Just got off the phone with svt

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I HAD A FEW QUESTIONS MY SELF AND GOT SOME OF THE ANSWERS I WAS LOOKING FOR.

WHEELS SIZE SHOW CAR IS 19IN PRODUCTION WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE 18IN.

THE INTERIOR LIKE THE 10TH ANNIVERSERY WILL MORE THEN LIKELY NOT BE USED IN THE PRODUCTION MODEL.

HP WILL AT LEAST BE 450HP :burnout: EATON OR WHIPPLE OR OTHER CHARGER NOT DECIDED YET

STRIPES IF THEY GO WITH PRODUCTION MODEL WILL BE OPTIONED

THE PRODUCTION MODEL WILL BE AT THE DETROIT SHOW IN JAN. THAT CAR WILL BE THE ONE U WILL SEE ON SHOW ROOM FLOORS. THAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT JUNE, JULY OR SO... :cuss:

THIS IN HIS WORDS SHOW CAR IS TO STOP ALL THE RUMORS AND SPECULATIONS AND GIVES A QUOTE VERY GOOD IDEA OF WHAT UR GOIN TO SEE VERY LITTLE CHANGES WILL BE MADE BUT THERE WILL BE A FEW COSMETICALLY AND INTERNALLY.

THE REASONING FOR THE SHELBY INVOLVEMENT IS BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE AT SVT FEEL IF IT WASNT FOR HIM THE COBRA WOULD NOT BE WHAT IT IS TODAY ALONG WITH THE LIKES OF SVT. IN MY OPINION ITS A TRIBUTE TO HIM AND ALL HE HAS CONTRIBUTED OVER THE YEARS. AND LETS BE HONEST HES NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER WHAT A GREAT WAY FOR HIM TO BE INVOLVED SO HIGHLY AS ONE OF HIS LAST PROJECTS THE NEW COBRA. :bowdown: :bowdown:

WIEGHT AND NO PERFORMANCE TIMES ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN HE SAID WHAT IS ON THE NET AND IN N.Y IS A SHOW CAR BUT GIVES A REAL GOOD IDEA OF WHAT ITS GOIN TO BE.

ALOT OF PEOPLE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT BADGING IT DONT SAY SVT ON IT THAT IS ONE OF THE THINGS EXTERIOR WISE COULD GET CHANGED BUT HE SAID THE SVT LOGO OR BADGING WILL BE ALL OVER THE CAR ENGINE WISE AND INTERIOR MORE THEN ANY OTHER COBRA SO NO WORRYS THAT ITS NOT AN SVT...

I MYSELF CANT WAIT TO ORDER ONE. JUST IN THE LAST DAY I HAVE READ HOW PEOPLE LOVE IT AND SOME HATE IT. WE ALL SHOULD REMEMBER FORD CANT PLEASE EVERYONE... I THINK SOME PEOPLE ARE WANTING A 75K PERFORMACE AND HANDLING AND OVER ALL CAR FOR 40K... THAT"S JUST :bs: THOSE WHO THINK THAT WAY NEED TO COME INTO THE REAL WORLD.... :bash: U CANT TOUCH THE COBRA WHAT IT IS WHAT IT DOES FOR THE MONEY U JUST CANT. :beer:

IF U HAVE MORE QUESTIONS AND SOMETHING U WANT TO KNOW THAT I FORGOT FEEL FREE TO CALL 1800-FORD-SVT AND THEY ARE AWATING AND WILLING TO ANSWER WHAT EVER THEY CAN...

Rwick7

Established Member
If the stripes are optional (thought they would be) I might have to get me one. I guess you didn't inquire about MSRP?

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Would Not Confirm Anything On The Price Man Sorry? But I Think The Only Thing That Everyone Involved With This Car Has Agreed Upon Is That It Will Be 40k And Under....

rmgtc01

Established Member
turbochad said:
It WILL be under 40k!
No way! Especially with the Shelby name all over it. mulitplied by the lack of availability(more demand) and the hype; We will see it close to 50k for the first 6 months, then back down to about 45k or a bit less once everyone settles down. my .02

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I'M GETTING ONE TOO....I may have to quite ragging on Ford if they keep this up. Just deliver it at 35 to 40k sticker and we are there. SOB is bad!

What tires will fit in the back, 255 are not gonna grip!

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
If you look at other post they are saying that 275s are the largest tire that can fit on that car. Good luck hooking with that, solid rear or not.

mustang_00

Established Member
without a doubt it's amazing!!! i'm not trying to knit pick or anything but since shelby was invovled why no side scoops or side window scoops? i know the aftermarket has them so no big deal. also why didn't they give it different tail lights??? when you ask anyone what first comes to mind about a shelby gt500/california special car the first thing they mention is the rear end. does anyone know when cervinis is showing their body kit, i'm still curious to see what that looks like!!

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Well I also called SVT this afternoon. Thought I would give them some POSITIVE feedback.

First of all let me say that the gentleman I talked too said several times that this is a "show car". That they just wanted to get a car out for the public to see. But he did say that the car we are seeing is about 90% of what will see at the Detroit auto show next year. Which is when the production car will be shown. That being said...

I asked about bigger tires... Would the production car have bigger meats? He said "I hope so", in the tone of voice that let me know that they were well aware of the need for bigger tires. He said they were dealing with clearance issues. He also said that the production car would probably have 18" wheels, which we have already heard.

I asked about MSRP... He told me that it would be slightly higher than the 03-04. He was very non-committal on this question.

I asked about HP... All he would say is "450+" he wouldnt elaborate on the "plus". Sounded like they know this thing can easily make 450hp, as many have already figured.

I asked about the engine, was this finalized? He said the only thing up in the air was the supercharger, as to which manufacturer they would end up using.

That was about it, or at least that is all I can remember, it wasnt a very long conversation. I told him to keep up the good work and how this was a great time to be a Mustang fan and not a Camaro fan, he laughed. :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it's replacing the current Cobra, no way will it be over $40K. If it was a new model in addition to a Cobra I'd say 'YES'. But to bump a replacement that will be a mainstream hit up over five grand wouldn't be smart. I'm going to predict it will be in the $37K range. Not including dealer markup.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Whipple twin screw

I seriously hope they go with the twin screw as it states in the media release. If they go with the eaton I dont see myself buying one as it seems kind of counter productive to just bump displacement use the same s/c and call it the best cobra ever. With the eaton .8 liters more dislpacement and a 500 rpm reduction in max engine speed, i dont see it being the best ever. So if your reading SVT, 5.4 plus whipple twin screw equals atleast one guaranteed sale. i think everyone should get on the horn to SVT about that issue also and let them know the majority of buyers really want the twin screw whipple and not the eaton. After all Ford does have a contract with Whipple so it should not be an issue. Plus I dont see 450+ hp or closer to 500 as we suspect being obtained with an eaton at only 8 psi.

Later,
Reg

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
big reg said:
I seriously hope they go with the twin screw as it states in the media release. If they go with the eaton I dont see myself buying one as it seems kind of counter productive to just bump displacement use the same s/c and call it the best cobra ever. With the eaton .8 liters more dislpacement and a 500 rpm reduction in max engine speed, i dont see it being the best ever. So if your reading SVT, 5.4 plus whipple twin screw equals atleast one guaranteed sale. i think everyone should get on the horn to SVT about that issue also and let them know the majority of buyers really want the twin screw whipple and not the eaton. After all Ford does have a contract with Whipple so it should not be an issue. Plus I dont see 450+ hp or closer to 500 as we suspect being obtained with an eaton at only 8 psi.

Later,
Reg
I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread