Just bought a new BB Storm

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
And I LOVE it! I was kinda wondering if I'd like it since I was leaning towards the Iphone, and the BB Storms I messed with at the Verizon store were slow. Well I ended up buying one for $199.99 and it also comes with a $50 mail in rebate. The out of the box settings suck but I went to crackberry.com and there is a link of tips and tricks to make it run better. Canged some of the touch screen settings and it's just as smooth and fast as the Iphone. The browser is better, the gps is better, the email options are MUCH better, it takes video and the quality isn't really that bad at all for a cell phone video. I think the biggest plus about the iphone is itunes. But with the BB all I had to do is install V-cast music with rhapsody and it's just as easy. Just thought I'd share my experiences with the Storm. I love it, and wouldn't trade it for any other phone on the market right now.

Juruense

Banned
No, the same is true of iPhone owners. EVERYBODY loves the choice THEY made.

I have a basic cell phone that is good at making cell phone calls, it also takes decent pictures for some unknown reason.

I do not even know the model number, do not care.

Last edited:

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I was a BB Storm user for 3 weeks before I returned it to Verizon, and in summary with the software, and physical features of the phone is..GOOD LUCK! If you use it for business, then I say it will be a new adventure for your patience. I own the Bold now, and have a great opinion on this phone.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
I upgraded to it from a Treo 700w about a month ago and Ill say a good part of me still misses having an actual keyboard. I am getting better with the virtual but I dont think ill ever be as fast with it, that being said I still love my Storm. It still does little quirky things from time to time but im used to that thanks to the Treo.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
man if you knew how many storm users i sold iPhones too....

yikes.

But hey hope it works out for you

99caddysts

Established Member
How's the battery life on the Storm?

I don't think I could deal with having a battery that doesn't last a full day.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Battery life is excellent for the most part (2 days easy). I'm downloading the new beta OS now.

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
After a full day and a half my batter is barely 1/8th drained. This is using os .90 tho.. it was more of a battery hog on .75.

NickFL

New Whipple *****!!
Established Member
Mine...

Mine is a battery hog...I went from a Curve to this, and I am not so excited about it to this point. I get phantom resets a few times a day. The screen seems to be very slow from application to application. You say it is nice to be able to take video, and I agree, IF THE VIDEO WORKED! I continue to get error messages when I try to save the video that I take. I might be going back to the Curve...

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Mine is a battery hog...I went from a Curve to this, and I am not so excited about it to this point. I get phantom resets a few times a day. The screen seems to be very slow from application to application. You say it is nice to be able to take video, and I agree, IF THE VIDEO WORKED! I continue to get error messages when I try to save the video that I take. I might be going back to the Curve...

Check your OS. If you got your Storm in early December, your OS is .65 most likely and blows. I'm running the .99 beta OS, and it's so much quicker.

NickFL

New Whipple *****!!
Established Member
Two weeks...

I have had it for two weeks. I have also heard that using the Beta OS will pick up a few bugs as well...

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member

Seriously, head over to crackberry.com and update your OS, you wont be disappointed.

I have ZERO problems on .90

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
man if you knew how many storm users i sold iPhones too....

yikes.

But hey hope it works out for you

I wonder how many of those were in the first week of Storm sales? Everyone says "OMG this phone is so slow, I hate it, I'm taking it back" when they could have waited a little longer and gotten an OS upgrade. Now there have been around 4 different upgrades and people's phones are working great.

Didn't the iphone have a bunch of problems before Apple came out with some upgrade that everyone had to download and even had problems with that?

I think the storm is nice, but I need a real keyboard. I just bought an unlocked Curve 8900 last week and it'll be here tomorrow, can't wait. They won't be out in the U.S. until Feb. 11th.

pic1.jpg
pic3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread