Joes TT Ford GT *NEW NUMBERS*

rezcobra

Established Member
roadracer247 said:
Big time money producing big time power...Hey LeoGSVT, did your friend Joe earn the money for that car himself? I remember reading about his car on another forum and a lot of people were asking if he was just some rich kid or if he actually earned it himself...

WTF? Anyway its good that someone is willing to not only test a stock Ford GT but actually mod it to its most extreme. Isn't that what it's all about? So with the new set-up do you have any info what the HP/Tq is at the engine?:pop:

jj1987

Established Member
03AZRoush said:
We all know Joe is gonna get upset that its not fast enough when he runs another bike. Why didnt they just bore the motor out now? Its bound to happen sooner or later. Then he could be around 1300-1500hp and practically untouchable. I wanna see some slicks on and have it run at the track. Can anyone say 8's?:rockon:
Slicks wont fit on the GT because of the sizes made and the huge rear brakes. That's what I was told at least...... :nono:

I'll get the owner to post on here when the other TT GT is running at the track. It will more than likely be Gainesville, but only one solid run because of the 11.5 rule. Of course if you can't make it, video will be provided :rockon:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
^^^ The car is a road car, let it kick the snot out of all of the above mentioned cars on a track (one with turns). Slicks on a GT? C'mon now.

natedog_1959

Established Member
DBK said:
Bzzzzz....Wrong. The S7TT does not have more traction than Joe's car the way he has run it on the street. The S7TT weighs so much less that it has almost no chance of putting it's power down on the tires it comes on. I'm not sure what aerodynamics would have to do with traction.

And yes, I have been in both of these cars at WOT.

I'm not talking about from a dig. I'm talking about from a roll. Neither of these cars would be able to hook from a dig without drag radials. The Saleen is a ground effects car. It can theoretically glue itself to the ceiling above 160 mph. The faster the car goes, the more traction it has. It comes stock with 345 mm tires if I'm not mistaken. you could change those out to NT-01's or whatever Joe's car is running and have much better traction than Joe's car. The Saleen also has a top speed of 250+ mph. I don't see the GT, with it's much poorer aerodynamics, attaining that any time soon. As for racing bike, there are many turbo Hayabusa's that would murder any of the cars we have mentioned in this post, both in the quarter mile and in top speed (given a crazy enough driver/rider). Nate

Fourcam330

Established Member
natedog_1959 said:
I'm not talking about from a dig. I'm talking about from a roll. Neither of these cars would be able to hook from a dig without drag radials. The Saleen is a ground effects car. It can theoretically glue itself to the ceiling above 160 mph. The faster the car goes, the more traction it has. It comes stock with 345 mm tires if I'm not mistaken. you could change those out to NT-01's or whatever Joe's car is running and have much better traction than Joe's car. The Saleen also has a top speed of 250+ mph. I don't see the GT, with it's much poorer aerodynamics, attaining that any time soon. As for racing bike, there are many turbo Hayabusa's that would murder any of the cars we have mentioned in this post, both in the quarter mile and in top speed (given a crazy enough driver/rider). Nate

Am I reading this correctly? You don't think Joe's GT can hit 250mph?

Fourcam330

Established Member
A stock Ford GT (~525rw) can hit 200mph+, I find it comical that someone thinks that one with 1200rwhp+ can't hit 250.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Gearing might not allow for it, but I don't know for sure. Those fuel economy gears (6th) might just be too tall, even if you had 2000 hp.

Just a thought

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
I don't think it would be too tall to pull with that much power, but regardless, you could always swap the diff gear.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
natedog_1959 said:
It can theoretically glue itself to the ceiling above 160 mph. The faster the car goes, the more traction it has.

An S7 has never been tested over 250(that I know of; I've only seen that it has 223mph in it's 6th gear redline), but that's beside the point. You're not spinning your tires at 170mph in either of these cars. Whether or not the car produces a lot of downforce at 160mph, that's not going to contribute to accelerative force at that point, because the car is long hooked. If there isn't any slip occurring in the first place, the mechanical and aerodynamic forces that aid acceleration during slip is moot.

As for the ultimate speed, my GT has easily sailed past 200mph pulling at an appreciable rate with a pulley only(5th Gear, didn't look at RPM). Given more road I'm confident it would go 220. I've got a friend in Italy with the same who has pegged the speedo at 220. I have no reason to doubt him. And I've got in-car video using racelogic equipment at Nardo of the car pulling 211.89mph with the stock power. I think 1200rwhp would be good for 250+.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
As for racing bike, there are many turbo Hayabusa's that would murder any of the cars we have mentioned in this post, both in the quarter mile and in top speed (given a crazy enough driver/rider). Nate

You're not taking into consideration the aerodynamics of a bike. They arent as good as a cars like this, i.e the R&T 1 mile test with the MV Augusta; it was severely limited by aero at like 175 wasnt it?. But I really dont know, I would bet a turbo Huyabusa could hit 230 no ploblem with the power it has, its just stability and control at that point that I would be afraid of.

natedog_1959

Established Member
The MV is weaksauce compared to a 300-500 HP Turbo Hayabusa in terms of power and possibly even aerodynamics. There are multiple videos of turbo Haybusa's running 230-250 mph with no sweat.

In that R&T standing mile test the 750 HP S7 kicked the crap out of the stock GT. It passed the mile around 1000 ft ahead and 25 mph faster than the GT. Given a 1000 HP GT and a 1000 HP S7, the S7 will come out ahead every time. The mfr. estimate for the 750 HP Saleen is 248 mph (drag limited). I have no doubt the 1000 HP model will hit or eclipse that.

I have also found many quarter mile figures (10.5 @ 145 mph) for the saleen and only one video in which Joe attempted to commit automotive suicide with his beautiful car.

I feel the S7TT is quicker, faster, better around corners/braking zones, and better to look at. That is my opinion and I'm stickin with it. I love the GT but for 3-4 times the price, the Saleen should, and does win in this supercar battle royale.

But hey, we can agree to disagree. Nate

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
A Hayabusa's speedo will be wildly innacurate at that speed. Again, that's beside the point.

I'm not sure what stock performance has to do with any of this. A 750 crank horsepower car that weighs 2900 lbs is going to be faster than a 575 crank hp car that weighs 3400 pounds. This is not news.

But it a race in the real world outside of a magazine or estimate, Joe's car is going to roll the S7TT hard, in any variation you're going to get from Saleen. Like I said, I've been in both of these cars and Joe's car is just faster. I'll ask Steve exactly how fast the TT has been next time I see him...

natedog_1959 said:
The MV is weaksauce compared to a 300-500 HP Turbo Hayabusa in terms of power and possibly even aerodynamics. There are multiple videos of turbo Haybusa's running 230-250 mph with no sweat.

Last edited:

natedog_1959

Established Member
DBK, where are you pulling all this extra horsepower from? 1000HP + lighter, more aerodynamic car beats 1000HP + heavier, less aerodynamic car every time. Unless you can show me some numbers that a GT is more aerodynamic than an S7, I'm calling bunk on your, "I've ridden in both at different times" logic. Nate

natedog_1959

Established Member
I just found some aero #'s for both cars.

Saleen = .29

GT = .39

That makes a HUGE difference above 200 mph. That is why the standard S7 with 550 HP will blow the standard GT with 550 HP away in acceleration and top speed. Nate.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
natedog_1959 said:
DBK, where are you pulling all this extra horsepower from? 1000HP + lighter, more aerodynamic car beats 1000HP + heavier, less aerodynamic car every time. Unless you can show me some numbers that a GT is more aerodynamic than an S7, I'm calling bunk on your, "I've ridden in both at different times" logic. Nate

The GT is 1200rwhp. The S7TT is (at most) 1000 crank horsepower. That's more than a 300 crank horsepower gap(at least), and that's being optimistic on the driveline loss for the S7. Make it the 750 crank horsepower version and it's about 600 horsepower less. Not that complicated.

By the way, I was in the cars on the same day, back to back, within 30 minutes of each other.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
natedog_1959 said:
I just found some aero #'s for both cars.

Saleen = .29

GT = .39

That makes a HUGE difference above 200 mph. That is why the standard S7 with 550 HP will blow the standard GT with 550 HP away in acceleration and top speed. Nate.

.Cd is a marketers tool to fool mag racers. It's an indication of how slippery a given surface is. Absolute drag is what counts (true frontal area X .cd). This is why the GT with it's higher cd and ~525rwhp will go 212mph and why a C6 Z06 is drag limited to 198mph with a .31 cd.. I don't think you understand aerodynamics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread