Jon vs. Justin's tune for a 2011 GT500

luv2spedup

Established Member
I have been thinking about getting a basic tune / power package including intake, pulley and a tune etc... However, I am torn between Jon and Justin's tune leaning towards Jon.
I am new to Mustangs, and i know both the tuners are very reputable. So i have to ask what are pro's and cons of picking one tuner over the other.
Any suggestions and comments are welcome and appreciated.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Id go with the guy who you can actually contact instead of getting the run around from Lund and his business. That operation is a joke.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Both tuners are great, Justin at VMP always answers my calls and is very helpful witch is why he is my tuner. but Lund does have great tunes, I have tried both and there almost identical.

SuperFly03

Established Member
I cannot speak to Lund (zero experience) but my experience with VMP was awesome.

When I got my tune Justin found I had mad belt slip and he got me all fixed on site (Fun Ford Weekend) and tuned up.

Great communication all around. BJ text me when I was working on the install to see how it was going.

Dont find that kind of service often. If I ever need anything, I know where my money is going.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I had a lund tune previously....now tuned by Bill Miller at Pro Edge tuning here in CT. I know Justin and do tons of biz with him. If you want your tune in a timely manner VMP without question.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I can't speak about the other guy but B.J. is a racer and answers phone calls and emails promptly. Excellent guy to know if you plan to build your car up.

mailto:[email protected]

VMP! Email BJ and you will have a response quickly followed up by a phone conversation.

This weekend is unusual in that BJ is relocating from Chicago to Florida to be located at VMP headquarters. So his response time might be delayed due to traveling.

You will glad you went with Justin and BJ.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I've PM'ed/posted on threads and both Justin and BJ were very responsive to my questions. Not really tune related but other questions.

Having said that I've always ran Lund tunes and never had an issue. I've gone to the Lund Tuning site registered as was suggested to me by Van. I then logged in each time I needed a tune update and rec'd a response from Jon Lund II in a timely manner answering all my questions and providing the tune updates I needed in plenty of time before I needed them. I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about with the delay but, I've not seen any delays to date and have no issues at all using them. I will continue to use them going forward....

I think it's all in who you started with or maybe if you had a bad experience with one the other is better now to you. Things happen...and sometimes people don't respond for whatever reason...anyway...just my .02. I'm quite happy with my tune and experience with Lund and will continue to use them....

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I run a VMP tune. I picked up a SCT tuner that had a Lund tune in it. I ask to have the tune redone since I had changed the car from the original tune. Email, call, nothing. Finally after months, I received a email stating they were backed up and blah blah blah about the original tune.

Called VMP, had tune next day. Tune was fine. I have since gone with VMP. Take for what its worth, not saying Lund is bad, but MYexperience with them was not up to par thus the reason I went to VMP. My experience with them has been great.

Last edited:

luv2spedup

Established Member
All, thank you for your feedback and opinions, it is really helpful, and i hope to find continued help and direction from the folks here on the forums.

thgt500

Established Member
beynub.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread