Joes TT Ford GT *NEW NUMBERS*

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The new SRT-10 coupe is 0.39. The vert is a bit higher. I believe the Gen II GTS is 0.35-0.36, pretty good, but the RT/10 is around 0.5

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
The new SRT-10 coupe is 0.39. The vert is a bit higher. I believe the Gen II GTS is 0.35-0.36, pretty good, but the RT/10 is around 0.5

The SRT10 coupe has the same cd as the Cherokee SRT8.

satx

Banned
californiacuda said:
Why is the cd for the c6 so low in comparison to other competing vehicles?

it doesn't have to produce downforce. The vettes also have a very large frontal area so even though the Cd looks very good, they aren't all that slippery.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
satx said:
The vettes also have a very large frontal area so even though the Cd looks very good, they aren't all that slippery.

Are you crazy?

Do you have any facts to back that up?

The vette, whatever you may think about it, is a very efficient design.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
I was under the impression that the C6 and C6Z had differing CD and possibly frontal areas?

that is correct. the CD for the C6 is .28 and the CD for the Z06 is .34

the cd for the ford GT is .39

the cd on my viper is .35

different types of vipers have different CD's just like the CD on vettes changes depending on wether its a gen 5 or gen 6. ragtops and roadsters have the worst cd's both vette and viper

Last edited:

satx

Banned
californiacuda said:
According to car and driver the corvette c6 frontal area is 21.6 sq ft, hardly huge.

I have heard 22.3 for the Z06.......not huge but much more than the 19.XX for the GT or viper.

satx

Banned
Fast Freddy said:
the cd for the ford GT is .39

got a source? This info is not published as far as I know. That number has been thrown around due to an article that said "less than .40".

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
satx said:
got a source? This info is not published as far as I know. That number has been thrown around due to an article that said "less than .40".

Motor trend has published it, but I can't remember what issue. I think it was the one with the mile shootout.

Ford has also published it in one of their SAE papers.

0.39 is it

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
:D :-D I think the car was more impressive when it just had a 50 shot, pulley, exhaust, filter, and tune and ran 10.44@144mph. Obviously it is much badder now, but it also has some unreal money in it.

IMO to take any car and drop a couple K in it like they did and run 144mph is freaking awesome. Ford GT's are my favorite car anyone want to loan me 100K?:shrug:

satx

Banned
GTSpartan said:
Ford has also published it in one of their SAE papers.

0.39 is it

that's the one that says less than .40......I don't believe the number is published. The carrera gt is .396 Cd and makes more drag per motor trend (test with the enzo, gt and gt).

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
satx said:
that's the one that says less than .40......I don't believe the number is published. The carrera gt is .396 Cd and makes more drag per motor trend (test with the enzo, gt and gt).

It's right on pg 50 Motor Trend June '06 0.39 Cd

Users who are viewing this thread