John lund tune questions (lots) lol

skysoldier

Established Member
Hey guys, thanks for viewing first off. Ok so I am doing alot of work on my car at once and I need advice. I am adding Posi race port TB/PL,2.93 upper, 4lb lower,Mafia MAF ext, 63 lb inj, KB BAB, billetflow 4 piece idler set, 3.2 alternator pulley and i think thats it. There is a local dyno here in el paso but i am really really turned off to them, so the question is with those mods would a John lund tune be safe? I have a sct tuner but the with the mafia MAF extension can i even do that? I saw the email tunes say ONLY SCT products, does this include the MAF? Also how would i send the datalogged info back for corrections if needed? I also know you cant just plug in the Mafia maf extension but if Lund does the tune how would i go about tuning the Mafia, just tune it while its plugged in? Thanks guys, sorry for grammer errors and stupid questions in advance.

TRBO VNM

You would give Jon your mod list and he will tell you what setting to put the mafia on. I can tell you right it would be 3 based on your mods. He will already have the tune setup based on that setting.

Yes, if you do logs and email them, he will make corrections if needed. He would probably just send you a base tune that is safe for those mods. Then you can do idle/rev and cruise logs and he can adjust to dial that in. Then if you have access to a wideband or a dyno that can provide the data to Jon, you can log some pulls and send those as well. You can set it up to do remote tuning if you want.

skysoldier

Established Member
may be a retarded question, but how do you tune the Mafia? does it hook up to the sct tuner? With the tuner how do I save datalogs? Short of doing the remote session how close will the tune be at WOT with just idle/revs and cruise logs sent? And thanks for the response I appreciate it.

YuGneLrn2Day

Established Member
may be a retarded question, but how do you tune the Mafia? does it hook up to the sct tuner? With the tuner how do I save datalogs? Short of doing the remote session how close will the tune be at WOT with just idle/revs and cruise logs sent? And thanks for the response I appreciate it.

The Mafia attaches to your stock MAF. Jon would send you a config file with certain parameters he'll want to see for you to use on a laptop, and you save them on your laptop and e-mail them to him. Remote sessions tune should be right on as log as you give him datalogs, and A/F ratio at WOT.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Your mods are pretty basic and I honestly don't think a remote tune is needed. Email him your mod list and verify the tune he sends on a dyno.

With that said, I'm in SA and I tune with Jon on almost a daily basis. Send me a pm if you're interested.

mach1033

Established Member
Doesnt the SCT handheld show A/F? He would need a buddy to sit in the passenger seat as he does a 3rd gear pull. I like to watch the road a head of me instead of staring at a gauge as I'm going WOT lol.

cobracide

Established Member
Hey guys, thanks for viewing first off. Ok so I am doing alot of work on my car at once and I need advice. I am adding Posi race port TB/PL,2.93 upper, 4lb lower,Mafia MAF ext, 63 lb inj, KB BAB, billetflow 4 piece idler set, 3.2 alternator pulley and i think thats it.
Go with a 3.5 alt pulley with that. Underspin it slightly.

There is a local dyno here in el paso but i am really really turned off to them, so the question is with those mods would a John lund tune be safe?

I have heard nothing but good things about John. Very respected but no personal experience there. Have you asked John any of your other tuning questions? I'd think he would be happy to fill you in.. The process may sound strange but I'm pretty sure John (as well as more than a few others) has been doing this for years.. Safely.

This link over at SCT can help you out.. Downloading tunes, loading them.. ect.
http://www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.php

Good luck and let us know how it works out. Great combo, you wil love it!

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
Nice, this thread has alot of good information. Do you think he would be able to remote tune a E85 car as well? I'm guessing the process would be the same. I've heard great things about his tunes.

TRBO VNM

Doesnt the SCT handheld show A/F? He would need a buddy to sit in the passenger seat as he does a 3rd gear pull. I like to watch the road a head of me instead of staring at a gauge as I'm going WOT lol.

Lol, idle/rev/cruise do not need a/f logs. On the dyno you don't have to worry about watching the road.

Nice, this thread has alot of good information. Do you think he would be able to remote tune a E85 car as well? I'm guessing the process would be the same. I've heard great things about his tunes.

Yes. Same situation and he has done plenty of e85 tunes and remotely.

skysoldier

Established Member
Your mods are pretty basic and I honestly don't think a remote tune is needed. Email him your mod list and verify the tune he sends on a dyno.

With that said, I'm in SA and I tune with Jon on almost a daily basis. Send me a pm if you're interested.

I agree, the most unpredictable thing would be the port. I plan on putting everything on then flash the tune on, tune the MAF, and driving it do a Dyno to verify the tune. Then if its off i would email the results to him for an update/corrections. I just dont wanna blow my engine on the way to the dyno or on the dyno is my only concern. I just wanna make sure thats a decent plan. Thanks to everyone for the help

TRBO VNM

Just make sure when you go to confirm on the dyno that you get a log with a/f and rpm at a minimum. Talk to him and he can tell you what you need. Tell him what type of dyno it will be on.

Users who are viewing this thread