Jack3d, Good Or Bad? What's Your Experience?

boatcop1

Established Member
I've taken basically EVERY pre-workout known...

I've even taken some home-brewed pre-workouts I've conjured up (caf pills, beta alanine, etc..)

Nothing touches the NEW formula of Controlled Labs White Flood. It doesnt contain 1,3 D.

A couple of scoops of white flood and youre good... no crazy crash afterwards, no jitters.

Controlled Labs continues to impress the hell out of me, I take Orange Triad, and some others too. Great company, I'll never buy Jack3d again its trash..

Everyone is different however. I will say that 1mr, C4, and some others are basically glorified versions of jack3d (1,3d and all.)

THIS! I agree if you have the time, put together your own little concoction. If you buy bulk ingredients from places like Nutraplanet.com it will save a ton of money in the long run.

The overseas bit is mostly due to the environment. Its always hot and dry so taking this there may not be the best idea, depending on your deployed role.

Its being discussed right now for a total ban. With the drug tests occasionally popping positive-which is obviously rare itself-the guys who died and those who have had other medical events related to DIMM use make it a pretty good target, or at least a strong argument.

Ok thank you for the clearification on the subject. I knew it was at least in the works.

Yeah, I shouldnt have posted that because that was in the beginning when DOD started talking about the big scare with urinalysis. I have done research for these products and I was just saying the effects I and other lifters I have been around have gotten, some gained belly bulge (prob from not working abs) and others get the bloating feeling like I did. Just saying, heres to peace:beer:
I'm new here, dont want to argue with people

No worries bro, I will be sure to explain my point of view a little better in the future. Welcome to the boards!:beer:

The military no longer allows jack3d. Or at least they won't sell it on base in the GNC's. It got banned from our ship but then un banned. I guess they are still doing studies on it.

I live here in Groton next to the Sub Base and they are stil selling it here but they may just be selling out their stock. IT's tough to ban supps when the FDA has no say in the matter. I feel the Miltary just waits for the NCAA to add it to their list and then we ban it seeing that is who we follow in regards to supplements (CG anyway).

Boatcop knows what he's talking about. The 1,3D is whats giving the great results for some and terrible results for others. I've got nothing against anybody trying it but you should keep the dosage low until you really know what its doing to you.

I've taken NoXplode, Black Powder, HemoRage, Assault, Jack3d, 1MR, and Superpump Max. I've finally settled on the Superpump Max as the balance of effects, taste, and side effects works well for me. It doesn't keep me up at night and I don't get jittery so long as I take it within a few hours of a meal. I genererally cycle on for a few weeks and then off for at least as long as I was on.

I swear you should have to be in the gym for a year before you're allowed to buy anything other than protein and multivitamins.

Thanks man, i apreciate it:beer: I have heard really good things about Gaspari Superpump Max. I have tried the original in the past and wasn't a fan of the flavor. I'll get my hands on a sample to try out.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I use Cardio Cuts and have been getting CRAZY results, in 6 weeks ive knocked off 2-3 inches off my waist (from a 34 to a 32-31ish) and Im able to push 3-4 extra reps each set if i want to. Hell just doing more cardio has helped... im no where near out of breathe like i was before, whether its running or pumping

Cardio Cuts® - NDS Nutrition

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Long term use of geranium oil extract (1,3 dimethylamylamine), especially in high doses like jack3d, is not healthy and can cause false positives on drug tests for amphetamines and some studies show it to have side effects causing temporary erectile disfunction.

Also, the uptake to geranium is pretty quick which is why you'll hear guys within one bottle not being able to "feel" anything from the product even after using an exceeded recommended dose of 3 scoops.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Reverse engineered preworkout for me if I had the time and money,

AAKG - 3g's
Beta Alanine - 3g's
Kre-Alkalyn - 3g's
Caffeine - 100mg's
GPLC - 4g's
Citrulline Malate - 6g's
L-Glutamine - 3g's
BCAA's - 3g's
WaxyMaize - 25g's

1slow4v

Jack3d is too much for me. I was dizzy, suffered from headaches, and my blood pressure went through the roof. I went back to No Xplode, it works for me.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
it does absolutely nothing for me, nor does any other no2 product. the bottom line is different things work for different people. find a buddy who wants to try it and go halfsies.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Military bases aren't selling Jack3d because two guys died IIRC. Now what they fail to mention is;
A. How much they took
B. What they were doing (activity wise) I know some of you are active duty and you guys know those drills can be long and pretty intense. Water breaks aren't as often as they should be.

With that being said, i've been taking jack3d for a while and have loved it. when taken correctly and when you're hydrated, it's completely safe.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Yeah, but I'm not a body builder, I'm an athlete. 23 hours of exercise doesn't mean 23 hours of weight lifting. Weights for an hour, run for an hour, fight for 2-2.5 hours. Different type of stresses on my body. But yes, 23 is still too much, just not 'stupid way too much'

Well first off, read into the website. Just cause it says body building in it, it doesnt mean thats all thats in it. Many pro ATHLETES, fitness trainers, models, and celebrities have write ups on that paper. I know you dont mean 23 hours of weight lifting. And as you learned clearly 23 hours of prolonged training was detrimental to your body. Professional atheletes dont train that long for prolonged amount of times. They may one week out of a month. Or take a UFC fighter, some of the most in shape people on earth, they will train extremely hard like you did for a short amount of time like the week before the fight. Then REST the final week with very minimal training and cardio. Ill still stand by my claim of 23 hours of prolonged exercise to your body like in your case WAS harmful. So, it was stupid and way too much.

1969mach

Established Member
I've used Jack3d and had good results, makes my forehead kinda tingly nothing intolerable tho, also noticed on occasion if I didn't get to the gym within half an hour I wasn't very pleasant to be around. I also like White Flood (small amount of tingle in my arms), tried a few other brands they were meh. As mentioned its very important to hydrate and keep your diet in line, also a good idea to cycle your supplements.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've used Jack3d and had good results, makes my forehead kinda tingly nothing intolerable tho, also noticed on occasion if I didn't get to the gym within half an hour I wasn't very pleasant to be around. I also like White Flood (small amount of tingle in my arms), tried a few other brands they were meh. As mentioned its very important to hydrate and keep your diet in line, also a good idea to cycle your supplements.

The tingle is normal, its just the Alanine.

I'm pretty sure the geranium is what's causing the aggressiveness.

boatcop1

Established Member

White Flood>Jack3d

1969mach

Established Member
The tingle is normal, its just the Alanine.

I'm pretty sure the geranium is what's causing the aggressiveness.

Yeah, most of the preworkout sups with Alanine get a little tingle, some more than others. As far as the aggressiveness goes I only noticed it twice, both times my wife had made me late getting to the gym and while I'm normally pretty mellow I'm also very punctual so I was pretty annoyed to start, also traffic was sucking and that wasn't helping either. LOL. End of the day it was prolly all just in my head.

White flood and Jack3d do about the same for me so i usually just cycle between the two.

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
You mean you people get jittery or dizzy after taking in a shitload of caffeine and 1,3-Dimethylamylamine at one time? Who would have thought!

Word.

DMAA is a form of amphetamine, FYI.

My squadron commander has banned any supplement containing 1,3-Dimethylamylamine.

CobraKid04

Established Member
buddy got messed up taking Jack3d.

I use ezekiel by reaction nutrition. It's good.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
just hit a couple rails before the gym best pre workout ever... all joking aside, i find jack3d is easier to take and doesn't give a pump like NO-Xplode, 1MR worked the best for me but would give me ED for up to 5Hrs after taking it. i am trying C4 starting next week

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
DMAA is a form of amphetamine, FYI.

Not exactly true. 1,3-dimethylamylamine is structurally related to the amphetamine class which commonly includes prescription drugs such as Adderall and Vyvanse which are CNS stimulants, you can expect the same responses of dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.

CNS drugs will resemble one or more of the bodies own chemical messengers, for example, cocaine resembles the chemical dopamine, filling dopaminergic receptors therefor creating a sense of confidence and a high.

DMAA is not too different, the chemical structure closely resembles epinephrine, otherwise known as adrenaline

My squadron commander has banned any supplement containing 1,3-Dimethylamylamine.

Unless you in a flying squadron or on PRP status, thats an illegal order.

He/she does NOT have that authority since it is not on the CSA roster (emergency or permanent) nor on any banned list of supplements relating the military. It would be the same if your commander gave a blanket statement to your squadron saying no one can drink alcohol, regardless of age, for example.

The only exception would be if you were using it in a manner other than it's intended purpose. For example, you bought 1,3 Dimethylamylamine and snorted/smoke/inject/inhale it in the attempt to get high. And substance abuse of any and all types of chemical/drug/substances are already covered under multiple rules and regulations issued by competent military authority.

I'd love to hear if they conferred with your local SJA before giving that order.

Last edited:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Military bases aren't selling Jack3d because two guys died IIRC. Now what they fail to mention is;
A. How much they took
B. What they were doing (activity wise) I know some of you are active duty and you guys know those drills can be long and pretty intense. Water breaks aren't as often as they should be.

With that being said, i've been taking jack3d for a while and have loved it. when taken correctly and when you're hydrated, it's completely safe.

I've read into it. They were not used as intended by persons who should be taking it. While sad, they did not follow the simple directions/warnings listed on the label.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
i am trying C4 starting next week

I got a free sample from bodybuilding.com with an order I placed recently and that stuff made me want to run two marathons while towing a car behind me. If it wasn't for the creatine content, I would use it again.

203SBvert

Established Member
White flood and Superpump MAX are the ones I trust (both Controlled Labs and Gaspari are great companies)...currently using White Flood which I like especially during winter due to the antioxidant support

Users who are viewing this thread