Jobs report beats expectations, lowest unemployment in half century

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Where do they get the numbers?
I'm just curious...I'm currently unemployed...well my new job starts in a week but I've been off for a month...I never went to the unemployment office though so how many are not employed that have no data?

I just ended a contract and am starting a new gig full time with the largest Healthcare company in my area...was my plan after my old contract was up...I'm just curious bot lookin to start shit

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Where do they get the numbers?
I'm just curious...I'm currently unemployed...well my new job starts in a week but I've been off for a month...I never went to the unemployment office though so how many are not employed that have no data?

I just ended a contract and am starting a new gig full time with the largest Healthcare company in my area...was my plan after my old contract was up...I'm just curious bot lookin to start shit

Unemployment is calculated off of survey data. GIGO....
How the Government Measures Unemployment

Where do the statistics come from?
Early each month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor announces the total number of employed and unemployed people in the United States for the previous month, along with many characteristics about them. These figures, particularly the unemployment rate—which tells you the percentage of the labor force that is unemployed—receive wide coverage in the media.

Some people think that to get these figures on unemployment, the government uses the number of people collecting unemployment insurance (UI) benefits under state or federal government programs. But some people are still jobless when their benefits run out, and many more are not eligible at all or delay or never apply for benefits. So, quite clearly, UI information cannot be used as a source for complete information on the number of unemployed.

Other people think that the government counts every unemployed person each month. To do this, every home in the country would have to be contacted—just as in the population census every 10 years. This procedure would cost way too much and take far too long to produce the data. In addition, people would soon grow tired of having a census taker contact them every month, year after year, to ask about job-related activities.

Because unemployment insurance records relate only to people who have applied for such benefits, and since it is impractical to count every unemployed person each month, the government conducts a monthly survey called the Current Population Survey (CPS) to measure the extent of unemployment in the country. The CPS has been conducted in the United States every month since 1940, when it began as a Work Projects Administration program. In 1942, the U.S. Census Bureau took over responsibility for the CPS. The survey has been expanded and modified several times since then. In 1994, for instance, the CPS underwent a major redesign in order to computerize the interview process as well as to obtain more comprehensive and relevant information.

There are about 60,000 eligible households in the sample for this survey. This translates into approximately 110,000 individuals each month, a large sample compared to public opinion surveys, which usually cover fewer than 2,000 people. The CPS sample is selected so as to be representative of the entire population of the United States. In order to select the sample, all of the counties and independent cities in the country first are grouped into approximately 2,000 geographic areas (sampling units). The Census Bureau then designs and selects a sample of about 800 of these geographic areas to represent each state and the District of Columbia. The sample is a state-based design and reflects urban and rural areas, different types of industrial and farming areas, and the major geographic divisions of each state.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Y'all know this is the result of obama dontcha?
Trump is doing it with the Fed raising rates to try to slow the economy. Obama had zero or near zero to make his ineptness appear better than it was. Obama economy was smoke and mirrors, this is the real deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Trump is doing it with the Fed raising rates to try to slow the economy. Obama had zero or near zero to make his ineptness appear better than it was. Obama economy was smoke and mirrors, this is the real deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I think he was being sarcastic.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Y'all know this is the result of obama dontcha?

lulz.

Confidence is also a big factor. Employers are more willing to loosen up hiring when they know the next 8 years may hold more prosperity and optimism, than another 8 years of democratic policies tightening their grips on profits and growth.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I think he was being sarcastic.
X 10.
Dumbo ears spent 8 years convincing the rest of the world, we are pussies like he is.
It'll take the D a little while to right the ship. What's amazing is, how fast he's doing it!!
Take note world, we will kick your ass on trade, defense, energy, and everything else if you wanna play rough.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
i cant help but laugh at this... If i had 5 bucks for every time a major layoff was announced i wouldn't need to work. Yet we are told that there is a labor shortage and unemployment is at record lows.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I was reading comments from the Fed beige book and employers are now talking about relaxing drug testing because many applicants cannot pass a drug test.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I will be trying to fill a position here in the next month or so and will have to hire a person without experience as there are more jobs than qualified people in my field.

We have a bunch of positions open company wide. We can’t fill positions paying over twice the median income for the area.

Of course faggits with degrees in underwater cisgender studies can’t get a job. Their only skill is deep throating.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread