I've been RIPPED OFF! Don't you be fooled too!

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
yeah he wont be able to file a lawsuit. any company has fair game to designs and ideas as long as they aren't patented. its called pure competitive economics and LFP could technically copy the design exactly if they wanted to and take all the credit, but that would be just dick lol.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
LFP_Cobra_Overlay.jpg
LFP
cobra-overlay-installed.jpg
HILTON

They are the same pic, just cropped and color corrected. LFP color balanced Ray's pic to correct the green/bluish hue.

Yep, EXIF says they used Photoshop CS

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sorry to hear about this Ray.

I myself have had MY ideas and hard work copied and resold and I cringe still to this day thinking about it. So I fully understand how you feel.

The fact that people still buy from companies like this just blows me away! MY ideas and products I came up with back in 1999 are still being sold today by an unnamed vendor. No telling how much money they have made off of others hard work but it is unethical to say the least.

I am glad to have forums like this to educate people to be able to make good decisions on who to buy from.

You are a class act Ray! I can only hope people will read this and buy your product. We need more people like you in this world.

NO LFP FOR ME!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Sorry to hear about this Ray.

I myself have had MY ideas and hard work copied and resold and I cringe still to this day thinking about it. So I fully understand how you feel.

The fact that people still buy from companies like this just blows me away! MY ideas and products I came up with back in 1999 are still being sold today by an unnamed vendor. No telling how much money they have made off of others hard work but it is unethical to say the least.

I am glad to have forums like this to educate people to be able to make good decisions on who to buy from.

You are a class act Ray! I can only hope people will read this and buy your product. We need more people like you in this world.

NO LFP FOR ME!

*cough*UPR?*cough* :read:

dougwg

Established Member
LFP ripped someone else off?:dw:

But oh how could that be? :rollseyes

I wrote that guy off YEARS ago and should have wrote him off sooner along with some other vendors....Can't understand why people still buy from someone who is so dishonest.:nono:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I will attempt to upload a scan I made today with both the LFP Overlay and the Original Hilton Overlay shown side by side tomorrow morning. It is after 11:00 p.m. Michigan time as I am writing this reply and quite honestly it has been a long day. I have also had several people tell me that they would be happy to upload it for me if I am not able to do so myself. One way or another it will be on here tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
Ray H.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well I am hoping this uploaded pic will work. Here is a scan I made yesterday of the Original Hilton Overlay (left) and the LFP counterfeit (on the right) shown side by side. For those not familiar with the overlay please note these are both uninstalled so you are not seeing the numberals on the stock gauge face, the pointer needle and the plastic that surrounds the gauge when it's in your dash. Also note that this is the high Boost version. It is printed on a clear vinyl material and you place it over the stock gauge face. When the overlay is installed it works with the stock numberals to show "0" then "10" then "18" and finally "23" pounds of boost.
These are also available for '03-'04 Cobras that are making 16 pounds of boost and under. The original lower boost version of the Hilton Boost Overlay has been on the market since 2003. The version you are seeing here (the high boost version) has been on the market since 2006 as shown in the print under the overlay that says hiltongraphics 2006®.
With that being said it should be painfully obvious that LFP has shown you pics taken from my website Hilton Boost Overlay without my permission, put them on their site, and when you order them and they arrive the LFP version shown on the right is what you get. Not only are they steeling from me, they are also misrepresenting their product and taking advantge of the consumer who THINKS they are getting what is shown on the LFP site. If these were both installed it would be even more obvious that the LFP version does not match the OEM typestyle. This is a detail that I labored long and hard to duplicate and give a factory look to the final installation.

overlayscompared_small.jpg

I invite LFP to do the right thing and "man up" with a removal of my pictures on their site and their instructions and to apologize to all of us for this gross misrepresentation and fraud!

Ray Hilton

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Ill be buying from Hilton when i get my overlay! Sorry to hear about the situation. Cant believe someone would think to do that.

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
Unfortunately to patent a product there has to be some kind of unique technology involved... a good idea is not enough. LFP has done nothing wrong other than using Ray's pics to represent their product :nonono: But there is nothing stopping a competitor from copying (or attempting to copy) your products.

Ultimately you guys decide whose products succeed by purchasing them ;-)

You cannot patent an idea or thought process.

Ray could have gotten a design patent, or just a general patent since he technically "manufactures" these overlays.

Either one would have protected him from what LFP is doing.

Count me in as oe who won't be purchasing anyhing from LFP. Can't stand a ripoff artist.

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Seems pretty clear to me with the above pictures of the font used.

I think I will pull the trigger and get a Hilton overlay and help support Ray and his hard work. Besides its cheaper anyways. :rockon:
Good luck Ray hope this gets worked out to your satisfaction.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
That a shame.. I've always had good luck with LFP but this changes my mind a little. Thats not a very ethical business if they steal an idea...

Hell when LFP came out with there own single blade throttle body, I was one of the 1st to buy one and install it with my Whipple. I posted pics of there TB on here and LFP PM'ed me and asked if they could use my pics on there site. It's still on there today. They should have asked for your permission before taking your pictures.

fred50stang

Established Member
Sorry to hear about this.

I can say I bought my boost overlay directly from you, and its a awesome product. Also was nice meeting you for a brief moment at Barbers Motorsports Park earlier this year at the MCA event. I thought it was pretty neat that you took the time to introduce yourself and ask me how I liked your product.

See sig for a good pic of your overlay in action, and someday I hope to put the 23psi overlay on.

Last edited:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Do not let this thread die. I really want to hear an explanation from these pricks. Really sorry to hear about this, man.

homer302

Banned
Not changing the subject much but I thought you could fix pictures where someone couldn't just right click and copy them. Did you not do that?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I bought an original Hilton overlay, I should be putting it on soon now that I'm home and healing. I'm going to skip the calibration since no one I know has a boost gauge for me to borrow for the install. I have a feeling it will be pretty darn close as is.

I'm running a leaking LFP radiator and H/E which I have not yet had any problems with.

I'm glad to say those are the only LFP products I bought, in light of this egregious rip off! And I've bought a bunch of stuff.

Thanks for creating such a great high quality product Ray!, that does it's job while being nearly undetectable.

That's CLASS!:rockon:

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I don't feel bad that they copied the product. That's just normal business, competition can be healthy for the consumer sometimes. But they shouldn't be using anything made by you, even if it's only slightly modified. They should just fix this whole mess by taking their own pictures.

Ninesecsnake

Boost Addict
Established Member
It may not be illegal but it is piss poor business. There are many parts shops out there just don't by from LFP!!! What a bunch of F***S!

Users who are viewing this thread