Just got my blower back from Stiegemeier!!

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Wow! I don't think I've heard of anyone running out of pump at 470 rwhp (which is around where you are at 5500 rpm). I thought they were good for a tad of 500? Not doubting your reading Justin, but isn't this unusual? :shrug:
It is unusual, but the cars vary so much, one car might be able to make 525 w/ stock pumps and the next guy might only make 470, unfortunately I am the 470 guy. Oh well, pumps are on the way along w/ a sct maf, so I will get some real numbers in a week or two.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Did you consider the BAP, by any chance? If so, care to share your thoughts on why you decided to upgrade the pumps instead? Thanks!

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Did you consider the BAP, by any chance? If so, care to share your thoughts on why you decided to upgrade the pumps instead? Thanks!
I had focus pumps in my 03 and they worked real well. On the BAP, I really don't like the idea of putting more volts to the stock pumps to make them flow more fuel than they were designed to flow. I know lots of people use the BAP, but I don't like that idea at all. You don't have to push the focus pumps very hard to get the fuel you need out of them, so thats why I chose the focus pumps again.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Ah, I see. But have you heard of stock pumps failing w/ the BAP though? I have not. (Of course with your "luck", maybe they might, right, LOL?) From what I have read, the Focus pumps are only good for something like 30 lb-hr more than the stockers. (And they're more of a pain to put in, of course.) If you're worried about the excess voltage, have you considered the HObbs switch? (Only ups the voltage when boost pressure goes above a set amount.) Maybe that would ease your mind? Just something to consider, is all.

Oh, and now that I re-read your initial post, I see you had/have the BAP.

Users who are viewing this thread