Just got the cobra back with the new clutch setup

04cobraman89

Established Member
I bought the Mcleod rst model with the light weight steel flywheel! the clutch is so much easier to push in! I am going to drive the car 800 miles before I WOT. They say 500 is enough but i dont want to take a chance. The car shifts so smoothly and if anyone is looking into getting a new clutch i would tell everyone to spend the extra money and go with Mcleod

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Remember it's not just the mileage. Its the clutch going in and out from stop and go driving that breaks them in. Gettting on the freeway and setting cruise control for 1k miles isn't breaking a clutch in.

04cobraman89

Established Member
I know, thanks for the reply! thats why i am driving it closer to 800 miles. They said in the ball park of 1200 shifts but we are mainly just driving around town and not putting it in cruise

va boy

Established Member
I know, thanks for the reply! thats why i am driving it closer to 800 miles. They said in the ball park of 1200 shifts but we are mainly just driving around town and not putting it in cruise

I agree with you 100%. I've had my McLeod twin disc for 3 months now. Excpet for the Whipple, it is my favorite mod. Makes driving the car so much more enjoyable doesn't it!

Never realized how stiff the factory clutch set up was until I got this one bolted up.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just hit the 500 mark with my new clutch and did a couple pulls from 2nd-3rd gear up to 6k rpms. Op I think the 500 mark should be fine as long as it's been city driven. I'll be doing more city miles before I get all out crazy with it. I just wanted to see if the clutch was holding just fine.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Haven't driven my car since the RXT install. I think I'll go sit in some LA rush hour traffic this weekend and call it good ;-) Should be close to 1200 shifts :rolling:

EDIT: come to think of it, I bought the clutch from Bdubbs a while back haha, thanks again!

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I agree...I drove through about 100 different neighborhoods when I was breaking in the Spec

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Haven't driven my car since the RXT install. I think I'll go sit in some LA rush hour traffic this weekend and call it good ;-) Should be close to 1200 shifts :rolling:

EDIT: come to think of it, I bought the clutch from Bdubbs a while back haha, thanks again!

:beer: Glad you got it in!

Users who are viewing this thread