I've been RIPPED OFF! Don't you be fooled too!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Not a good PR move on LFP's part. News travels like wildfire around here. Reputation is EVERYTHING!

Thanks for the "heads-up". Ray-Hilton boost overlay already installed :rockon:

pony23

Established Member
I am going to pass this on to my club. I have a Hilton Overlay and love it. I will definately help out Ray.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
ahhh LFP... the jerk off's that took four or five months to send me the LFP IC reservoir... when they told me that it would be two weeks... Precision Fab sent me a beautiful IC res that i had in my hands 4 days after i placed my order. I don't understand why this isn't enough to get them out of business... Why does everybody still deal with them? f88k me once, shame on you, f**k me twice, shame on me

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Thanks for bringing this up, a boost overlay has been on my list of things to buy. I'll hit up lethal.

Hilton overlays FTW.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
wow.. this is ridiculous!

Most of us know that they are cheaper because they make a knock off product from someone else (metco, accufab, etc), but to put a direct picture of someone elses product and try to sell it as their own?

I have never personally ordered from lfp, and probabily never will.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
The 03/04 Cobras need to be renamed from "Terminator" to "Drama Magnet." Between ported blowers and now this..... feels like I'm back in high school.....

I completely disagree with your sentiment. This is not childish high school drama. It is Business. It takes a great deal of hard work and ingenuity to create a marketable product.

Unfortunately it appears Ray didn't project himself by copyrighting his photos, and I don't know if the overlay could have been patented.

I will definitely avoid buying from them anymore after hearing this.

vickerw

Established Member
The sad thing is that they are out of the same area where I live. They even delivered an item for a buddy of mine to my house. I will not be & will spread the word to many others, as I am in two local mustang clubs, not to buy from them either. They will definitely lose some business over this, trust me! Ray is a good dude & I have purchased two of these from him, so to see somebody RIP his stuff off really aggravates me!:fm:

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Its funny because awhile back I bought an IRS brace from them and it was my thought I was purchasing the LFP IRS brace. Funny it came in a Steeda box with Steeda instructions.:shrug: I did learn my lesson then about their business and standards. I will say I had some problems with an item and Mark took care of it in a timely manner. Not looking good for LFP on this issue.:kaboom:

Its a damn shame someone that has put their hard earned time and money to bring a product of their own design and work to have it reproduced and sold out from under them. :nonono:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Guys, I am humbled and overwhelmed by the show of support. I appreciate all the responses, encouragement and advice. I am currently weighing my legal options.

It was not my idea to turn this into a pissing match. I did not ask to be taken advantage of in this way and quite honestly I am not a confrontational person. However, I am very passionate when it comes to protecting what is mine.

Please understand that the main complaints I have with LFP is the fact that they have taken my photos of my Overlay off my site Hilton Boost Overlay and are saying "this is what you will get when you order from us" and then selling you something completely different. Not to mention the fact that they also took the installation pictures in my instructions and just copied them and are using them on theirs. And then there is the taking advantage of you with the high shipping costs too!

I really feel sorry for those of you (there was a reply earlier in the thread) who have bought their overlay thinking you were getting the original Hilton Boost Overlay and getting their inferior imitation instead. That is just a damn shame.

Anyway, as I said earlier thank you to all the friends, customers, and supporters who have voiced their say in this whole ordeal. I very much appreciate you and I will continue to craft and sell a superior product at a lower price.

Many thanks, Ray Hilton

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
one of my favorite vendors warned me about lfp and i have stuck with them (my favorite vendor not lfp throughout all of my purchases. a lot of dough has been spent and many happy moments. i did buy a genuine hilton boost overlay from your website. very impressed and get tons of huh how and where can i get that. i always pass it on. thanks hilton

Last edited:

svtcharged

svtcharged
Established Member
hey ray, i want to order one of your boost overlays badly and keep putting it off, im pegging the stock one now and would like to know what im puttin out. sorry to hear about them copying your invention. its people like you, who us cobra owners really appreciate to come up with something like this to keep the stock appearance of our cars. not to mention the thought, the willpower to make, design, and market an invention like this. good work man and i hope they pay for that!

Users who are viewing this thread