John Lund won't tune this set up without a BAP

HP7

Established Member
Seriously?

bj

I did not mean to insinuate that VMP doesn't care if my motor goes boom. I think that goes without saying. I was just pointing out that there seems to be a gap in the requirements of two equally good tuners.

Anyway, I bought the VMP pump voltage booster. Maybe you can shed some light on how the 2011-2012 unit works. http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-fuel-system/vmpamppnp-y/ How come this only has one voltage booster split for both FPDMs? Is this unit different than the single version for the GT: http://vmptuning.com/fuel-system/vmpamp/

Thanks for your help.

imbuggin

Established Member
I think I have an extra BAP that I used for a year before changing me setup that I would sell. If you interested shoot me a message and I will find it.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I did not mean to insinuate that VMP doesn't care if my motor goes boom. I think that goes without saying. I was just pointing out that there seems to be a gap in the requirements of two equally good tuners.

Anyway, I bought the VMP pump voltage booster. Maybe you can shed some light on how the 2011-2012 unit works. http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-fuel-system/vmpamppnp-y/ How come this only has one voltage booster split for both FPDMs? Is this unit different than the single version for the GT: http://vmptuning.com/fuel-system/vmpamp/

Thanks for your help.

First of all, the forum is not the way to reach us when you have a question. Please feel free to call us, email us.....even PM us, but the chances of one of us just happening by this is slim.

To your question:

The 11-12 cars use one booster module and a y-harness to feed both FPDMs. The 11-12 cars are the only ones that can do that. 07-10 and 13-14 utilize two units.

Jon is 100% correct in requesting a booster for this. Remember, just because it's a 'stock' pulley you're not dealing with apples to apples. It's a different blower.

Bumping your voltage up from 14 to 17 is not going to hurt anything. Boosters.....or linear amplifiers...have been used for years with no ill effects. The advantage to ours are:

1. Plug and Play. No goofing around with splicing, which wigs a lot of people out.

2. Ease of installation. About 5 minutes if you take your time.

3. No Hobbs switch like Brand K. The Hobbs switch is, in our opinion, another point of failure and delay. Most people hard wire those in anyway, so when we designed ours, the direct wire/plug and play method was obvious.

Hook it up, get your car tuned and enjoy. Get your butt to Byron or the Grove and go do some racing.

Thanks for your purchase.

bj

HP7

Established Member
First of all, the forum is not the way to reach us when you have a question. Please feel free to call us, email us.....even PM us, but the chances of one of us just happening by this is slim.

To your question:

The 11-12 cars use one booster module and a y-harness to feed both FPDMs. The 11-12 cars are the only ones that can do that. 07-10 and 13-14 utilize two units.

Jon is 100% correct in requesting a booster for this. Remember, just because it's a 'stock' pulley you're not dealing with apples to apples. It's a different blower.

Bumping your voltage up from 14 to 17 is not going to hurt anything. Boosters.....or linear amplifiers...have been used for years with no ill effects. The advantage to ours are:

1. Plug and Play. No goofing around with splicing, which wigs a lot of people out.

2. Ease of installation. About 5 minutes if you take your time.

3. No Hobbs switch like Brand K. The Hobbs switch is, in our opinion, another point of failure and delay. Most people hard wire those in anyway, so when we designed ours, the direct wire/plug and play method was obvious.

Hook it up, get your car tuned and enjoy. Get your butt to Byron or the Grove and go do some racing.

Thanks for your purchase.

bj

Thanks BJ for your reply.

I understand this is not the best way to reach you guys but I wanted this information to be available should others have the same question. (Can I just purchase a 11-14 Mustang GT voltage booster and split it to both FPDMs for 2011-12 GT500s?) The answer is Yes.

I look forward to getting this baby out next spring after the new clutch and tune. Should be a fun time. :) Appreciate everyone's advice, really glad I joined this forum.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thanks BJ for your reply.

I understand this is not the best way to reach you guys but I wanted this information to be available should others have the same question. (Can I just purchase a 11-14 Mustang GT voltage booster and split it to both FPDMs for 2011-12 GT500s?) The answer is Yes.

I look forward to getting this baby out next spring after the new clutch and tune. Should be a fun time. :) Appreciate everyone's advice, really glad I joined this forum.

The answer is 'sort of' yes. Can you? Up to you. SHOULD you? No.

We only use one and implement the Y-harness because we've tested it and know for a fact that it works with no degradation. Start splitting and wiring stuff yourself and you're now on your own. To save $100 and lose the PNP/proven system is not the best choice. But, some folks have or feel the need to save that dough. I get it.

bj

Last edited:

HP7

Established Member
The answer is 'sort of' yes. Can you? Up to you. SHOULD you? No.

We only use one and implement the Y-harness because we've tested it and know for a fact that it works with no degradation. Start splitting and wiring stuff yourself and you're now on your own. To save $100 and lose the PNP/proven system is not the best choice. But, some folks have or feel the need to save that dough. I get it.

bj

Oh definitely, completely agree. If you do not know how to solder and make solid connections then test for degradation, I would suggest not to do it. But hey, some people like to do things themselves and have the skills so why not do it.

I understand where you're coming from though, thank you for clarifying. I wouldn't want someone reading this thread a few years from now and thinking they can just twist and tape some wires and that will work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread