Just got off the phone with svt

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
replicatedports said:
Whoever you spoke with is clueless.

Detailed information is already on their website. The wheels are 19" + 9.5", for example:

http://www.svt.ford.com/vehicleGT500.asp

You sir, are a moron.

The prodution GT500 will have 18" wheels, not 19. If you had bothered to read the official Ford press release you would have known that. Hell it's only all over CNN, AutoWeek, Car & Driver and a million other sites.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Must .. have .. vert .. I'm almost afraid to call and ask, but they must have a vert model in the plans ... right ... please.

SGL

Banned
COBRA MAN OF UT said:
EATON OR WHIPPLE OR OTHER CHARGER NOT DECIDED YET

EPA certification takes a long time. I'm sure Ford has already decided on the final powerplant.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
Yea all this stuff is great man.............But WHAT ABOUT THE FUC@IN MONEY!!!! How much is it going to be?

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Daffy said:
Must .. have .. vert .. I'm almost afraid to call and ask, but they must have a vert model in the plans ... right ... please.

Couldn't agree more. When I called, the guy said that "they always have in the past" what-ever-the-hell that means. I was truly disappointed that the "surprise" wasn't a Vert GT500 for NY. Even HTT was quoted:
"Will there be a Cobra Convertible?" "Come to New York" was his answer. Well, someone went there, right? Where the hell is it??? :cuss:

I think I'll start a new thread about this right now...

2814v

Established Member
I'll tell you about the money. It will go from my bank account right to FOMOCO, I'm buying one.

Metro1

Established Member
Sorry guys I will just have to keep my 600 + RWHP 04 until ALL the bugs are worked out and the dust settles. Like I say to all the VET boys it's a shame you spent 70k to have you’re a**handed to you.

owneda1LE

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
You sir, are a moron.

The prodution GT500 will have 18" wheels, not 19. If you had bothered to read the official Ford press release you would have known that. Hell it's only all over CNN, AutoWeek, Car & Driver and a million other sites.

So SVT's wesbite, which JUST POSTED the detailed inf on the new GT500, is WRONG? :shrug:

This CAR AND DRIVER write-up says 19" wheels... :shrug:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?intAsvPageCurrent=3&section_id=31&article_id=9346

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
replicatedports said:
So SVT's wesbite, which JUST POSTED the detailed inf on the new GT500, is WRONG? :shrug:

once again, we are talking about a pre-production show car at this point and so is Ford on the website

as I see it, since concepts have started becoming production within a year or so (by all the automakers), the term "concept car" has taken on a whole new meaning.

these vehicles are introduced to us now as nearly-finalized versions with only a few details to change

apparently, they still want to make a flashy introduction and big wheels complete that impression

the only problem is that, as you all know, we would rather see some reality in the running gear, since that's what we truly care about (are you listening to us FORD?)

Ford has already stated, in various places, their intentions on wheel size...

Last edited:

owneda1LE

Banned
JB said:
once again, we are talking about a pre-production show car at this point and so is Ford on the website

as I see it, since concepts have started becoming production within a year or so (by all the automakers), the term "concept car" has taken on a whole new meaning.

these vehicles are introduced to us now as nearly-finalized versions with only a few details to change

apparently, they still want to make a big, flashy introduction and big wheels complete that impression....as you all know, we would rather see some reality in the running gear, since that's what we truly care about (are you listening to us FORD?)

Ford has already stated, in various places, their intentions on wheel size...

Please show me where the term "Pre Production Prototype" is mentioned on the Ford SVT site:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Ford has stated (on that webpage), that final details "will be anounced when the production version is unveiled at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit" :coolman:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
replicatedports said:
Please show me where the term "Pre Production Prototype" is mentioned on the Ford SVT site:[/url]

please show me where the term "prototype" is mentioned in my post :poke:

Jpjr

Established Member
cjuni said:
UNDER $40k

that's not so hard to understand

maybe you could help me with my day-trading. since even ford does not know how much it will cost its amazing that the price has been worked out on the svtp forum. :poke:

i am sure they are targeting 40k. but don't act like bigger meats, twin-screw vs roots blower, warranty cost, etc. will not factor into pricing. and until they have a production vehicle completed, you simply can't say what the price will be. unless your in the business of losing money which ford dabbles in quite often..

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I'm thinking 40k, but between the hype, shelby name, and over 450hp, I'm thinking it'll be hard to find one for under 45k. If I do decide to get one, I'll do what I did with my 03, wait a year and get it "new" with 10k off.
BTW: If it has 19's that would suck, they look good, but 450hp + the price of 19inch tires equals a hurting in my pocket. Gotta pay to play I guess.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
BigSweezey said:
I'm thinking 40k, but between the hype, shelby name, and over 450hp, I'm thinking it'll be hard to find one for under 45k. If I do decide to get one, I'll do what I did with my 03, wait a year and get it "new" with 10k off.
BTW: If it has 19's that would suck, they look good, but 450hp + the price of 19inch tires equals a hurting in my pocket. Gotta pay to play I guess.

I would be more worried about the cost of gas when that thing comes out. Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread