Joes TT Ford GT *NEW NUMBERS*

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
"if it had a set of wings man, I know she would fly....) beach boys..
Go get em joe!!!!!! Great vid on the shop and Joe.....Seems like a bunch of great people....Cullen....slo-poc...

EddieHaskell

Interweb Racing Legend
Established Member
satx said:
I have heard 22.3 for the Z06.......not huge but much more than the 19.XX for the GT or viper.
You're right, but it's not more drag.

Assuming your 19.xx is right and using 19.5 sq ft:

Z06: Drag area, Cd (0.34) x frontal area (22.3 sq ft): 7.582 sq ft
GT: Drag area, Cd (0.39) x frontal area (19.5 sq ft): 7.605 sq ft

satx

Banned
EddieHaskell said:
You're right, but it's not more drag.

Assuming your 19.xx is right and using 19.5 sq ft:

Z06: Drag area, Cd (0.34) x frontal area (22.3 sq ft): 7.582 sq ft
GT: Drag area, Cd (0.39) x frontal area (19.5 sq ft): 7.605 sq ft

exactly my point......the Z06 isn't all that slippery, especially given that it is producing lift not downforce. The viper, Z06, and GT are about equal in CdA but the GT has superior aero given the fact that it is equal in drag while producing downforce.

NSX: Drag area, Cd (.30) x frontal area (19.13): 5.739 .....that's slippery. This is why it has a 175MPH top speed with only 290 HP.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
satx said:
exactly my point......the Z06 isn't all that slippery, especially given that it is producing lift not downforce. The viper, Z06, and GT are about equal in CdA but the GT has superior aero given the fact that it is equal in drag while producing downforce.

Do you know exactly how much lift the Z actually produces? It could be 2 lbs for all we know.

Actually, the downforce would work against the GT as speed increases. Ideally, you would want to be neutral for top speed.

The only reason the GT has a higher top speed is simply because of better gearing and more HP. There have been a few reports of the Z06 hitting 202 in europe somewhere, exceeding GM's figures. Give it 525 rwhp and it would probably be dead even with the GT.

Last edited:

94gts

I need more money
Established Member
anyone have any updates???

:banana:

i have been all over the internet and cant find anything LOL

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Does this car ever make it down the 1/4 mile? its seems its just a dyno queen. a very good dyno queen indeed but id like to know what this thing runs.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Does this car ever make it down the 1/4 mile? its seems its just a dyno queen. a very good dyno queen indeed but id like to know what this thing runs.

Not a 1/4 mile car. It's a street racer.

Last I heard Joe moved to NC and the car hadn't moved in awhile. That was a long time ago though.

bmxer89

Established Member
Car is sick as hell, but why nitto drags on a 1,000hp car? Other better choices for dr's

Users who are viewing this thread