JLT oil catch can broken AGAIN

sikryd

Established Member
Guys,
When we came out with the separators 2 years ago we researched the fittings in depth. We didn't want ugly brass, so we found black plastic fittings that were up to the temp ratings and use with oil, but still some have failed.

As soon as we realized it was an issue we has custom aluminum fittings milled to our specs and started including them since Aug 2011.

We apologize for the issue, but stand behind our product 100%.
If you have this happen, contact me direct and I will take care of it ASAP. [email protected]

Send me a pic of the broken fitting along with your name and address and it's done.

Again, sorry for the issue.

Jay

No worries Jay, thanks for helping out.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Guys,
When we came out with the separators 2 years ago we researched the fittings in depth. We didn't want ugly brass, so we found black plastic fittings that were up to the temp ratings and use with oil, but still some have failed.

As soon as we realized it was an issue we has custom aluminum fittings milled to our specs and started including them since Aug 2011.

We apologize for the issue, but stand behind our product 100%.
If you have this happen, contact me direct and I will take care of it ASAP. [email protected]

Send me a pic of the broken fitting along with your name and address and it's done.

Again, sorry for the issue.

Jay

Mine haven't broke but I wouldnt mind having the metal fittings to keep in the glove box in the event it does break. I just don't want to get stranded anywhere. Will you sell just the fittings if we request it? I am more than happy with the product and if its not broke then don't fix it but I'd happily pay for the metal fittings as a backup.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yeah, I'm with the misguided Penguins fan ^^ I'd pay a few bucks to have the metal one's on hand just in case. I don't drive my car that much and my luck, they'll break at the most inopportune time.

6-Speed

Established Member
I just put the stock PCV hose in a large ziplock bag and tossed it in the trunk just in case.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Well I called JLT this morning and they took care of it straight away :) New fittings are on the way.

Lol I should have done that in the first place. Good work JLT !

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm flip flopping to the man that makes the better point. I'm with the Doc ^^ now, Nate your on your own... LOL

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I'm flip flopping to the man that makes the better point. I'm with the Doc ^^ now, Nate your on your own... LOL

You're like my dog. He's your best friend until someone else has better food. :nonono:

BTW, Devils? Islanders? Rangers? Please don't say the Flyers.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Flyers all the way! Come on, your not still mad about ol' Jaromir Jager are you??? :lol:

I live in South Jersey, I can hit center city Philadelphia with a rock from my house. I'm in for life on all the Philly teams accept the 6ers and I don't dislike them I just don't follow basketball all that much.

On topic, I love food... :D

Mattio

Established Member
Sounds as though Jay and the people at JLT have helped everyone who has had issues witch is certainly a plus! A friend and I went to JLT last week and purchased oil catch cans... they came with aluminum fittings... JLT ftw

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Flyers all the way! Come on, your not still mad about ol' Jaromir Jager are you??? :lol:

I live in South Jersey, I can hit center city Philadelphia with a rock from my house. I'm in for life on all the Philly teams accept the 6ers and I don't dislike them I just don't follow basketball all that much.

On topic, I love food... :D

I could care less about the Jagr deal. He did a lot for Pittsburgh in the 90s. I am the same as you in the sense that I'm a lifer but for Pittsburgh teams and thank God that we don't have a basketball team. I grew up in central PA. Outside of rock throwing range.

Tucker

Thanks for the understanding in this matter.
We regret this happened, but please know that we didn't use these fittings out of being cheap, we used them to keep a good look on the part and were told they would work in the application.

We hate the look of a can off to the side with ugly rubber hose, worm gear clamps, brass fittings and such. It just didn't appeal to us and "most" vehicle owners want an easy plug and play kit. Hence the reason we have sold thousands of the JLT Oil Separator.

As far as sending out fittings to customers.
Remember, we have over 100 JLT dealers who sell our products from Canada to Puerto Rico to UAE, so it's impossiable to just send fittings to each customer.

All we ask is you send me a picture of the broken fitting and you address.

Reason for picture? We have sent aluminum fittings to customers who had aluminum fittings already.:dw: And they are expensive...

What we have been doing is posting in threads like this as well as our Facebook page and anywhere we can to let people know we are here for them..

First things first, contact the manufacture when a product fails. We support our product long after the sale.

I also want to re post that aluminum fittings have been in use since Aug 2010. Those who purchased since that time you have them.

We are a small company and as the owner I wear many hats and can't be in every forum thread everyday, so I hear about these threads from friends.

We care about our customers and our name, so if we can help you with anything feel free to contact us right away. :beer:

Thanks
Jay
[email protected]
757 335 1940

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Is buying the aluminum fittings off you an option? I could send a picture but its not broken. Thanks Jay. You've always had some of the best customer service out there.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Oops I'm sorry, I skipped right over your question.
Yes we can sell them.
I think they are like $8 each.

I assume we need 2 so $16 shipped? I'll give you a call sometime here soon. Unless they can be ordered through the website. :beer:

overtime

Established Member
Jay,
Was the change made in August of 2010 or 2011? You have both dates listed in this thread.

Thanks
Overtime

Users who are viewing this thread