Joe's Twin Turbo Ford GT Breaks 1000rwhp!!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
that thing hit 1000RWHP before the 5k RPM mark..This thing is gonna make some mad power.

You're looking at the TQ curve, HP/TQ are scaled differently so they don't cross at 5250rpm. It only gets above 1000rwhp near the fuel cutoff. Regardless, 800rwhp from 4600-redline is still pretty badass.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
You're looking at the TQ curve, HP/TQ are scaled differently so they don't cross at 5250rpm. It only gets above 1000rwhp near the fuel cutoff. Regardless, 800rwhp from 4600-redline is still pretty badass.
yep my bad...oh well guess I should look more closely before opening my mouth.

Thanks!!

94_302

Established Member
I am visiting some family in Jax and low and behold as we are crossing blanding to go to Sonny's what do I see but Joe's Ford GT turning on to blanding. It sounded INCREDIBLE it seriously made my day. I am pretty sure it was him, I doubt there are any other red with white stripe Ford GT's in Jax with it looked like 3 stickers on the banner area of the windshield. I think I am in love. :bowdown:

LeoGSVT

Banned
94_302 said:
I am visiting some family in Jax and low and behold as we are crossing blanding to go to Sonny's what do I see but Joe's Ford GT turning on to blanding. It sounded INCREDIBLE it seriously made my day. I am pretty sure it was him, I doubt there are any other red with white stripe Ford GT's in Jax with it looked like 3 stickers on the banner area of the windshield. I think I am in love. :bowdown:

thats him!!...HP performance is on off of blanding, that is where the car is at right now...doing some extra tooning : )

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I have a question, is he making this a drag car?

Because that dis. me. I would want to beat the hell out of that on a road corse not make it for straight lines.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
fordification said:
is it safe to say it would now hit 250mph? what would it's aerodynamic limit be?[/QUOTE

It would all depend on gearing. 250 would definately be pushing it.

XRQTOR

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Hey mate, you wouldn't know what the GT heads flow stock would you.

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
fordification said:
is it safe to say it would now hit 250mph? what would it's aerodynamic limit be?

The standard car has its top speed in 5th, it doesn't have enough power to pull 200+ in 6th.

There are a couple gearing charts on page 16 of this Roush pdf (big file, right-click to save) http://www.roushind.com/news_downloads/tech_papers/2004-01-1252.pdf

Here's a quickie calculation:

Aerodynamic drag is the dominant factor in top speed, and to double the top speed, you need 2^3, or eight times the horsepower.

If this car has 1000 horsepower versus 550 stock, that's 1.82 times the original horsepower.

The cube root of 1.82 is 1.22, so if the gearing is ok, this car might have a top speed about 1.22 times the stock car, or.....

About 250 mph.

Last edited:

94_302

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
thats him!!...HP performance is on off of blanding, that is where the car is at right now...doing some extra tooning : )

I can't wait to hear the final numbers and see some video of it after the final tuning. I just can't get over how incredible it sounded. :rockon:

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
fordification said:
is it safe to say it would now hit 250mph? what would it's aerodynamic limit be?[/QUOTE

It would all depend on gearing. 250 would definately be pushing it.

Anyone know what the Veyron's coefficient of drag is vs. the GTs?

chuckstang

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
just got done doing some mild race gas pulls...the dyno maxed out at 1000rwhp so its making more than that...here is the chart
download.php

holy crap. ur black cobra is sick!
any more pix? did u rebuild by choice or forced?
if you ever sell it, let me know :beer:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford GT Fan said:
The standard car has its top speed in 5th, it doesn't have enough power to pull 200+ in 6th.

There are a couple gearing charts on page 16 of this Roush pdf (big file, right-click to save) http://www.roushind.com/news_downloads/tech_papers/2004-01-1252.pdf

Here's a quickie calculation:

Aerodynamic drag is the dominant factor in top speed, and to double the top speed, you need 2^3, or eight times the horsepower.

If this car has 1000 horsepower versus 550 stock, that's 1.82 times the original horsepower.

The cube root of 1.82 is 1.22, so if the gearing is ok, this car might have a top speed about 1.22 times the stock car, or.....

About 250 mph.

+1

Obviously this GT would redline 5th long before 250, so 6th wwould have to do the deed assuming no gear changes.

You would need to take a stock GT and see how fast it could go in 6th then apply the formula of ~1.22 to that to get your theoretical top speed.

Example

175 in 6th = 214 with 1000rwhp
185 in 6th = 226 " "
195 = 238

and so on.

250 would be tough

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford GT Fan said:

I see what you're saying now. :idea:

Interesting way of putting it

That however, is a very theoretical calculation with too many variables to simply apply that simple equation to.

The max allowable speed with the tranny in 6th and 6500 redline is 259. That does not take into account ANY resistance.

There is only one way to find out :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread