Just got my blower back from Stiegemeier!!

LizardMan

Established Member
I hate to ask a silly question, but ...

Which way do the rotors spin while in use: with the rotors moving the air down through the middle squeezed between the rotors, or the other way, creating two streams of air each flowing along the inner surface of the case trapped by the rotor, then merging together again at the exit port(s)?

Does the air flow in the rear port, in to the area of the case above the rotors and then down between them through the middle of the unit and out the bottom ports? Or, do the rotors spin the other way creating two streams of air trapped between the case and the rotors, which merge near the exit ports?

Down through the middle seems more likely, but I'm not sure. I sure like to see an unmounted unit once in the flesh.

What is the dark coating on the rotors?

Thanks!
:shrug:

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I cant wait untill i have enough money to do the rear end brace, guages, pulley/chip/exhaust/cai/ and have the tb, inlet and blower ported from Stiegemeier! As my sig says, maybe next summer, I sure hope so! :burnout:

dynobobstieg

LizardMan said:
I hate to ask a silly question, but ...

Which way do the rotors spin while in use: with the rotors moving the air down through the middle squeezed between the rotors, or the other way, creating two streams of air each flowing along the inner surface of the case trapped by the rotor, then merging together again at the exit port(s)?

Does the air flow in the rear port, in to the area of the case above the rotors and then down between them through the middle of the unit and out the bottom ports? Or, do the rotors spin the other way creating two streams of air trapped between the case and the rotors, which merge near the exit ports?

Down through the middle seems more likely, but I'm not sure. I sure like to see an unmounted unit once in the flesh.

What is the dark coating on the rotors?

Thanks!
:shrug:

The rotors spin the other way to create two streams of air trapped between the case and the rotors.

dynobobstieg

Narcosynthesis said:
Are fuel upgrades needed for ported blowers? I have heard mixed opinions on this.

Different fuel Octane requires a different tune. We offer a multi bank SCT Chip which can hold those various tunes. :thumbsup:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Dyno Update!!!Car ran out of fuel

Well got up early this mouring and went to the dyno. The first pull the car went lean at 5,500 rpm's, but also made 471 rwhp and and 5500 rpm's, so we shut it down and added fuel, same result. So we added more fuel same result so then we added all the fuel the predator has in it and still the same. We put a fuel pressure gauge on the car and it held fuel pressure so the car is out of injector. I have never seen an 03,04 run out of injector at 470hp. So now my next step is to buy injectors or have james(rwtd) write me another tune and bump up the fuel pressure, which I hate to do but it might have to do for now. The positive the car was on pace to make somewhere between 490-500. So the car sits again!!!!!!!

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Here is a copy of my dyno sheet.
Porteddynosheet.jpg

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have seen cars approaching 500 hp that need to do the upgrades.. injectors,pumps and MAF.each car is different so you will only know by what the dyno results tell you..I always tell anyone inquring about porting that this could be a reality for them and they must factor it into the decision. If you are pegging the MAF do not try to tune around it..do a MAFEXT or SCTMAF.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
we have seen cars approaching 500 hp that need to do the upgrades.. injectors,pumps and MAF.each car is different so you will only know by what the dyno results tell you..I always tell anyone inquring about porting that this could be a reality for them and they must factor it into the decision. If you are pegging the MAF do not try to tune around it..do a MAFEXT or SCTMAF.
I just did some datalogging w/ the predator and my pumps are maxed, it was showing 49% at 5500 on. My predator does not have MAF V for some reason so I can't check the meter right now. Any suggestions?

primo

Established Member
I think James wil be able to help you out after he gets his new server up. Sounds like the MAF is pegging. Your injectors should be fine, but might want to get a BAP. I just got a MAFXtender from Billetflow and James is going to write me a tune for it when he gets up and running again. Hopefully I dont run into the same problem. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
So true Linn. But why would people even risk it if it is borderline? I personally ran out of fuel at 495rwhp. Unfortunately it happened at a Club sponsored dyno day so I was out $400. when my car had to be pulled because they couldn't finish the tune. And this after Jerry (SCT) told/warned me ahead of tuning my car that this would happen. My meter was pegged at approx. 485rwhp as well. I will continue to recommend that people upgrade their meter and pumps at the 490+ level. Again, why risk it, and it will undoubtedly be needed in the future anyway. The one thing nobody wants to do is run out of fuel at 5500+rpm and run lean! And we know that not everyone even bothers to check their tune on a dyno.

Last edited:

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
CobraBob said:
And we know that not everyone even bothers to check their tune on a dyno.
i love it when people say "no need to dyno just add some fuel, youll be fine" ya right! i went lean and my maf was about pegged. fortunatly i have a good tuner he brought my a/f to 12.0 flat across the board and got me 500+sae and almost 100ftlbs under the curve :thumbsup:
portedblower.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
wiz said:
i love it when people say "no need to dyno just add some fuel, youll be fine" ya right! i went lean and my maf was about pegged. fortunatly i have a good tuner he brought my a/f to 12.0 flat across the board and got me 500+sae and almost 100ftlbs under the curve :thumbsup:
portedblower.jpg
Wow! That is a VERY nice A/F curve. Similar to my old Amazon tune but yours is a bit flatter. Very nice!!!
:beer:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Justin Blake said:
I just did some datalogging w/ the predator and my pumps are maxed, it was showing 49% at 5500 on. My predator does not have MAF V for some reason so I can't check the meter right now. Any suggestions?

Wow! I don't think I've heard of anyone running out of pump at 470 rwhp (which is around where you are at 5500 rpm). I thought they were good for a tad of 500? Not doubting your reading Justin, but isn't this unusual? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread