JMS Tune Install...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Installed the MAX POWER JMS Tune today and the results are nothing short of AWESOME!

Car feels like it picked up 30-40HP even though I know it's only 10-15 to the wheels...drives so much more like a muscle car now. No soft spots ANYWHERE

I highly rec'd this for anyone on the fence about it!

Boss3o2

Established Member
Installed the MAX POWER JMS Tune today and the results are nothing short of AWESOME!

Car feels like it picked up 30-40HP even though I know it's only 10-15 to the wheels...drives so much more like a muscle car now. No soft spots ANYWHERE

I highly rec'd this for anyone on the fence about it!

What do you mean by "Soft spots"?

ArabianOak

Established Member
Boss,

It just felt like the factory tune was a little soft...just the way it drove. I know ford needs to worry about emissions though, so i don't blame them for taming the beast.

Boss3o2

Established Member
Boss,

It just felt like the factory tune was a little soft...just the way it drove. I know ford needs to worry about emissions though, so i don't blame them for taming the beast.

Weird, because mine feels the exact oposite. Especially with the Linear TQ throughout the powerband.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Weird, because mine feels the exact oposite. Especially with the Linear TQ throughout the powerband.

Factory tunes are for emissions not power. Get an aftermarket JMS tune and you will see what I am talking about...I'm hoping a few other guys chime in on this. Many have done this mod and that is why I went ahead with it. Results are nothing short of awesome.

Boss3o2

Established Member
Factory tunes are for emissions not power. Get an aftermarket JMS tune and you will see what I am talking about...I'm hoping a few other guys chime in on this. Many have done this mod and that is why I went ahead with it. Results are nothing short of awesome.

Factory tunes are not for emissions, considering the Track Key is not EPA compliant. The way Ford got around this situation, is because of the Stock tune function of the Silver Boss 302 key.

The Track key brings in a lot of the Boss 302R ECU's software calibration, which is designed to enhance and balance the car even more over stock ECU calibration, and not strictly for HP, straight line gains. Which is what the Boss 302 was designed for.. :coolman:

ArabianOak

Established Member
I'm glad your happy with that stock tune. Enjoy it! But i'm tellin you that it's a night and day difference in a very good way.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^I have a JMS tune as well, night and day difference when my car was stock. roughly 27whp gain vs 0 from the TracKey.

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
i also did the jms tune and the feel is night and day diff from the stock or the red key. much better feel all the way around.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
I'm glad your happy with that stock tune. Enjoy it! But i'm tellin you that it's a night and day difference in a very good way.

i wonder what your take on the boss 302 race tune? the grand am boss 302r and the world challenge boss 302s run the track key tune for their racing program. they dont care about emissions.

i am pretty sure that ford doesnt want these race cars competing with "soft spots" in their engine performance.

ArabianOak

Established Member
i wonder what your take on the boss 302 race tune? the grand am boss 302r and the world challenge boss 302s run the track key tune for their racing program. they dont care about emissions.

i am pretty sure that ford doesnt want these race cars competing with "soft spots" in their engine performance.

My red key has yet to be programmed. I am wondering if I need to even do that at this point based on what others have posted. Was it worth 400 bucks to you?

AZBOSS

Established Member
Although I didn't pick up any power or torque at WOT conditions, the TK makes the car a totally different animal on track. If you're planning on being on the road course on a regular basis, definitely get it. The car pulls much harder at part-throttle, I can use 3rd gear in places where I would have had to drop down to 2nd, and the improved engine braking makes rotating the car by lifting w/o brake much more effective.

If you're not planning to hit the road course, it's a novelty and there are other tunes out there (at the expense of your warranty).

Last edited:

Loosescrews

Established Member
ArabianOak, Congrats man! You are the one who drives your car so you would know how it feels. I'm enjoying my 5.0 for now but will be upgrading soon enough to a BOSS.

nccstud

Established Member
Is the trackey worth it. That question is entirely a matter of opinion. If you're looking for raw power, then no the trackey is not worth it. It's goal is not to boost hp. If you're looking for something that will make the car better on road courses and keep a warranty, then trackey is the way to go.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Is the trackey worth it. That question is entirely a matter of opinion. If you're looking for raw power, then no the trackey is not worth it. It's goal is not to boost hp. If you're looking for something that will make the car better on road courses and keep a warranty, then trackey is the way to go.

:beer: My sentiments exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread