JMS Tune?

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
So on one of the coyote facebook pages I see people sayin a lot of good stuff about them. They gained 41hp on a stock 15' auto GT with tune alone. Anyone on here have any experience with them or there tunes?

Yes I know everyone swears by Lund and aed etc just looking at other options to try out.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Yep, I have used JMS tunes on my Boss and my GT. Everyone down in the Gulf Coast swears by JMS. I ran 11.5's with mph as high as 123mph in my Boss (exhaust/intake), and my GT has trapped 120mph with just exhaust intake as well, both tunes were e-tunes, neither were dyno tuned. Monty has since revised my tune based on my datalogs, should trap over 120mph next time out. Most people with my mods are trapping 117-118, with very few over 120mph. It's hard to beat JMS price as well, I paid $100 for my tune and Monty has helped perfect it a few times with quick turnaround.

I also have an AED tune, which has been dataloged/revised a few times as well. The AED tune is smooth and crisp, zero complaints as well. I plan to make a few dyno pulls with both tunes, and running both tunes at the strip on 2/14, I'll post up my results.

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
That's exactly the kind of info I wanted to hear. I have a dyno tune right now and was planning on getting there tune also and then going to a dyno and doing pulls with both to compare. For the price I figure if I don't like just switch back to my dyno tune.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That's exactly the kind of info I wanted to hear. I have a dyno tune right now and was planning on getting there tune also and then going to a dyno and doing pulls with both to compare. For the price I figure if I don't like just switch back to my dyno tune.

Why not have jms do a remote tune?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member

I'd just order a tune from Monty, have him email you his Coyote Configuration file, take a few datalogs yourself, let him dial it in. Can't go wrong with AED as well. I've been switching back and forth between the 2 tunes for the past month, going to take a few logs from the dyno, then the strip, then I'll know which one is "better."

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
great post! i am on the fence between JMS and AED as well.i hear nothing but good things from both.dont forget to keep us posted.hope being at the track on valetines day doesnt leave u homeless.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i see JMS has e mail tune for $150 or a 3 -pack for $200 .anybody know what the diff. in the 3 are ? And justin alvarez is running a JMS dyno tune with converter and bolt on suspension stock intake ,stock engine running 11.06.i dont think anyone has been 10`s with stock intake NA.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
I've ran JMS tunes before and they were good tunes....the only complaint I had was getting tune revisions in a timely manner. I've heard that it has gotten much better with revisions so I would give Monty a shot at it....he can definitely tune a car....Don't believe me ask Justin Alvarez

Tx5.0

Established Member
JMS tuned my vortech 5.0 and I would recommend them to anyone. Had a remote tune first then jumped on the dyno just to get some numbers.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I had 2 full dyno tunes, multiple revisions, and tens of hours on the phone with Monty at JMS when I had my Hellion twin coyote. The man would not stop until he had the car singing. Great crew over there and excellent customer service. Definitely recommend especially if your local.

Users who are viewing this thread