Just moved to Texas . My car won't hook here!

bzubke1

Established Member
About two months ago I moved to texas(dfw) from wisconsin. Since I've moved here my car can't hook I spin to the top of 1st and 2nd. In wisconsin my tires would barely break loose in 1st. At first I thought it was becuase of the heat. But even on cold days I still spin like crazy. I'm wonderin if they make there roads different here or something. Just thought this was weird and wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Common

Established Member
Ummmm, heat is good for hookin. Cold is NOT good.

What is the question here?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
If it doesn't rain much there, the oils haven't been washed away. That might be your problem?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
What was your elevation in Wisconsin? It's around 1200 ft in D/FW.
Also what grade is premium gas, is it 93 or less?

xenodragon

Established Member
Ummmm, heat is good for hookin. Cold is NOT good.

What is the question here?

The question is why is he spinning in texas (HOTTER) and not spinning in wisconsin (COLDER).

Per your logic he should not be spinning in texas and he should be spinning in wisconsin. Please re-read and try again.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL... I know what you mean. I have lived in austin for the last 8 1/2 years and the road surface around here sucks for the most, quite slippery. I moved from Houston where I rarely had traction issues, however most of the road surface there is good old concrete, not cheap asphalt.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
my guess is the roads are probably different. Not positive but thats a pretty good guess! I dunno maybe Wisconsin uses something for all the snow? lol i dunno thats a hard question to answer man lol

jmk97GT

Established Member
I can't say for sure since I've never been to Texas, but I do know that tar and chip (really OLD way of making pavement) is used in the south because of the extreme heat. You definitely will not get as good of traction on these roads as compared to high-tech asphalt or concretes (used in the midwest more).

Although its more durable in high heat, the tar tends to bleed through the rocks to the surface when its very warm, making a slightly more slippery surface.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
The question is why is he spinning in texas (HOTTER) and not spinning in wisconsin (COLDER).

Per your logic he should not be spinning in texas and he should be spinning in wisconsin. Please re-read and try again.
You would think that trying to be a douche you would atleast be a little smarter.

Your point would only be true if all other factors were equal.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
funny how we can never get through a thread without d-bag remarks, entertaining nonetheless.

That is odd but how they hell were you barely spinning 1st? My 1st is useless and im up north in springfield IL when i drive

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I'd say it's the lower elevation - better air here means more power, more power means less traction.

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
If it doesn't rain much there, the oils haven't been washed away. That might be your problem?

+1.....the heat combined with a lack of sufficient rainfall are your problem. The extreme heat allows the oils to seap through the asphalt = slick.....the lack of rain doesn't help wash any of it away = extremely slick

Users who are viewing this thread