JLT vs K&N FIPK results (modded car)

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Tucker
Just bringing this up again for the new mwmbers.

u do that fipk w/ ur tube test yet? im curious to see if the smoother / larger tube helps in power gain

Tucker

Originally posted by BADASS03SVT
u do that fipk w/ ur tube test yet? im curious to see if the smoother / larger tube helps in power gain
No I haven't got to that.
But I can tell you this. Take off your upper pipe and mearure it. Then look through it.
Now picture a smooth 4"/ 100mm pipe flowing air to your TB.
In the looks dept the JLT wins and my best guess is it will flow more air too.
Thanks
JAy

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Tucker, would you be interested in trying your system against one of my new 'Staged' 03/04 Cobra underhood setups?

Tucker

Originally posted by JP DEMOLET
Tucker, would you be interested in trying your system against one of my new 'Staged' 03/04 Cobra underhood setups?

check them out:
I have had many DC customers go from your kit to mine and gain on average 8-10 RWHP.
I personaly tested my kit with the MAF in mid stream (like yours and factory), 4"/100mm MAF forward and 4"/100mm upper, against a one piece smooth pipe from the TB to the MAF then filter and gained 7.5 RWHP. This gain is from loosing the air interuptor in the middle of the air stream, the MAF.

I am more then willing to test my kit against any kit out there.
I would like to be presant if you wanted to do a comparo.
I keep pushing 5.0 to do another shoot out on the Cobra. Heck, I would do a N/A Cobra (96-01)shoot out too.

Tucker

I would be very willing to do a test at Performanceautosports.

I don't see how you Stage 4 kit that includes a Pro-m 95 and Predator tuner is compariable to my basic CAI.

Leave the MAF and tuner out of it. Fair is fair. CAI VS CAI!! Or I use a Pro-m and Diablo. I mean come on.

I have not had driving/Idling/part throttle/lean issues.
I have had 3 cars with MAF forward CAI's that surged and stalled, stop after a JLT install.

The best thing to do is get a editor/writer from a magazine to do a write up on the test. I would love that.

Heres what's a fair test:
JLT True RAI vs -STAGE 2: Your under the hood set up!

Underhood Carbon fiber Composite Shield
9" Green Filter
Pro-M Plastic Meter Adapter
This system posted 19.45 RWHP, +24.38 ft lb torque over a competitors metal system
Will support 500 HP (meter saturation point)
Only $300.00 delivered
Only $119.00 delivered (w/o shield)

Then JLT True CAI vs Your fenderwell CAI
STAGE 1:
The award winning
( 03' Cobra 5.0 Mag Shoot-Out Winning System on the the stock cobra)
#9 System has been further improved and will post 25-30 RWHP and
14-17 ft. lb. torque increase
Will support 475 HP
Only $ 149.00 - Delivered (Carbon Fiber Opt. Std)

Then if you wish to use the Pro-m and Diablo then I use my C&L 95mm and my Diablo.

I say lets get this in a magazine or at least have some online mambers be there.
We'll talk.
Jay

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
I've been a member of this board for 2 years and came on to answer the challenge of a fellow enthusiast.

It's all in good fun. We all love these cars and I for one have always benefitted from my customer feedback concerning my products.

THERE'S NO MORE FREE SPEECH?

Do I have to pay as a member just to talk tech?

There was no mention in any of my posts of prices.

Tucker and I would both benefit from a good Duel, whether it's checking out different filters or tuning etc..

Then EVERYONE on the board benefits especially the guys doing extensive mods.

If you get to see this Tucker, we can do metered and non-metered, tuner and non tuner inner fender and under hood comparisons. That would benefit everyone the most.

You're systems look good by the way. As the originator of the Black Plastic 'cool tube' I've always liked that look.

Just my standard inner fender shootout winning system has been honed refined cosmetically improved and now posts additional gains over what it posted in the shootout. And it wasn't even tested in the 'up' position at the shootout!

Last edited:

Tucker

I'm not sure what that was all about.

Anyway, I would love to do a test. I just want it to be fair and maybe get a article out of it.

Were going to compair apples to apples. CAI to CAI. Not CAI to CAI-MAF-Tuned Predator.

If we test:
JLT RAI to your kit
JLT RAI to your CAI
JLT CAI to your CAI
JLT CAI W/C&L and tune to your Stage 4
JLT RAI W/C&L and tune to your Stage 4

My question is Who's paying for 4 -5 hours of dyno time and on who's car are we going to test?
I'm going to contact a couple guys I know at 5.0 and MM&FF and see what we can do.

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Hey Tucker, some of us FIPK people want to use your pipe. Have you tested it yet? I'm not too happy with the stock pipe.

Tucker

Originally posted by Mike_Hawk
Hey Tucker, some of us FIPK people want to use your pipe. Have you tested it yet? I'm not too happy with the stock pipe.
I haven't tested it but customers have been using the 2 together.

John Demolet wrote:
"Tucker, would you be interested in trying your system against one of my new 'Staged' 03/04 Cobra underhood setups?"

This is a quote from above. I just want to make it clear who offered who to a test.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Tucker, I'll call mark @ performance auto sport today and see what kind of deal he'll give me on the dyno time.

Would you be willing to split that cost? I can get us a DEAL.

As I stated earlier we'll A-B all the different combos.

You had stated with our first conversations that you're customers had been gaining hp over my system.

I'm presuming you have the dyno graphs you can post representing this?

It would be moot to discuss 'IF' my old 03/04 Cobra system will beat the other manufacturers. IT'S A FACT WITH THE SHOOTOUT RESULTS. (on stock cobra)

But I wanted to come up with systems addressing the modded Cobras as I got BEAT on those.

I respect the fact that I don't have any A-B dyno sessions of your systems against mine but only want to gain them in an objective Independant testing session. You will probably want to see how your system does with the Pro-M and you're more than welcome to use the Pro-M I'll have to see the A-B differences on your own systems. I'll order it as I do for my inner fender systems calibrated for 'one bend' and then we can dial it in with the Predator for the 'underhood correct A/F ratio on both systems.
This would give both of us A-B comparisons of the C&L & the Pro-m as a side benefit of the testing.

I would also like to see how your TB pipe performs with my components.

Mark @ performance auto sport has tested all my stuff and he'll tell me if something doesn't work optimumly and I then try to refine it through different filter testing etc.. He has helped me with refining the old system to now post more hp within the size constraints of the inner fender positioning and the bigger filters for the underhood setups.

Out of respect for the board if one of the moderators could contact me regarding the advertising banner cost that would be great.

Last edited:

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
I just found the link for contacting the board for advertising costs and emailed the request.

Fair is fair and I don't want any board members to think that since I'm not advertising that this challenge isn't fair in all respects.

Tucker

Originally posted by JP DEMOLET
Tucker, I'll call mark @ performance auto sport today and see what kind of deal he'll give me on the dyno time.

Would you be willing to split that cost? I can get us a DEAL.

As I stated earlier we'll A-B all the different combos.

You had stated with our first conversations that you're customers had been gaining hp over my system.

I'm presuming you have the dyno graphs you can post representing this?

It would be moot to discuss 'IF' my old 03/04 Cobra system will beat the other manufacturers. IT'S A FACT WITH THE SHOOTOUT RESULTS. (on stock cobra)

But I wanted to come up with systems addressing the modded Cobras as I got BEAT on those.

I respect the fact that I don't have any A-B dyno sessions of your systems against mine but only want to gain them in an objective Independant testing session. You will probably want to see how your system does with the Pro-M and you're more than welcome to use the Pro-M I'll have to see the A-B differences on your own systems. I'll order it as I do for my inner fender systems calibrated for 'one bend' and then we can dial it in with the Predator for the 'underhood correct A/F ratio on both systems.
This would give both of us A-B comparisons of the C&L & the Pro-m as a side benefit of the testing.

I would also like to see how your TB pipe performs with my components.

Mark @ performance auto sport has tested all my stuff and he'll tell me if something doesn't work optimumly and I then try to refine it through different filter testing etc.. He has helped me with refining the old system to now post more hp within the size constraints of the inner fender positioning and the bigger filters for the underhood setups.

Out of respect for the board if one of the moderators could contact me regarding the advertising banner cost that would be great.
I personaly don't have all the comparasion graphs. As, I said my customers have done the testing and at least 3 have tested against the DC and a 10 hp gain over seems to be the norm.
Here is one I do have.
tn_ProductRedfire%203%20dyno.jpg

Think about it. 4" from the filter to the TB. Minus the MAF.

Yes you did win the CAI shootout, LAST YEAR. I and many others had not been out yet.

I am willing to split the dyno cost, but as I said I want to be there and would like others to be there also.

I have also talked to Mark in the past and he seems like a very fair person. My last car was a Saleen I bought from his site.

Were just going to come together and figure out the best time and test car to use. I "may" be able to come up with a near stocker locally to do the test on. Mark can look it over for you, unless he has one there to use.
Talk to you later.
Jay

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
I'm now into the third generation of the original system and would need to know which system was on that car and what it's other mods are. It looks to be the 2nd generation as your A/F ratio looks much leaner. The 2nd generation addressed this to bring the A/F ratio inline with the recommendations of these board members. That A/F ratio on my system in that graph looks a little too rich. Was the filter in the 'up' or 'down' position as any dyno data should take into account both positions with a 'tunable induction' system? I've yet to see my system show up quite that rich in A/F which would change with the alternate positioning and account for the hp differences if it wasn't in the optimum position for that particular motor. At any rate that would certainly address the many posts I've seen critisizing the A/F ratio being too lean!

I hope to hear back from Mark today.

He may also have a near stocker, but a highly modified one would be more desirable as my staged systems are to address these.

To pick up gains of +10 over my std., and depending on which generation system would be VERY VERY PHENOMINAL and result in +35 rwhp. Do you have any dyno graphs showing +35 on a stocker?

I also talked to Brian Sexton yesterday @ 5.0 Mag and he wants me to email him the details concerning the "Duel @ Mustang Corral".

I'll email that to him today and see what they can do.

I'll order the meter from Pro-M today as it takes them a week to fill my meter orders.

I haven't offered a metered system for the 03/04 Cobras since I haven't found one that beats the factory meter except up to the meter saturation point.

I didn't want to charge customers for a meter without appreciable gains.

Which is why I want to reitterate that part of my interest in this testing is to be able to offer customers going past the meter saturation point the tools to dial in the aftermarket blowers etc..

As 5.0 Mag did in the shootout, they had a stock and modified Cobra.

Maybe there are some fellow enthusiasts on this board that live near Richmond Va. that can provide a stock and highly modified Cobra.

A highly modified with the Keene Belle blower setup would be great.

I did hear back from the board yesterday and told them I want to sign up for the banner ad package NOW so no one thinks there's something unfair with me not being an advertiser. I've always been able to address questions in the past and wan't to still be able to answer my customers without being editted as that's something greatly lacking with most manufacturers today.

Last edited:

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Pro-M is interested in the Duel results and is sending me a 95mm calibrated for the new underhood setup.

Not to add a 'ringer' but Pro-M is also sending the 92mm Big Mouth race meter for testing.

These meters will be the stock underhood calibrations 03/04 Cobra.

You're more than welcome to test the 92 also.

We'll test: CAI vs CAI
RAI vs RAI
RAI + C&L vs. RAI + 95 Pro-M

92 mm Big Mouth on either RAI setup.

We can then use the Predator for fine tuning.

How's that sound?

Last edited:

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
I have a question concerning the JLT CAI for an 02 GT. My question is have you tested one out for a GT and if so what kind of power gains can I expect out of one? My mods are in my sig. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread