Just bought a new BB Storm

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Seriously, head over to crackberry.com and update your OS, you wont be disappointed.

I have ZERO problems on .90

Go get .99.

i tried to find the new update but I cant, its making me mad. Can you send me the link??

Are you serious? It's the first link on crackberry.com's site. Follow their directions EXTREMELY closely when doing your first OS upgrade, because you have to delete a file, but they don't put that important step in bold.

Last edited:

01tahoe

Established Member
I wonder how many of those were in the first week of Storm sales? Everyone says "OMG this phone is so slow, I hate it, I'm taking it back" when they could have waited a little longer and gotten an OS upgrade. Now there have been around 4 different upgrades and people's phones are working great.

Didn't the iphone have a bunch of problems before Apple came out with some upgrade that everyone had to download and even had problems with that?

I think the storm is nice, but I need a real keyboard. I just bought an unlocked Curve 8900 last week and it'll be here tomorrow, can't wait. They won't be out in the U.S. until Feb. 11th.

pic1.jpg
pic3.jpg

What is the difference between the Curve 8900 and the Bold?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I wonder how many of those were in the first week of Storm sales? Everyone says "OMG this phone is so slow, I hate it, I'm taking it back" when they could have waited a little longer and gotten an OS upgrade. Now there have been around 4 different upgrades and people's phones are working great.

Didn't the iphone have a bunch of problems before Apple came out with some upgrade that everyone had to download and even had problems with that?

I think the storm is nice, but I need a real keyboard. I just bought an unlocked Curve 8900 last week and it'll be here tomorrow, can't wait. They won't be out in the U.S. until Feb. 11th.

The most common complaint I heard was about the clicking and it running very very slow.

When the iPhone was released it had a few bugs but wasn't running as slow as a 386 pentium computer.

Oh and does that clicking ever go away?

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
I'm going to see about upgrading my OS tomorrow on crackberry's site. As far as the clicking and slow scrolling screen, changing the tap interval to 250, hover period to 200, and swipe sensitivity to 5 made my click feature and scrolling work MUCH better, as well as changing the screen display to 4x4.

Who has updated their Storm 9530 to the .90 or .99 OS? Both are beta correct? Do they really make a difference? Mine came with .75 on it.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What is the difference between the Curve 8900 and the Bold?

The new Curve isn't 3G, but has a faster processor so the internet is much faster than the original Curve. It also runs OS 4.7 which is newer than the Bold's software. The 8900 screen has a better resolution than the bold and even the storm. It's got a 3.2 MP camera compared to the Bold's 2.0MP. It's got GPS and WiFi just like the Bold. The thing I like is the 8900 is much smaller than the Bold. It's about the same size as the current Curve, just thinner, making it much more compact than the Bold.

I'm going to see about upgrading my OS tomorrow on crackberry's site. As far as the clicking and slow scrolling screen, changing the tap interval to 250, hover period to 200, and swipe sensitivity to 5 made my click feature and scrolling work MUCH better, as well as changing the screen display to 4x4.

Who has updated their Storm 9530 to the .90 or .99 OS? Both are beta correct? Do they really make a difference? Mine came with .75 on it.

Here is the download for the .99 OS for the 9530.

Best Yet? OS 4.7.0.99 Leaked for the BlackBerry Storm 9530 | CrackBerry.com

iflyagfour

Established Member
Im still diggin on mine. I got it almost a month ago and it seems to work pretty well. Kinda bogs down if you keep alot of text or emails stored on it though. I just wish there were more apps available for it.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I was thinking about getting the storm... after toying with it at the local verizon store I soon realized how superior the iphone is... good luck with yours.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
.90 and .99 make a huge difference, and i have not had problems out of either one.

i am waiting for some decent apps as i am getting bored with the features of this phone.

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
.90 and .99 make a huge difference, and i have not had problems out of either one.

i am waiting for some decent apps as i am getting bored with the features of this phone.

The App store is supposedly going to open in March or late February.

LOL at the guys saying the iphone is superior based on their experiences with the stores demo phones. (Now watch, they'll claim they played with a friends or something to reclaim some validity).

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
I was thinking about getting the storm... after toying with it at the local verizon store I soon realized how superior the iphone is... good luck with yours.

see below

The App store is supposedly going to open in March or late February.

LOL at the guys saying the iphone is superior based on their experiences with the stores demo phones. (Now watch, they'll claim they played with a friends or something to reclaim some validity).

Exactly. I was hesitant at first after messing with the demos in the store and the iphones at the apple store. I ended up buying the storm because I didn't care for the safari web browser and a few other things about the iphone. Changing the settings and updating the OS make a HUGE difference from the demo models. Hell out of the box mine was much better than those demos. Heard the same thing about the app store. CAn't wait!

I read on crackberry the .90 had some stability issues and that was the reason for the .99 update. I haven't read the .99 results thread yet over there.

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
No, the same is true of iPhone owners. EVERYBODY loves the choice THEY made.

I have a basic cell phone that is good at making cell phone calls, it also takes decent pictures for some unknown reason.

I do not even know the model number, do not care.

same here, basic flip phone to make and receive calls. Period. no texting, pic sending bullshit.
my wife has the black berry storm and while it is nice, i would never use it for anything more that calling.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
same here, basic flip phone to make and receive calls. Period. no texting, pic sending bullshit.
my wife has the black berry storm and while it is nice, i would never use it for anything more that calling.

I completely understand this mentality. I think a big part of marketing the iphone is how many gimmicks it has on it. BB kind of mirrored that advertising, but really focused more on the main features of the phone, which I think are the most important. I could careless if my iphone can tell me how many G's my car is pulling or if it can choose my dinner plans by shaking it. I don't want to play hardcore racing games on it by tilting it side to side. I got a phone so I could call people, text, check my email, schedule my life, and use the internet and GPS if necessary and I think a Blackberry is perfect for that. The Iphone is too much about 'look what crazy and pointless apps we can make for our phone using the accelerometer' and not enough about PDA and phone capabilities.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
I completely understand this mentality. I think a big part of marketing the iphone is how many gimmicks it has on it. BB kind of mirrored that advertising, but really focused more on the main features of the phone, which I think are the most important. I could careless if my iphone can tell me how many G's my car is pulling or if it can choose my dinner plans by shaking it. I don't want to play hardcore racing games on it by tilting it side to side. I got a phone so I could call people, text, check my email, schedule my life, and use the internet and GPS if necessary and I think a Blackberry is perfect for that. The Iphone is too much about 'look what crazy and pointless apps we can make for our phone using the accelerometer' and not enough about PDA and phone capabilities.

I think it's best to say the Iphone is for the look at me hip and trendy need to fit in type person. The Blackberry is for someone who needs a phone with a reliable email, gps, web browser and will store alot of work documents and plan their schedule with their phone.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
I think it's best to say the Iphone is for the look at me hip and trendy need to fit in type person. The Blackberry is for someone who needs a phone with a reliable email, gps, web browser and will store alot of work documents and plan their schedule with their phone.

I would say that is wrong. The IPHONE can do way more than the storm.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
I would say that is wrong. The IPHONE can do way more than the storm.

The Storm is still a new phone, hardly 3 months old. Doesn't even have an app store yet. Once it does, the Storm will be able to do MUCH more. I'm just going by what I see at work and when hanging out. Everyone has an Iphone does nothing but listen to music and load it up with all these apps that do nothing but take up memory space.

Last edited:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
The Storm is still a new phone, hardly 3 months old. Doesn't even have an app store yet. Once it does, the Storm will be able to do MUCH more. I'm just going by what I see at work and when hanging out. Everyone has an Iphone and does nothing but listen to music and load it up with all these apps that do nothing but take up memory space.

Lol I guess thats a way to look at it from a completely biased point of view. Or you could look at it like this... You can use the Iphone as your ipod so you no longer need both. All the apps on the iphone are useless? lol ok man whatever you say. email on the iphone works great. Plus the iphone has wifi which the storm doesn't... ease of use deffinately goes to the iphone... speed goes to the iphone. Basically your saying because your phone can take a video and has a few more email features that its a better phone? Stop smoking the pipe man. The app store for the storm will never ever have as many companies making software for it as apple has, which will result in crappy apps. Say what you want about the iphone but its a lot better then the storm.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Lol I guess thats a way to look at it from a completely biased point of view. Or you could look at it like this... You can use the Iphone as your ipod so you no longer need both. All the apps on the iphone are useless? lol ok man whatever you say. email on the iphone works great. Plus the iphone has wifi which the storm doesn't... ease of use deffinately goes to the iphone... speed goes to the iphone. Basically your saying because your phone can take a video and has a few more email features that its a better phone? Stop smoking the pipe man. The app store for the storm will never ever have as many companies making software for it as apple has, which will result in crappy apps. Say what you want about the iphone but its a lot better then the storm.

I did not say ALL the apps for the iphone are useless. I said everyone I know who has an iphone, prob 11 or 12 ppl, all have the useless apps on their iphone. They do nothing with it but download apps and use it for a week or two, then download more when new ones come out. As for wifi I don't need wifi, my 3g browser is plenty fast enough. The music? All I had to do was install verizon rhapsody and it's drag and drop, just like itunes, simple as that. Put down teh pipe man, the Iphone is not the messiah of phones. I'm saying they are pretty damn close to equal. BOTH have pretty much the same features. Not a whole lot different. BB has better email, iphone has better music. BB has video, iphone has wifi. I'd hardly ever use both if had both.

Last edited:

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member

My storm is just as good of a media device as the iphone, and.. oh shit, i have expandable memory! The storm 9520 comes with Wifi, the 9500 and 9530 do not, which isnt a problem because my 3g coverage is awesome. I have no need for wifi. And you're insane if you think companies wont jump over the storm to make apps for it., that is just nonsensical bias, grasping at straws why you believe the iphone to be superior, when clearly, the only major difference at this point is the amount of apps available for each phone.

Users who are viewing this thread