Just left the Dyno (My home port)

RussZTT

Established Member
Ya, they were in the low 120 range. I really don't want to get rid of the cage so im hoping something comes of that thread for the aftermarket cage :rockon:

Can't believe It only saw 12psi. I was impressed though that it didn't start falling off just a titty bit before he shut it down .:rockon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Ya, they were in the low 120 range. I really don't want to get rid of the cage so im hoping something comes of that thread for the aftermarket cage :rockon:

Can't believe It only saw 12psi. I was impressed though that it didn't start falling off just a titty bit before he shut it down .:rockon:

I still think upper only cars as far as a fun factor as the funnest to drive with a port. They don't peak until really high and don't drop off. That's no something a Terminator with an Eaton is supposed to do. Feels like more of a Centrifugal IMHO.

04Sonic

Established Member
Eric is a good dude. He uses a dyno jet, what were the SAE numbers.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow... nice job :beer:

I wouldn't hold your breath on a caged lower setup though. I just don't know if there's enough money in it to justify the R & D.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Nice numbers, Russ!:thumbsup:

That's pretty close to what I had on my old ported Eaton setup (509 RWHP), but that was at 14 pounds of boost with a 2.76" upper. I'm sure the cooler weather also helped with the numbers...:beer:

Russ

Last edited:

echo412

Established Member
Russ awesome numbers but why are you only seeing 12lbs with a 2.76 upper? I am seeing 14lbs with 2.81. Also what was ur timing?

RussZTT

Established Member
Russ awesome numbers but why are you only seeing 12lbs with a 2.76 upper? I am seeing 14lbs with 2.81. Also what was ur timing?
I'm not sure. My only thinking is because I ported my lower, port matched the heads to the lower and also port matched the manifolds. So im guessing its pretty efficient, making good power with less boost.

Timing is at 22º but with the LiveWire, I can pull some out on a warm day if needed. It was 68º in the shop so it was pretty cool.

Last edited:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member

So is this pretty common for a ported blower to drop boost? i know less restriction means lower boost but wasnt sure if that applied to the blower itself as well :shrug: a boost chart i saw said 2.76 upper should make around 15 PSI.....so a drop to 12 seems like alot.

RussZTT

Established Member
So is this pretty common for a ported blower to drop boost? i know less restriction means lower boost but wasnt sure if that applied to the blower itself as well :shrug: a boost chart i saw said 2.76 upper should make around 15 PSI.....so a drop to 12 seems like alot.
Read above :beer:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

My ported blower dropped boost by about 1/2-3/4 of a lb, I saw about 12.5-13lbs on average with my 2.75 upper.

Users who are viewing this thread