Just ordered 2.9 Whipple!! 1st owner!!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
tousley sells the 2.3 for like 300 under lethal .... soooo that means they may sale the 2.9 for 3400ish:shrug:

bigmoose

Established Member
tousley sells the 2.3 for like 300 under lethal .... soooo that means they may sale the 2.9 for 3400ish:shrug:

Tousley sell the "ford racing" S/C which is the whipple 2.3. I doubt Ford Racing will pick up the 2.9L for the terminator. Unless Tousley is also a whipple distributer.

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
i really wish i had my video camera out when the ass whoopin happended...that guy on the R1 had no idea what was coming

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
wow, isn't that more than lethal sells the 3.4 for?

I figured it would naturally be priced between the 2.3 and 3.4.

edit: the 3.4 sells for 3704 so I guess they are going to be priced the same?

I figured it would be 3500 to 3600.
dont forget if you go right throught whipple and you are military you get a 10% discount...

MalcolmV8

Established Member
How does a 2.9 make more power than a 2.3 on pump gas? how does it bypass the limitation of approx 600 rwhp from the 4.6 on pump gas?
I'm getting ready to buy a 2.3 but I have a pump gas requirement for daily driving. If the 2.9 can do more HP somehow on pump gas I'm game.

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
How does a 2.9 make more power than a 2.3 on pump gas? how does it bypass the limitation of approx 600 rwhp from the 4.6 on pump gas?
I'm getting ready to buy a 2.3 but I have a pump gas requirement for daily driving. If the 2.9 can do more HP somehow on pump gas I'm game.
from what mike told me from whipple the 2.9 is 2 inches longer then the 2.3...2.9 will get me to the 650HP mark thats with 2.9 with 3.5 stock pulley @17psi and with pump gas if you want more power add smaller pulley....650+hp DD sounds good to me...cant wait 2.9 will be at my house in a couple of days...i have both 3.5 and 3.25 pulleys on order so ill see what they both make.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
how much more is it than the 2.3? Also, how much taller is it than the 2.3? I ask because I already installed the MM strut bar made for clearing the Whipple, and want to make sure it is still going to clear this one. I'm running a stage 5 under it now, but needed the clearance for my Dragon inlet, and figured it would be perfect for the next step (Whipple) too.

The 2.9L for the Shelby has the intake on the Driver Side. Perhaps they kept it on the Passenger for the Cobra fitment. :dw:

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
damn I didnt know that. But thats still just about the same price as ordering from Tousley isnt it?

Any update on the 2.9?
the way i look at it is if Whipple Industries makes the supercharger they should have the best discount specially for military 10% close to $400..no update yet iam still waiting for the 2.9 hurry up UPS! i dont even know what the dame thing looks like but ill post it when it gets home.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
the way i look at it is if Whipple Industries makes the supercharger they should have the best discount specially for military 10% close to $400..no update yet iam still waiting for the 2.9 hurry up UPS! i dont even know what the dame thing looks like but ill post it when it gets home.

Very true! Did they not give you tracking info on it?

2003snake

Established Member

To bad that is not always the case.....my JL sub just blew the other day, I called JL to inquire about the exact part number and while I was on the phone asked the gentle man if they sold direct, and how much it cost....$219. I then asked if I could become a wholesale dealer and what the price would be if I was......He would not tell me?!?!?!?!?!

I then found it online 5 minutes later for $139 shipped to my door.... :D

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
To bad that is not always the case.....my JL sub just blew the other day, I called JL to inquire about the exact part number and while I was on the phone asked the gentle man if they sold direct, and how much it cost....$219. I then asked if I could become a wholesale dealer and what the price would be if I was......He would not tell me?!?!?!?!?!

I then found it online 5 minutes later for $139 shipped to my door.... :D
nice...sometimes thats what you got to do to get the better deal

OrangeFR500

03CobraSaleen
Established Member
2.9 whipple Arrived home safe!

finally its here, i havent even seen it in person yet but my wife sent me a text...i even got to watch her open the box up for me on skype...hehe...wish i was there...ill post the pics here shortly:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread