Just Another CPR TURBO BUILD

Flaco1

Established Member
It's been awhile since I've had my car running since I blew my motor when the timing sprocket broke causing me to redo a whole new setup. My old setup was 2.9 Whipple with MMR 1000 when I purchased it didn't offer the billet sprocket at the time when I got it built. It was costly mistake on my part hitting the rev limiter breaking the timing sprocket. So after seeing all of this CPR turbo builds I figured I would have to try the kool aid as well. So I got with Dustin and pulled the trigger 80/96 turbo with a/w intercooler. This turbo kit is top notch and the filament was great. Thanks to Dustin for building a great kit and great costumer service. Then I figured might as well start with a solid bottom end so I got with MMR and got a pro mod 1500 sleeved short block. Thanks to MMR for the help when building the short block. After putting all together I got with Chris Mastwolf to work his magic on the tuning. Hopefully I can get to the track soon and see what it can do. Thanks to Chris for getting it dialed in and putting down 1045 rwhp 858 torque on 23 psi.

ec4061eaeff58198c0b68b6546a0fa80.jpg
96a663239e972ba00ea2a376126429c0.jpg
34784e99167dab8c5ea1fdefbf232b33.jpg
https://vimeo.com/171257901

evolve

Established Member
That snail is massive! Good looking build. You need one of those signs warning children, old people and small animals not to get sucked into that thing.

Last edited:

wormriddle

Established Member
I like seeing this! I have a kit coming too, did you look at anyone local for a tune or just Chris Holmes? I have him in mind to tune mine also.

Flaco1

Established Member
I like seeing this! I have a kit coming too, did you look at anyone local for a tune or just Chris Holmes? I have him in mind to tune mine also.

I had a couple in mind either remote tuning or had to drive a couple of hours away. But since Chris is local here and has a similar car with the cpr kit and been tuning others I couldn't go wrong. Good to respond when we where data logging back and forth. You will be in great hands.

Flaco1

Established Member
That snail is massive! Good looking build. You need one of those signs warning children, old people and small animals not to get sucked into that thing.

Thanks. But the bad thing about is that people don't it's coming until it's to late. At idle my kids and wife say it's quieter then my Whipple setup.

CPRsm

With air filter thru full exhaust and no cutouts. In a 105 degree shop!!!! Lmao
No your 3in down pipe can't do that.

Nice job dude. Long build associated w normal teething problems. Glad you touched it out and didn't burn it to the ground

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
You definitely have a solid setup, it was a pleasure to tune!

Don't forget this is WITHOUT the air to water even coming on. Can't wait to get this guy to the track!

Long live the 6r80!

[video=youtube;HO-784_9c8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-784_9c8Y[/video]

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

Hit me up if you wanna talk.

I may not be Ordnance tho... :thumbsup:

rotarymagic

Established Member
Best thing about those ordies is when you get corrosion to paint their jerseys with "IYOYAS" instead, they don't notice till after cruise hahaha!

wormriddle

Established Member
Hit me up if you wanna talk.

I may not be Ordnance tho... :thumbsup:

I won't hold it against you. I'll definitely hit you up when the time comes, and it shouldn't be long.

Best thing about those ordies is when you get corrosion to paint their jerseys with "IYOYAS" instead, they don't notice till after cruise hahaha!

haha!! YES!!! That's pretty good. That's probably something my guys would fall for too, I'd make em still wear it. Thanks, I got a good laugh out of this one.

Users who are viewing this thread