Just killed a...

VictorySong

Established Member
house centipede. Sucks as I have a no kill policy on everything but cockroachs. He looked like a roach when he was hiding near the dryer and I sprayed the shit out of him.

I had been wondering where all the spiders had gone to. I'm guessing he killed most of them. Saw a Brown Recluse yesterday that I wish he would have taken out.

ETA: Took down pic due to asshurt. Article here. :p
http://housecentipede.net/

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Oh I'm sorry, is this a picture thread? :p

Cool nonetheless.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I hate those things, they will look at you, juke and try to run past you if you corner one. Nothing like a normal dumb bug. Very creepy the way they move and they can get big - like 8" long. You really need to add those and spiders to your "kill" list. I mean if you currently find a Brown Recluse, you seriously don't kill it??? WTF....

Artie1957

Banned
I've been bitten by a brown recluse. The effects of its venom on your body is no pick nick, trust me when I say " if you find one in your house, kill it with extreme prejudice ".

csc

Established Member
I have scorpions

in my house. We never walk around barefoot.
Also have geckos, love them. They eat pests, but apparently not scorpions.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
in my house. We never walk around barefoot.
Also have geckos, love them. They eat pests, but apparently not scorpions.

I used to kill scorpions left and right, but lately haven't seen one in a while. Pretty common in CC Southside in the newer built houses.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have MasterShield treat my house (inside and outside) and that pretty much eliminates pests like this. I HATE centipedes.

VictorySong

Established Member
I'm going to deduct a man point for the spray kill.

I tried to hit him with the toilet plunger, he was too fast. :D

I've been bitten by a brown recluse. The effects of its venom on your body is no pick nick, trust me when I say " if you find one in your house, kill it with extreme prejudice ".

Meh, the odds of getting bit are pretty much zero. Though, I've heard spraying makes them really aggressive due to nerve damage.

I have MasterShield treat my house (inside and outside) and that pretty much eliminates pests like this. I HATE centipedes.

Doubt it would help much. My door has a 1/8" gap at the bottom and I see spiders coming and going all the time. I usually only spray if I see roaches which hasn't happen in a few years.

I used to kill scorpions left and right, but lately haven't seen one in a while. Pretty common in CC Southside in the newer built houses.

Scorpions seem to love my work boots. Not as common in this area though.

VictorySong

Established Member
So you dont hunt? Also what happens if someone breaks into your house while yall are home?

Like I said, I kill cockroaches. I've been to busy to hunt this year and probably won't for 2014 due to grad school. Hunting in TX blows compared to the Dakotas anyway so I don't feel like I'm missing much. It's most coyote/hog pest control. I eat meat, vegetables, and fruit so I guess I'm a mass murderer by that standard since all were living at some point. :D

Artie1957

Banned
So you dont hunt? Also what happens if someone breaks into your house while yall are home!

He'll sic the spider on him!

Meh, the odds of getting bit are pretty much zero. Though, I've heard spraying makes them really aggressive due to nerve damage.

I didn't set out to get bit by one either but, it happened. At a public park with little children running around.
I could see my tendon moving from where the flesh rotted off (third knuckle, middle finger).
Not to mention the blood poisoning that set in (this almost always happens with a venomous spider bite).

Users who are viewing this thread