JLT CAI with Boss 302 IM, keeps coming loose...

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I have a Boss 302 IM with the Boss 302 version JLT CAI. So it has the silicone coupler for the Boss 302.

I have had it come free twice now since install 2 months ago. It is always the intake itself popping out of the silicone sleeve, not the TB popping out. I slide the intake far enough into the silicone coupler that the band that clamps down clamps down past the flared out end of the JLT CAI so theoretically it should be too tight for the CAI to come back out.

Yet it keeps coming back out. The Clamp was still super tight. Tight enough I couldn't slide the JLT CAI back in no matter how hard I tried.

So...really my question was, anyone else have this issue or just me? As of right now I guess it is just something I'll have to check every now and then. Car has been driving funny for a few days, then today I floored it to 7800 and the car stalled. I instantly knew what it was and luckily coasted into a parking lot and put the intake back on.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Mines did it to me a lot when I first got the intake on. Kept throwing a code and going into limp mode. I got the longer rubber and fixed it to where it bit and it never came off again.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Maybe your worm clamp has shit the bed and needs replaced?

Only 2 months old though...Got the CAI with the Boss IM...lol

Mines did it to me a lot when I first got the intake on. Kept throwing a code and going into limp mode. I got the longer rubber and fixed it to where it bit and it never came off again.

Ahhh ok. Seems like it is a PITA to position the damn thing too with the short sleeve. I'll pick up the longer one then!

same thing I had to purchase the longer sleeve they sell for $15 bucks. works perfect now.

Cool thanks for backing that up, exactly what i'll do.

Use a 5/16 or 8mm nut driver and clamp it on hard.
I did, the last time it came loose. I tightened it to the point the Silicone was super crushed. Still slid out.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
My JLT came off a couple times when running the boss intake, the tube would hit the fan shroud and push it at a weird angle. Honestly the intake was just a poor fit and poor quality compared to others.

Users who are viewing this thread