JBA Exhaust is junk! !!!!

okiesnake

Established Member
Fitment is a joke and the ball flange leaks no matter what you do to adjust them. The driver side leaks and to top it off I was ensure by the vender I wouldn't have any problem as I was concerned from all the complaints and waiting 3 weeks for this junk! :fm:

I didn't learn from everyone else's mistake on here and I am the one to blame! Waste of time and waste of money...... Do not buy this junk !

okiesnake

Established Member
Which vendor told you it was good stuff?

I will wait to see if they fix the problem. I almost to the point of fixing driver side flange with a new one and be done with it as I do not want to wait another 3 weeks for another exhaust. Just kinda ruined my experience of moding the Shelby right now. I was venting and hope no one else makes another costly mistake. I should have listened to everyone !

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I had a problem with my JBA pipe not being sized down to fit the over axle pipes but the connection to the headers are tight and leak free. I would try and readjust the pipes to the headers and then connect the H/X section.

Kenneth

Established Member
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
I ordered my O/R H-pipe when they first came out, fitment is perfect.
My only complaint was it was a little raspy for me at WOT, but I took care of that with some resonators.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I love my JBA exhaust. It's obviously a production part pre-crap era

Same here, my full mandrel 3" tucks well and fits well around the axle assy. It also fits/attaches nicely to the FRPP shortys in the oem manifold locations.

...........but mine too was when JBA was building their own systems and Shelby Perf. Parts was selling JBA.

R

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
I love my JBA exhaust. It's obviously a production part pre-crap era

Same here, my full mandrel 3" tucks well and fits well around the axle assy. It also fits/attaches nicely to the FRPP shortys in the oem manifold locations.

...........but mine too was when JBA was building their own systems and Shelby Perf. Parts was selling JBA.

R
Same here guys. I got one of the lucky, last 13 kits that Shelby put on clearance 2 years ago and it is the best, by far, exhaust I've ever owned. Hate to hear this cause they HAD one great kit.

91z28350

Established Member
Sorry to hear that. I got lucky and Van put out his warning right before I did the exhaust. Bought the ARH headers, perfect fit!

okiesnake

Established Member
I tried some more and it seems the cup flange that goes right up against the ball flange is to big and will not seat. I was thinking about getting an universal doughnut graphite flange gasket which should close the gap and lower the pipe about 1/4 " more off the floor. I tried going back and forth in sequence to make a even seal.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Same here guys. I got one of the lucky, last 13 kits that Shelby put on clearance 2 years ago and it is the best, by far, exhaust I've ever owned. Hate to hear this cause they HAD one great kit.

Agreed, I love my SuperSnake manifold back system and the price was great.

www.2008GT500.blogspot.com
2013 TVS powered

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well I guess you've learned you lesson. Van made a big thread about this exact issue and drop there line completly. The vendor that told you would have no issues was not doing you any favors an should in fact give your money back an some store credit for the hassle.

okiesnake

Established Member
Well I guess you've learned you lesson. Van made a big thread about this exact issue and drop there line completly. The vendor that told you would have no issues was not doing you any favors an should in fact give your money back an some store credit for the hassle.

I will call them tomorrow and see what they are going to do for me as I was about to spend more money on upgrade blower as well. I have learned from all of this and hope to have it resolved soon

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member

R

Yeah, I have the same stuff. All pre-crap I guess, I have the full catted 3" Super Snake exhaust and everything fits pretty dam good for such a large pipe. It's a dam shame they fell off so hard because the cat back is one of the nicest I've ever seen. Very well made, very nice looking tails and awesome sound.

okiesnake

Established Member
Well I am stuck with this junk and I will never ever spend one red cent with vmp again! I was pretty much blown off and just think I was about to buy a vmp blower . I will cut and weld the pipe so it will fit properly and will move on . I guess I will order the 2013 blower and find other tuner. I am besides myself by this junk. Not sure what to do right now and who to re tune my car or put it all back to stock . Bad experience!

Users who are viewing this thread