Jack3d, Good Or Bad? What's Your Experience?

canibus

Established Member
5x5 is just 5 sets of 5 reps of calculated weight for each set. Each set gets heavier and you add minimum 10 pounds to the exercises per week. The 5th set should be 5 reps of the heaviest weight you can do and fail on the finish of the 5th rep. I was getting to where I would plateau with my exercises, found this Bodybuilding.com - What Is The Best 5x5 Workout That Will Produce Amazing Muscle Gain? and have seen great gains and results in my first month. The first 12 week program on that page is what im doing.

I'll have to give it a try. I do drop sets and they seem to work well for me.

savant

Death Dealer
Established Member
I've used alo in the past but have settled on 1MR and more recently CRASH. I tried jack and didnt do shit for me.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
It made me feel tingly and light headed so after 2 cans I have not used it since. I know too many people that have been hurt by this stuff.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Used to use jack3d but I switched back to Superpump when they came out with Superpump Max. I would recommend this if you're looking for a good pre-workout that doesn't make you feel like Michael J. Fox. Blue Raspberry tastes great and I only need 1-1 1/2 scoops to get the job done. Definitely an improvement performance wise over lifting without supplements. I picture it as cranking up the boost on my internal supercharger

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Just read the listen to your body thread, and 23 hours a week is stupid way too much. Check out/join bodybuilding.com and read some of the pro weight lifters threads on diet and exercise. No where near 23 hours of training. They dedicate all their time to being healthy but you wont see 23 hours of exercise. Your body can only take so much before a rest period, and the pros know exactly when and how long to rest. Plenty of good reads and workouts on that site though.

Yeah, but I'm not a body builder, I'm an athlete. 23 hours of exercise doesn't mean 23 hours of weight lifting. Weights for an hour, run for an hour, fight for 2-2.5 hours. Different type of stresses on my body. But yes, 23 is still too much, just not 'stupid way too much'

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
Jack3d gave me erectile disfunction. It has the best taste and I liked the way it worked.
Hemo rage hardcore is pretty intense. 1MR is okay. I had good experiences with code 3 and also insane from nutri shop

boatcop1

Established Member
You mean you people get jittery or dizzy after taking in a shitload of caffeine and 1,3-Dimethylamylamine at one time? Who would have thought!

QFT!

1,3D or Geranamine or DMAA Is the ingredient in Jack3d that is causing the issues people complain about. It is also the active ingredient in USP Labs Oxy Elite Pro (A popular fat burner or Thermogenic) another popular product by USP Labs. 1,3D HAS been proven to cause false positive drug tests in the military for amphetamines. Just recently OEP was pulled from the shelves from all military exchanges and base stores. Jack3d However is still available and can still be used by military personal as long as they disclose their usage prior to taking a whiz quizz.

The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) yanked the FDA's authority to regulate supplements so do your homework and learn to read labels. Supplement companies are very very smart and usually change the ingredient profile of a supplement sometimes twice a year! they re label it "new improved" or "version 2.0" or something like that, what they really did is change an ingredient that was about to be recalled or potentially banned or due to their own research found out an ingredient in the old version was or could be potentially harmful. This isn't always the case but just remember they're in the business of making money not adding 20lbs to your bench.

You will get the argument all the time that "it's a natural ingredient source" and it's "organic" or "non synthetic". In the case of Geranium oil, it is "natural" but it is NOT a essential element so be careful with what you put in your body. Too much 1,3D will cause Kidney issues if not renal failure!

With that being said, I AM an advocate for certain supplements so believe me I'm not one of those "Our body is our temple" folks. I just suggest we all do our due diligence and learn about what we are consuming before we line the pockets of a company that is more concerned with their bottom line instead of our best interest.

In my opinion that's the difference between the big market supplement companies (Muscletech,USP,BSN) and the little guys (Controlled Labs, PES, ASN, APNUT etc). When you can, buy from the little guys providing they have a good reputation and a product you require.

In ending, my opinion is JACK3D = Rubbish

:nono:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I prefer coffee. Yes I had a really good work out with jack, but is the side effects worth it? I don't think so.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Noxipro is basically worthless, but when I feel like my heart wants to explode, what is one to do? Let his heart explode?

boatcop1

Established Member
I prefer coffee. Yes I had a really good work out with jack, but is the side effects worth it? I don't think so.

You mean NO-Xplode?

Meal 4
1 scoop noxipro
2 scoops true mass
8 nitrix tabs

Meal 5
9 oz filet migon
8 oz chicken breast
1 baked potato
1 serving of french fries baked.
Ice tea

Meal 6:
2 scoops of true mass
2 scoops of gaba

Suppliments
BSN Cell Mass
BSN Nitrix tabs
no explode creatine
noxipro pre workout
phantom labs phorce
Iron mag labs metha drol extreme
Iron mag labs anabolic matrix rx
Iron mag labs advanced cycle support
Cissious q for my joints
Animal Pak vitamins
Dymatize Gaba to help me sleep.

PCT
Clomid, & Dpol

The only thing I am adding over the pre built stack of Iron mag labs stuff, is phorce, I don't see how adding a extra PH pill a day is going to be way too much.

:dw::??:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Yep coffee to start then when it's over nesquik :D

Coffee is my choice as well. I take Scivation Xtend with me to the gym and add in creatine and that's it.

I've tried tons of from 1MR, Jack3d, C4, Assault, NO-Xplod, etc...All bs imo.

Remember people that supplements don't have to have FDA approval and they don't legally have to tell you exactly what's in them.

DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Coffee is my choice as well. I take Scivation Xtend with me to the gym and add in creatine and that's it.

I've tried tons of from 1MR, Jack3d, C4, Assault, NO-Xplod, etc...All bs imo.

Remember people that supplements don't have to have FDA approval and they don't legally have to tell you exactly what's in them.

DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Double shot of espresso for me and lots of water

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Apparently, it makes people pop for meth on a drug test too. It's been recommended that we military people stay away from it. That was a few months back and I don't know if they ever narrowed it down to Jack3D though. They never explicitly banned it to my knowledge from military using it. Everyone's right though, that stuff makes me jittery too even well after the workout.

The ingredients in it are being considered from banned for use by DoD personnel right now. No decision yet. A few folks have died after taking it but, each one did not follow the guidelines that are clearly outlined on the label. You don't take 'several' scoops of it, drink 4 ounces of water, be VERY out of shape and then try to run 5 miles in the heat. Not going to work out very well.

That said, because of the deaths and a few other problems, I'm willing to bet it gets banned outright for DoD folks very shortly. Similar to what happened to ephedra.

QFT!1,3D or Geranamine or DMAA Is the ingredient in Jack3d that is causing the issues people complain about. It is also the active ingredient in USP Labs Oxy Elite Pro (A popular fat burner or Thermogenic) another popular product by USP Labs. 1,3D HAS been proven to cause false positive drug tests in the military for amphetamines. Just recently OEP was pulled from the shelves from all military exchanges and base stores. Jack3d However is still available and can still be used by military personal as long as they disclose their usage prior to taking a whiz quizz.

Thats the strange thing about DMAA. I watched someone take 2 scoops and then hit the gym. 3 hours after, they provided a sample for a drug screen and it came back negative for methamphetamine.

Personally, I do not take any type of product containing creatine. After two fasciotomies, I'll avoid it like the plague.

Last edited:

Fordmotorsport1

Rook
Established Member
Never used Jack3d...so, read on, if you wish, from my own experience using these pre-workout drinks.

Pros:
Used NOXPlode. Stuff works. I would go into the gym 30-45 minutes after I took 1-2 scoops of the stuff (I don't drink a lot of caffeine), and would hit it pretty hard. I would say I could legitimately add 5-10lbs to any exercise (sometimes more), than I did before using the stuff, and would hammer through more sets than usual. My muscle fatigue came on a lot later than without taking the stuff. Overall, the stuff works but you have to ensure you drink water like crazy. For comparison's sake, I benched 185...and, within a month I was up to 215, and it was relatively easy. (I weighed 175 at the time...5'9-5'10)

Cons:
Holy shit, and in no way is there a pun intended. This stuff would make me hustle to the bathroom within 10 minutes of taking it. Brutal.....gaseous as hell too. I was worried that if I didn't drop 'em off before working out, I'd be cleaning shit off my leg after a good power clean, or dead lift. I'm serious....

The stuff CANNOT be taken with any other caffeinated supplement. I had a sweet-tea at lunch....lifted at 4pm. When I took the stuff, workout was f'ing fantastic....but, then on my drive home, I felt like I was having a stroke, or heart attack. Immediately pulled over. Scariest feeling in the world. My muscles all over my body cramped up, and I couldn't even open my hands to dial for an ambulance. Both arms went numb, and started getting really dizzy, and feeling like I was going to puke. Drank a little bit more water, and finally hands opened up, but now my entire body was numb. I started jogging around my truck just to try to get the blood flowing so I could make a phone call if necessary. Lesson learned? I don't touch anything with caffeine in it at least 24hrs before taking the stuff. Even chocolate. I've never been that scared....

Other bad side effects that I had: Technically, getting aroused was more difficult. Don't get me wrong, I could plow a coke can if it looked at me nicely....but, while using NOXplode, it was as if my brain wasn't putting blood where it was supposed to go. Weird feeling....this coming from a guy who had to switch to boxer briefs because only jeans weren't doing the trick...GNOMESAYIN?!? The stuff affects your unit, no question for me.

Also, when I took the stuff, I didn't get a good night's sleep for shit. I'd take it around 3pm....couldn't even get to sleep around midnight. Not good for muscle rest, that's for sure.

Overall, I recommend any kind of pre-workout drink initially, but only if you're eating healthy, and drinking 100+oz of water per day. (I would drink 120 easily in a day just to ensure I was flushing my body constantly)

I disagree, I workout regular and I have tried NOxplode and its nothing but fillers. In a majority of people they add fat weight to the mid section. Thats the good thing about Jack3d or neurocore, they are only the ingrediants u need. And if u guys ever stop feeling the buzz from them, just take some benadryl and it will clear out your receptors! Stack it with Yok3d and u will have hulk-like effect going on, LOVE IT!

Fordmotorsport1

Rook
Established Member
Apparently, it makes people pop for meth on a drug test too. It's been recommended that we military people stay away from it. That was a few months back and I don't know if they ever narrowed it down to Jack3D though. They never explicitly banned it to my knowledge from military using it. Everyone's right though, that stuff makes me jittery too even well after the workout.

Doubt it man, Army here and I have had two piss tests while taking it daily and never had a problem? But everyone is different I guess. I was more worried about the creatine falsifying a wiz quiz so i talked to my commander and he said not to worry because the lab can tell what it what.

Users who are viewing this thread