Just ordered my first mods

jaiasmit

Established Member
Nothing too exciting. Just the intake resonator delete kit from FRPP and a non-oiled blue air filter from AirRaid.

I've only the had the car a couple months now, so I'm taking it slow. I'm sure it won't be long before I upgrade the tune. I'm also already thinking about long tubes.

Wish me luck with keeping the mod bug under control.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Nothing too exciting. Just the intake resonator delete kit from FRPP and a non-oiled blue air filter from AirRaid.

I've only the had the car a couple months now, so I'm taking it slow. I'm sure it won't be long before I upgrade the tune. I'm also already thinking about long tubes.

Very nice! That's the way to do it IMO! Just add a mod every monh or two and get that rush continually.......:beer:

jaiasmit

Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm excited. This is my 4th S197 since 2005. I modded the first 2 GTs, but kept the Saleen (Dan Gurney) bone stock. I just don't think I can keep the Shelby completely stock. I'm planning on owning it for life, so I think I'm going to make it all that it can be.

If I stick with the plan, the next mod will be ARH long tubes and a tune. I'm going to hold off on the pulley swap as long as possible, but I'm thinking it won't end up being that long ;-)

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Might as well do it with the pulley and intake to save yourself of a retune

This.

You could separate your engine/power mods into one shot like that, and maybe do your suspension stuff in another (control arms/adjustable PHB and springs if you plan to lower it). That way, as someone already pointed out, you'll get to enjoy the significant difference each round of mods has made.

Good luck and enjoy!

Last edited:

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member

Part number of the filter you ordered? I want the same thing. Starting slow. Already put roush axle backs and side splitters.

jaiasmit

Established Member
I just got the parts today and already have them installed. Super simple install on both.

I've only driven it in town so far, so wasn't able to get into the supercharger whine at all. Hopefully I'll take it out in the country later tonight and open her up a bit.

The part number for the filter is 860-512 through AirRaid.

athlon551

Established Member
I thought Bobs LCA were it for the summer....then cam High flows with QTP's now have Vans CR and TVS in the mail.....$4000 later....and I stilll want tires before snow......I need a second job

Nice starter mods but beware of what they will do to you.....

Users who are viewing this thread