Joe's Twin Turbo Ford GT Breaks 1000rwhp!!!

LeoGSVT

Banned
just got done doing some mild race gas pulls...the dyno maxed out at 1000rwhp so its making more than that...here is the chart
download.php

Captain Beyond

Established Member
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Holy tapdancing christ!!!

As much as I want a GT with similiar power I think maybe it's best that I never own one. One highway romp and there'd be nothing left of me except some teeth and bone fragments embedded into a tree about 100 yards from where I crashed.

Fourcam330

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
this is not his stoping power either...he wants to see what 26-28lbs will land him...

Is he going to wait until after it blows to build the motor? I'm going to enjoy watching this car (attempt to) hook in your upcoming videos. :-D

Last edited:

mrGT

Established Member
Kovachian said:
Holy tapdancing christ!!!

As much as I want a GT with similiar power I think maybe it's best that I never own one. One highway romp and there'd be nothing left of me except some teeth and bone fragments embedded into a tree about 100 yards from where I crashed.
Thanks for the laugh....that is entirely too funny!! Yur a very bad guy!

satx

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Is he going to wait until after it blows to build the motor? I'm going to enjoy watching this car (attempt to) hook in your upcoming videos. :-D

what do you see as the weak link in the GT's bottom end?

what do you see as the limit as far as boost is concerned on a fully built motor on race fuel?

Last edited:

- Aj -

Established Member
Cheese and rice! Guess he is not worried about the car financially. Keep us posted with the updates!

Fourcam330

Established Member
satx said:
what do you see as the weak link in the GT's bottom end?

It was built by Ford :) I'm not sure there's a "weak link" per say as long as the factory rev limit is honored. At 1000rwhp+ nothing lasts forever, or even close really. When building for that kind of power only premium parts, like billet rods (7/16" rod bolts) and aftermarket slugs (CPs, etc.) should be used. ARP longblock hardware would also be a great idea. Upgrading to higher quality bearings like FM and SS rings would also help matters.
I'm not saying the motor's going to blow immediately, but it's running on borrowed time at that power level.

what do you see as the limit as far as boost is concerned on a fully built motor on race fuel?

You'd be solely power adder limited. John M. makes 2000HP (flywheel) with twin 72s on a 4.6. Of course there comes a point when extra power is pointless, merely helping to put the motor to an earlier death, as it's not going to hook with that much hp/tq anyway. Basically the sky and your wallet are the only limiting factors.

Users who are viewing this thread