JLT vs K&N FIPK results (modded car)

Tucker

Originally posted by MustangBoo
I have a question concerning the JLT CAI for an 02 GT. My question is have you tested one out for a GT and if so what kind of power gains can I expect out of one? My mods are in my sig. Thanks.
Results are on the web site.
Jay

Tucker

Well, John funny you mention Brian. I emailed he about this today.
He has a good point. A article portraying just 2 companies CAI's going head to head may not be the best image for either one of us. Obviously we are both confident in our products, but a one on one slugfest isn't the way to prove one is better then the other.

It would be better if other CAI's were involved, like another shootout. I don't think that will happen anytime soon though.

I'm still very interested in us testing against each other for the board members.
Keep me posted on what you come up with and I'll do the same.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Hi Tucker,

I was looking at your website and maybe I'm just confused. The True CAI says increases of 26 to 30 compared to only 16 to 20 for the RAI. However, your results shown here dictate the RAI to make more hp, granted with the hood open. My next question is do you plan to do any tests with the RAI utilizing the heat shield. Sorry if I missed something.
Thanks,

Tucker

Originally posted by 04SilverSerpent
Hi Tucker,

I was looking at your website and maybe I'm just confused. The True CAI says increases of 26 to 30 compared to only 16 to 20 for the RAI. However, your results shown here dictate the RAI to make more hp, granted with the hood open. My next question is do you plan to do any tests with the RAI utilizing the heat shield. Sorry if I missed something.
Thanks,
That is what, I and customers, have seen on stock cars. Once in the upper H/P levels the car need the added air flow of the RAI/9" filter. I personally, havn't dynoed the RAI on a stocker, those #'s are from customer tests. Now that I solely use S&B powerstack filters with the kits, I think the RAI #'s will be much higher.

I don't think you will see a dyno difference from the heat shield. It just helps keep the heat out when at idle (stoplight).
Thanks
Jay

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Jay, I'm still waiting to hear from Mark @ performance.

I'll recontact you when the meters arrive and we'll coordinate the times.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
I've received the meters, and will send Mark all the systems and do the testing around Jays' schedule.

As soon as Jay let's me know when he can do it either of us can set it up with Mark.

I'm much further away and fully trust Mark to perform objective testing without me being there.

I could go for a little road though and I'll see when the testing is to be done.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
What state is the testing being done in? I wouldn't mind loaning out my car for some testing...lol

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
It's to be in Richmond Va..

I left Mark @ performanceautosport another message this morning and will post when I hear back from him.

You're Cobra, since it has my # 9 would be great. I can show you the difference with the 6" Green filter and with the mods you've done can then A-B the new underhood setup with/without the Pro-M meters.

I haven't offered a metered system before for the 03/04 Cobra since I, and most guys on the forums didn't see any appreciable gains from the aftermarket meters.
But now that the 03/04s are undergoing extensive enough mods to saturate the factory meter I'm anxious to see what advantage the Pro-Ms provide.

Pro-M is anxious to see the results from the 92mm Big Mouth meter they sent calibrated for the 03/04 Cobra, as long as it's still the stock injector size.

How far are you from Richmond Va.?

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
I live in CT its about a 8 hr drive i believe but i have a truck and trailer for towing duties..all i need is a date for the testing so i can make sure i'm not working....we can go from there....who's doing the tuning cause i have a EFI solutions tune in my car from mustang magic....would i need to bring my tuner with me?

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Why don't you send both systems to Mustang Magic and we can do a full thing at mustang magic in deer park long island...they have nothing to gain from the testing...and we have a baseline on my car already.....Plus they have been used for multiple testing articles in MM&FF...so they are very reputable

Last edited:

mystic04

Established Member
i may be in for a test if you can use me 04 with only a maggie cat back done otherwise all stock. live just outside of philly.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
Mark called me today and he's all for the shootout.

The dyno cost is $800. (full day) & $400. (half day).

I figure we could do it in a half day @ $200. ea.

He can have a couple of Cobras there. One is mostly stock. He's not sure about the other.

He said for you, Jay, to call him and we'll coordinate schedules.

It's a 7 hr. drive for me and I'd like to attend so maybe on a Saturday would be good.

He'll do some pics of the cars, participants, etc..

Thanks to all the volunteers it will be great to have you attend!

We just need to coordinate a schedule.

Mystic 04', thanks for the offer. I'm an old St. Joes alumni and miss that area.

Last edited:

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
BLWN03, I sent you a reply.

You can email me after work hours @ [email protected]

I'm only going to use this work computer after the earlier screw up with the PMs and won't be able to reply to PMs after work hours 7-5:30 EST.

Tucker

I will figure out my schedule in the next few weeks and get back to you.
If you want a big modded car I may be able to bring a 03 KB car. 25psi and 9.90's @141mph.
There is also my car, 2.93 and 460 range HP & TQ.
I would like to do a stocker to though.
Well get it straight.

JP DEMOLET

Established Member
The big modded car would be great as long as it's the stock injector size. I can run my 'stage 2' setup on it, but the Pro-Ms are 'stock injector' calibrated. We can still test RAI vs. RAI on it.

You can also see how the Pro-M race meter does with your stuff since you're in the process of having a metered system.

I've had a lot of inquiries into the 92mm Race meter and this will give us some dyno numbers.

I've got a lot of family junk coming up with the holidays so we'll set this up around your schedule as I can have all my systems at Marks in one day if we can't both arrange the same day.

If we can arrange the same day testing let's plan an afternoon 1/2 day dyno session due to the travel time.

Then I'll buy you a COLD ONE, WIN OR LOOSE!

Fast Willy

Established Member
Thanks for all that info. It really helped me make dission. I'm going with the JLt now. I was gonna go with the K&N because they make more power on the stock motor, but I do plan on doing a lot of modding to my car so I think I'm going to go with the JLT thanks guys.

Tucker

Originally posted by JP DEMOLET
The big modded car would be great as long as it's the stock injector size. I can run my 'stage 2' setup on it, but the Pro-Ms are 'stock injector' calibrated. We can still test RAI vs. RAI on it.

You can also see how the Pro-M race meter does with your stuff since you're in the process of having a metered system.

I've had a lot of inquiries into the 92mm Race meter and this will give us some dyno numbers.

I've got a lot of family junk coming up with the holidays so we'll set this up around your schedule as I can have all my systems at Marks in one day if we can't both arrange the same day.

If we can arrange the same day testing let's plan an afternoon 1/2 day dyno session due to the travel time.

Then I'll buy you a COLD ONE, WIN OR LOOSE!

I just ordered a SCT MAF as I will be using SCT "if" I offer a metered kit.
The Cobra I mentioned have bigger injectors, so I won't bring it.
By the time we do this I will have my blower ported and some other small work.
You are welcome to fully inspect my car and do your own install and testing when we do this.

I;m thinking 2-3 weeks. I still need to figure it out.
I'll let you know.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread