent or copyright their products/designs.

wow.. this is ridiculous!

Most of us know that they are cheaper because they make a knock off product from someone else (metco, accufab, etc), but to put a direct picture of someone elses product and try to sell it as their own?

exactly. it would be different if it was authorized like their metco pulleys apparently are but that's not the case here...

i purchased one of your boost overlays when i first got my cobra. i was going to have my buddy install it but he was talking about need to have special gauges and what not to accurately check the boost level. ive since lost the damn thing :rollseyes quality product though :beer:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I've had two, never verified with another gauge and they were both as accurate as the gauge was. Skip that step.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
LFP_Cobra_Overlay.jpg
LFP
cobra-overlay-installed.jpg
HILTON

They are the same pic, just cropped and color corrected. LFP color balanced Ray's pic to correct the green/bluish hue.

Users who are viewing this thread