Just picked up a brand new GT500

little-dw

Established Member
I recently picked up a brand new 2014 GT500 first of August. It had 10.5 miles on the car. I love this thing. I did not want to have them transport it to me, so I drove out there to pick it up myself. Drove it back home (300+ miles) and loved every minute. On the way back I noticed a few things, some of which I found out looking and searching through the forums.

My questions:

1. When syncing my phone up via bluetooth and streaming audio, whether it be local music on the phone or Pandora/Google Music. How do I get it to show the Artist - Track or any of the ID3 tag metadata. Instead all I see is 'Streaming Audio' Ive pushed the 'Text' button but that does nothing

2. Also, I want to turn my text notifications off, but it says it is not supported for my phone when I go to settings and turn it off. I have the HTC One m8. Figured since its pretty new, it shouldnt have been an issue

3. I noticed my door sills colors do not change with the ambient lighting like that of my cousin's GT Premium. But I found how how to make the change to blue in the thread

4. I noticed there was a nice HOW-TO on installing a reverse camera on our cars. The question I have about this is, after installing the lockpick and camera, does it do away with the cobra logo when starting up the car? I read somewhere that it changes it to a mustang ...also in the dash where you would see the cobra and XXXmiles to empty, that also changes to a mustang. Is that true?

5. What are these little things located in the dome light section of the car. I have looked and cannot find anything on these. Attaching pictures

image 1
image 2

Anyways it's nice to be apart of this fine forum, and from all the posts and threads I've read, I know a lot of do's and don'ts now for future modding :)

I just got my windows tinted today, and it looks so good!

2014 GT500 Sterling Grey with Black stripes recaro seats, shaker pro 1000, navigation system, svt pack, performance pack, drag pack ... absolutely in love.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Congrats man.

Sorry can't help with 1-2-4 as I dont bother with that. #3 is separate from my color. #5 is the CIA listening to your conversations..... j/k those are mic's for bluetooth

good luck

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Welcome to the family!

1-2. I have an Alpine aftermarket radio could not help you with this.
3. Go the settings on the steering wheel menu...my colors.
4. Aftermarket radio, I have the Cobra.
5. I thought that they were microphones, but someone in the forum said that they are some type of "climate" sensors-maybe wrong on this one.

Manuel

little-dw

Established Member
Thanks everyone.

I thought they were the microphones but when on the phone I covered them up with my hands and the other person could still hear fine, that's what made me question myself about them.

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
#5 I thought was the alarm motion sensors. Roll down windows and with door open hit the lock button on remote. Wait like 30 seconds then reach arm through window and wave it setting off alarm. That's what I thought they were

Snoopy49

Established Member
5. What are these little things located in the dome light section of the car. I have looked and cannot find anything on these.

They are part of the Anti-theft system, intrusion and inclination sensor. Roll down your window, close all doors and lock the car with your remote. Stick you hand into the car through the window opening. Make sure you have your remote in the other hand. Unlock the car when you have confirmed the sensor works.

Roushman beat me to the punch.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
For the artist info and tags on Pandora after you've Sync'd your phone hit Menu then Mobile Apps. From there select Pandora and it will connect and give you that info. I love streaming Pandora with Sync, it works great. It also works with Amazon Music as well. For songs stored on your device you'll have to connect with Sync USB and wait for your library to Sync, which is buggy and takes a long time.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Congratulations. How are you going to post a pic of the microphone for voice command yet no pics of the car itself? It is mandatory to post pictures of your car when you buy it. =).

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
They are part of the Anti-theft system, intrusion and inclination sensor. Roll down your window, close all doors and lock the car with your remote. Stick you hand into the car through the window opening. Make sure you have your remote in the other hand. Unlock the car when you have confirmed the sensor works.

Roushman beat me to the punch.
Hi Snoop,

Do you know were the mic is at...I've been waiting to tap into it with my Alpine system, hate the aftermarket mic.

Thanks,

Manuel

Snoopy49

Established Member
Microphone Removal and Installation.jpg

little-dw

Established Member
Congratulations. How are you going to post a pic of the microphone for voice command yet no pics of the car itself? It is mandatory to post pictures of your car when you buy it. =).

haha, here ya go. took it with my phone the other day

GT500

this color has been the color of majority of my vehicles

'88 foxbody 408 windsor
'97 ranger xlt :)
'14 Shelby GT500

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats, fastest color :)
BTW, I missed seeing a Drag Pack on my order form, do you mean Track Pack ;-)
-J

Mapdog

Established Member
You better mostly pay attention to the fact that there is 662 HP on tap. I'd come back to those goodies in a few thousand miles or after you make your first 11 second pass. Congratulations man, they are awesome cars.

little-dw

Established Member
You better mostly pay attention to the fact that there is 662 HP on tap. I'd come back to those goodies in a few thousand miles or after you make your first 11 second pass. Congratulations man, they are awesome cars.

yea, I dont know why I want to do more to this one, when I have a 9 second foxbody ... I guess because this one I can cruise around on the road :coolman:

Did this car come from South Pittsburg Ford? Enjoy your new car!! Very nice.

I drove to Stone Mountain, GA outside of Atlanta

little-dw,
Nice car.
Great looking car! Congrats again and good luck with her.
Congrats and enjoy your New Shelby!
Congrats, fastest color :)
BTW, I missed seeing a Drag Pack on my order form, do you mean Track Pack ;-)
-J

Thanks. I will enjoy this plenty
And yea, I guess track pack. I got it fully loaded minus the glass roof. Guess I heard some one mention drag pack and not know what they were talking about

Users who are viewing this thread