JLT CAI for Roush TVS

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
We do trim the cover not because it is 100% necessary, but because of the level of work we do here. Whenever we install something we tend to make it better than the way it comes. That goes for everything.

The install simply looks cleaner without the filter rubbing on the cover. Over time this will produce a visual wear pattern ont he end of the filter that some may not prefer.

That said, we never have to trim the cover as much as the picture you posted. On my own car you can not even visually tell that we cut it.

I agree, like I said you don't "have to", but it does hit, and it will wear over time.

Tucker

OMG!!!

Can you not see that some of them are hitting???

Like I said, some people choose to just let it hit and some people trim. And AGAIN, it's not the fact that the filter touches the shroud, I really don't care that much. It's how you handle yourself. You don't get it... you never will... I give up
I guess you haven't installed many aftermarket parts.
Things touch things, it's okay.
Some like to trim and make it perfect and most leave it alone to do no damage or ill effect. :whine:

If you ever get a chance to send me pics of your car and how poorly the intake fits I'd love to see it. It must be AWFUL for the amount of bitching your doing. :bored:

Let us know how much power you make with the Roush kit

Tucker

Tucker, have you ever had a product on your car from another company that didn't fit right?
:lol:
Tons, it's the aftermarket, nothings perfect.

You can't just open the hood and throw parts in there, you have to take your time and make any needed adjustments.
No big deal.

I'm not going to name parts, but it's just a fact and you are blowing this crap so far out of proportion it's ridiculous.
:sleeping:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I guess you haven't installed many aftermarket parts.
Things touch things, it's okay.
Some like to trim and make it perfect and most leave it alone to do no damage or ill effect. :whine:

If you ever get a chance to send me pics of your car and how poorly the intake fits I'd love to see it. It must be AWFUL for the amount of bitching your doing. :bored:

Let us know how much power you make with the Roush kit

I'm not bitching about how AWFUL the fitment is, I am simply stating your are being selectively blind to minor issues and blaming customers. You've been rude to/short with EVERYONE who disagrees with you. You're just a jerk. That's why I won't let it go.

You keep making enemies, and then just cant figure out why people post up every issue they have with JLT. It's because of YOU!!!! not your product... YOU!!!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
:lol:
Tons, it's the aftermarket, nothings perfect.

You can't just open the hood and throw parts in there, you have to take your time and make any needed adjustments.
No big deal.

I'm not going to name parts, but it's just a fact and you are blowing this crap so far out of proportion it's ridiculous.
:sleeping:

My point behind this question, before you gave a smart-ass rude answer (expected), was that if you ever posted in a thread about a fitment issue you had and they called you a liar because they didn't have that issue or you don't have pics of it, how would you feel???

There's no reasoning with you

Tucker

Someone quote me saying liar, please.

Your missing the point, 99% don't trim the cover and all is well.
Is it needed? no
Do some do it? Sure

As for posting about ill fitting parts.
I don't go to the internet first and ask for help 2nd, I go to the manufacture.
BUT, 100% of the time I get it figured out without the need for either, JUST LIKE THIS CASE.

I have not had 1 S/C 5.0 kit returned in 3 years it's been out, not 1.
Why? because I helped those with issues figure it out or they do on their own.

Does everyone have the same skill level when it comes to working on cars? NO!
Do some need help and ask for it? YES
Do some get frustrated, post online against the company and then ask for help? YES
Do some get their panties in a bunch because the company doesn't say, "I'm sorry, your right. We'll redesign the kit and make it the way you want it"? YES

I have a few waiting on the video to see the tips I show in detail to help them with theirs and if not we'll talk, but so far everyone is using and driving with them no problem.

You can put "masterdebater" in your avatar all you want, but your wasting your fingers on this one.

If we were discussing a kit I don't have direct access to and didn't know for sure it works, sure, I'd say "hold on guys, let me get one in here", but I have one 20' away from me.

Don't like ME, I don't care, but realize, you don't like me because I don't let you walk all over me and call you out for what you say.

We don't have to be friends and you don't have to like me, but to waste your day complaining about how a filter touches a cover is just silly. :rolleyes:

spdracr0

Established Member
My talking to JLT on the phone has led me to find an alternative route to an unrestricted inlet. They did not want to hear the problems I had nor did they want to provide solutions. They would not even answer the couple of technical questions I had which may have made the whole situation a nonissue. Some of the worst service and experience I have had in a long time.

I think this statement is pretty accurate. Did not say anyone was short or rude. I would say more uneducated and ignorant of the product. If they cannot answer the questions then maybe they should refer to you. I was told I needed to buy another kit. I guess I should have just sprang for another kit when it was not necessary. I was pretty upset about the whole thing at the time. I did not want to run the stock airbox. So it is rather funny that it took all of this just to get you to say that they are the same tubes when a simple yes they are on the phone would have been sufficient, I would have purchased a new shield and gotten Shaun to tune the car with the JLT on it. I would have preferred that.

Tucker

I think this statement is pretty accurate. Did not say anyone was short or rude. I would say more uneducated and ignorant of the product. If they cannot answer the questions then maybe they should refer to you. I was told I needed to buy another kit. I guess I should have just sprang for another kit when it was not necessary. I was pretty upset about the whole thing at the time. I did not want to run the stock airbox. So it is rather funny that it took all of this just to get you to say that they are the same tubes when a simple yes they are on the phone would have been sufficient, I would have purchased a new shield and gotten Shaun to tune the car with the JLT on it. I would have preferred that.
Does Airaid sell pieces and parts? K&N? What about Steeda?

We do sometimes, but again, you didn't talk to me and I know what our girls know and there had to be miscommunication for sure

If someone calls and says "I have a GT500 kit will it fit my S/C 5.0"? The answer is no.
That's the truth.

Just like mebcop, your going on and on when all you need is a heat shield.

The problem with selling parts is too many times the customer calls back and says, well now I'm missing this or that and it becomes a nightmare.

spdracr0

Established Member
I never posed the question like that. I laid it out just as described and asked if the tubes were the same. Say all you want, by what you say they should have known the answer was yes or referred me to yourself and now I would not have to pay to have my car returned for the JLT. The inadequacy of your staff costed me time and money, it is as simple as that.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Saying my kit doesn't fit perfectly is walking all over you? A little sensitive? You are over-defensive. You were with Shaun, and you started off with BMR too. You think you WON this debate??? LMFAO You're rude AND delusional! I'm not saying I won, I'm saying people will see what type of businessman you are. People WILL avoid business with you because of threads like this... again, you think YOU won?

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
Saying my kit doesn't fit perfectly is walking all over you? A little sensitive? You are over-defensive. You were with Shaun, and you started off with BMR too. You think you WON this debate??? LMFAO You're rude AND delusional! I'm not saying I won, I'm saying people will see what type of businessman you are. People WILL avoid business with you because of threads like this... again, you think YOU won?

Yep will cross JLT off of my list of companies to buy from because of the way he acted in this thread alone.

lovebread

Established Member
Got the Vortech Competition intake for my Paxton specifically for the Airraid box over the JLT stamped shield and I'm glad I did after seeing this "fit" being thrown.

I think we can all agree you get what you pay for in the aftermarket.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Got the Vortech Competition intake for my Paxton specifically for the Airraid box over the JLT stamped shield and I'm glad I did after seeing this "fit" being thrown.

I agree. You get what you pay for and sometimes cheaper isnt always better.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sorry to hear.

BTW, I Googled JLT Big Air on Whipple and on Roush and didn't see a single one with a trimmed rad cover, so I guess the ones that are trimmed were personal choices by the customer, but not necessary.
310432_10150339761032155_307764088_n.jpg

Our old 2011
1476126_10151873259322155_1311874335_n.jpg

Evo's with no trimming:rolling:
1456090_10151873259727155_1530792177_n.jpg

1426648_10151873260607155_853078381_n.jpg

More random shots found online
1469974_10151873260627155_1456283660_n.jpg

1470159_10151873260622155_1403506506_n.jpg

1487350_10151873260747155_937386202_n.jpg

1476712_10151873260787155_2127652333_n.jpg

Can I get you anything else? :poke:

so why does almost every pic showing the fliter touching the cover? and over time it will rub because the engine will move it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

I agree. You get what you pay for and sometimes cheaper isnt always better.

100% correct in this hobby you really do get what you pay for. with all these other options out there why settle with one that may have fitment issues and that wont get fix unless you do it yourself.

Larry03GT

Established Member
Yep will cross JLT off of my list of companies to buy from because of the way he acted in this thread alone.

personally I think Jay has a lot of passion for his products and respect a person that is willing to defend against some of the internet cry babies. I buy a lot of aftermarket parts and sometimes you do have to make minor adjustments for fulfillment. And yes I have the Big air kit for my Roush tvs and did not need any adjustments. Jay keep doing what you do and don't let some these cry babies get to you! I and several other customers will always buy your products because of the quality and service your company gives us!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
personally I think Jay has a lot of passion for his products and respect a person that is willing to defend against some of the internet cry babies. I buy a lot of aftermarket parts and sometimes you do have to make minor adjustments for fulfillment. And yes I have the Big air kit for my Roush tvs and did not need any adjustments. Jay keep doing what you do and don't let some these cry babies get to you! I and several other customers will always buy your products because of the quality and service your company gives us!

At least one other person has your back jay.

Everytime I think about JLT I always think of the famous thread...

CAIs and MAF signal quality

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member

Another person who doesn't "get it" that it isn't really about how the part fits....

And calling being rude to people "passion for his product".... lol....no, its simply being rude to people. You can defend your product with tact.

Tucker

so why does almost every pic showing the fliter touching the cover? and over time it will rub because the engine will move it.
Rubber on plastic does...? Nothing. Had mine on for over a year with no wear mark.
Again, YOU have no JLT products and are only here to jump on the JLT bash band wagon like you always do.
Get a life dude. :lol:
Thanks,
I know it's not difficult to install and people hate that I speak my mind. Oh well, been here done that and this is our best year in the 10 we have been in business.:rockon:
At least one other person has your back jay.

Everytime I think about JLT I always think of the famous thread...

CAIs and MAF signal quality
LOL, nice try. Another couple clowns who "tried" to hurt us and failed epicly:coolman:

Now I hear one of them runs a JLT:lol:
What's funny is it's always the same group of internet guys who try and hurt our name and that's why I go out of my way to give it right back to you.

You guys need to find a hobby, sitting on line looking for JLT threads is got to be getting old.:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread